Here are my specs:
Ultra X3 800W PSU with 55A on 12V rail.
Win 7 64 bit
6GB Corsair RAM
1TB Hard drive
Intel Core i7
XFX x58i Mobo
PNY GTS 450

I recently purchased a PNY GTS 450 to replace my BFG GTX 280 OC edition which burned out. Ever since I installed the drivers, my computer has been skipping and lagging non-stop. It's so bad that I cant even game or do anything. It takes minutes for a browser to open sometimes. The 450 worked perfectly when I physically installed it and Windows downloaded drivers. I went to nVidia's site, downloaded the newest patch, installed it and that is when problems started happening. It feels like theres a skip and lag in everything. For example my sound is jerky and prolonged like a scratched audio CD. It takes forever to load Windows now, the sound is distorted, everything lags, and its just horrible.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers numerous times. I used DriverSweeper to get rid of all drivers. I uninstalled and reinstalled my onboard audio drivers just incase there was a conflict. I even tried to uninstall and reinstall under Safe Mode. Still nothing. I need some help. I don't know why it would work fine one minute and then stop functioning the next after I install official drivers.
Here are my specs:

Win 7 64 bit

6GB Corsair RAM

1TB Hard drive

Intel Core i7

XFX x58i Mobo

PNY GTS 450

I recently purchased a PNY GTS 450 to replace my BFG GTX 280 OC edition which burned out. Ever since I installed the drivers, my computer has been skipping and lagging non-stop. It's so bad that I cant even game or do anything. It takes minutes for a browser to open sometimes. The 450 worked perfectly when I physically installed it and Windows downloaded drivers. I went to nVidia's site, downloaded the newest patch, installed it and that is when problems started happening. It feels like theres a skip and lag in everything. For example my sound is jerky and prolonged like a scratched audio CD. It takes forever to load Windows now, the sound is distorted, everything lags, and its just horrible.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers numerous times. I used DriverSweeper to get rid of all drivers. I uninstalled and reinstalled my onboard audio drivers just incase there was a conflict. I even tried to uninstall and reinstall under Safe Mode. Still nothing. I need some help. I don't know why it would work fine one minute and then stop functioning the next after I install official drivers.

Posted 10/22/2010 11:38 PM   
Here are my specs:
Win 7 64 bit
6GB Corsair RAM
1TB Hard drive
Intel Core i7
XFX x58i Mobo
PNY GTS 450

Here are my specs:

Win 7 64 bit

6GB Corsair RAM

1TB Hard drive

Intel Core i7

XFX x58i Mobo

PNY GTS 450

Posted 10/22/2010 11:38 PM   
You didn't read what I said. I said that after installing the 450, my comp is lagging. Not games. The whole thing. Windows 7, Games, Internet, Boot, everything. All after I installed official drivers. I can't even get it back to the point where Windows automatically detected it.
You didn't read what I said. I said that after installing the 450, my comp is lagging. Not games. The whole thing. Windows 7, Games, Internet, Boot, everything. All after I installed official drivers. I can't even get it back to the point where Windows automatically detected it.

Posted 10/22/2010 11:52 PM   

Posted 10/22/2010 11:52 PM   
Anyone?
Anyone?

Posted 10/23/2010 02:37 PM   
Anyone?
Anyone?

Posted 10/23/2010 02:37 PM   
Swapped it out for an old 7700 and it ran better with the 7700 than the 450. Probably a DOA card... damn it! It was working fine before and then crapped out...
Swapped it out for an old 7700 and it ran better with the 7700 than the 450. Probably a DOA card... damn it! It was working fine before and then crapped out...

Posted 10/23/2010 03:44 PM   

[quote name='nyczducky' date='23 October 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1287848655' post='1135484']
[/quote]

I have been using a Radeon 5770, but this went for repair, so bought The Nvidia GTS 450 as I had read good things. All I can say is, I cannot WAIT for my Radeon to come back. The Nvidia GTS 450 is dire, absolute dire. Dreadful lag. Awful. I will never buy Nvidia again.
[quote name='nyczducky' date='23 October 2010 - 03:44 PM' timestamp='1287848655' post='1135484']

I have been using a Radeon 5770, but this went for repair, so bought The Nvidia GTS 450 as I had read good things. All I can say is, I cannot WAIT for my Radeon to come back. The Nvidia GTS 450 is dire, absolute dire. Dreadful lag. Awful. I will never buy Nvidia again.

Posted 12/09/2010 09:55 PM   
This is an incompatibility with the xfx x58i motherboard, I have a gtx460 that is doing it right now, if u remove all but one stick of ram, it will fix the problem (well no one wants to run with one stick of ram, but hey) It has to do with dual/tri channel settings. I talked with xfx, they say u can disable the hdmi audio on the card with a bios flash to make it work, but I haven't done that yet if it is even possible.
This is an incompatibility with the xfx x58i motherboard, I have a gtx460 that is doing it right now, if u remove all but one stick of ram, it will fix the problem (well no one wants to run with one stick of ram, but hey) It has to do with dual/tri channel settings. I talked with xfx, they say u can disable the hdmi audio on the card with a bios flash to make it work, but I haven't done that yet if it is even possible.

Posted 01/24/2011 04:47 AM   
[quote name='nyczducky' date='23 October 2010 - 07:38 AM' timestamp='1287790712' post='1135237']
Here are my specs:
Win 7 64 bit
6GB Corsair RAM
1TB Hard drive
Intel Core i7
XFX x58i Mobo
PNY GTS 450

[/quote]

[b]I have the winfast GTS 450 - 1G ddr5, same as the problem as you have ...
my cpu is athlon x2 255 (dual core), ...

Firstly, I though it's my cpu weak problem ... but after seeing yours( Core i7 ) ...
I think I will skip the cpu upgrade now, and search for the real reason which causes this stuttering ..[/b]
[quote name='nyczducky' date='23 October 2010 - 07:38 AM' timestamp='1287790712' post='1135237']

Here are my specs:

Win 7 64 bit

6GB Corsair RAM

1TB Hard drive

Intel Core i7

XFX x58i Mobo

PNY GTS 450

I have the winfast GTS 450 - 1G ddr5, same as the problem as you have ...

my cpu is athlon x2 255 (dual core), ...

Firstly, I though it's my cpu weak problem ... but after seeing yours( Core i7 ) ...

I think I will skip the cpu upgrade now, and search for the real reason which causes this stuttering ..

Posted 09/27/2011 07:20 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top