I wanna play my games on my second monitor!
Seriously, it is annoying that each driver version get LESS features instead of more...

So, using the newest drivers on a GeForce 8600, how I set "fullscreen" stuff to go to the second monitor, without switching primary display option? (doing that cause some evil bugs here).

My primary display is great for work, but it is mainly crap, my secondary display is there solely for video editing work, but I found out (by accident, some bug in a game caused it to go fullscreen on the second monitor), that on the second monitor games look AWESOME, even with it being blurry for text (in 1024x768 text on it look blurry, I think it is a issue with the monitor being really old), it looks actually sharper and clearer than on my crap LCD.

So, seriously, how I do it?

And as a sidenote: How I do everything else that is possible to do on old drivers? Every new driver, I notice that some random option gets removed (actually, to use two monitors in DualView mode, I had to search here in the forum until I found someone made a hack... Seriously nVidia, we need to use hacks to use standard features that you advertise?)
Seriously, it is annoying that each driver version get LESS features instead of more...

So, using the newest drivers on a GeForce 8600, how I set "fullscreen" stuff to go to the second monitor, without switching primary display option? (doing that cause some evil bugs here).

My primary display is great for work, but it is mainly crap, my secondary display is there solely for video editing work, but I found out (by accident, some bug in a game caused it to go fullscreen on the second monitor), that on the second monitor games look AWESOME, even with it being blurry for text (in 1024x768 text on it look blurry, I think it is a issue with the monitor being really old), it looks actually sharper and clearer than on my crap LCD.

And as a sidenote: How I do everything else that is possible to do on old drivers? Every new driver, I notice that some random option gets removed (actually, to use two monitors in DualView mode, I had to search here in the forum until I found someone made a hack... Seriously nVidia, we need to use hacks to use standard features that you advertise?)

Posted 10/21/2010 05:56 AM   

Posted 10/21/2010 05:56 AM   
i wouldnt be using the latest and greatest drivers on such an old graphics card if you are worried about features... the latest drivers are written for the latest graphics cards and yours is pretty old.

may i suggest you try using the CRT as your main monitor and setting it to a higher resolution that 1024x768? it sounds like it is capable of a higher resolution but you are running it in a lower resolution while in windows.
i wouldnt be using the latest and greatest drivers on such an old graphics card if you are worried about features... the latest drivers are written for the latest graphics cards and yours is pretty old.

may i suggest you try using the CRT as your main monitor and setting it to a higher resolution that 1024x768? it sounds like it is capable of a higher resolution but you are running it in a lower resolution while in windows.

_ NVLDDMKM problems_ | _ problems getting a driver for a laptop graphics card_ | _What PSU do I need?_

[quote name='The Professor' date='11 August 2011 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1313055223' post='1277858']

I think Qazax is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.

Posted 10/21/2010 08:09 AM   

_ NVLDDMKM problems_ | _ problems getting a driver for a laptop graphics card_ | _What PSU do I need?_

[quote name='The Professor' date='11 August 2011 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1313055223' post='1277858']

I think Qazax is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.

Posted 10/21/2010 08:09 AM   
Scroll To Top