My Humble Build ... i7 960 Wraith Cosmos CSX 041 / 300
  1 / 3    
Hello forums ! Hope that everyone is having a great day .
I will admit that this not a new build , but I have been playing with it , and I am lacking funds ATM bored ,
and never posted anything here , so I thought that I would post a few pics . I figured that it would be better
than posting a shopping list ... Next upgrade will be Graphics .

[b] " The Wraith is a spectrial being or a ghost , but this specific Wraith was tortured with the love of money and greed wherever this spectral roams and haunt money burns in a blue flames to torture the spectral and feeding its anger and hate towards the living . " [/b]

[url="http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=213744"]CSX Wraith Review [/url]

Specs.

Intel Core i7 960 @ 4 GHz D0 Stepping
Coolermaster V8 CPU Cooler - RR-UV8-XBU1-GP
EVGA X58 3 Way Classified Motherboard - 141-BL-E760-A1
6 GB Tri Channel Corsair Dominator PC3 12800 Memory : 8-8-8-24 1T @ 1600 MHz
EVGA GTX 295 CO-OP FTW 1792 MB , Core @ 684, Memory @ 2160 MHz , Shader @ 1476 MHz
4 x WD 80 GB Velociraptor 10 K HDD's Raid 0
WD Extreme Lighted External 250 GB HDD ( Back up and storage )
Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Titanium Pro - Toslink Optical
Logitech Z5500 505 Watt Speakers - DTS Digital Surround Sound
Coolermaster Cosmos CSX Wraith # 41 / 300 : HDD Cooling Mod , Case Fan Upgrade
NZXT Sentry LX High Fan Controller - ACC-NT-SENTRY-LX
Coolermaster UCP 1100 Watt Power Supply ; 88% Efficiency , 1320 Watt Peak
Windows 7 Ultimate Signature Edition 64 Bit ( Steve Ballmer )

[img]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/darryleshelly/072.jpg[/img]

While this particular Chassis is not the Ideal for Radical overclocking , unless liquid cooling
( there I go again , getting sucked in to this sh@t , Damn ) thinking about it ...
it is however Quiet . The Haf 932 was nice , except the noise levels of the large fans .

[img]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/darryleshelly/073.jpg[/img]

A different angle ...

[img]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/darryleshelly/074.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/darryleshelly/082.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/darryleshelly/05124947756l.jpg[/img]

I use this fan controller and select the Auto feature to monitor CPU , Graphics , HDD , and System temperatures
and control fan speeds , it works pretty well .

[img]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/darryleshelly/007.jpg[/img]

HDD Cooling Mod , I have also upgraded the case fans from the standard
1200 rpm models to the 1600 rpm models

[img]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/darryleshelly/083.jpg[/img]

The Haf 932 also has better cable management , and with the CM UCP 1100 w P/S
( Talk about tentacles everywhere ) cable management is a real challenge with this
case . I work on it a bit and then put the side cover back on , kind of like when your
car has a squeak , and is remedied by turning up the volume on the radio ... LOL
I figured since I am an Oakie ? I can get away with it . All in all ? she has been pretty
sweet so far .

I will admit that this not a new build , but I have been playing with it , and I am lacking funds ATM bored ,

and never posted anything here , so I thought that I would post a few pics . I figured that it would be better

" The Wraith is a spectrial being or a ghost , but this specific Wraith was tortured with the love of money and greed wherever this spectral roams and haunt money burns in a blue flames to torture the spectral and feeding its anger and hate towards the living . "

CSX Wraith Review

Specs.

EVGA GTX 295 CO-OP FTW 1792 MB , Core @ 684, Memory @ 2160 MHz , Shader @ 1476 MHz

While this particular Chassis is not the Ideal for Radical overclocking , unless liquid cooling

( there I go again , getting sucked in to this sh@t , Damn ) thinking about it ...

it is however Quiet . The Haf 932 was nice , except the noise levels of the large fans .

A different angle ...

I use this fan controller and select the Auto feature to monitor CPU , Graphics , HDD , and System temperatures

( Talk about tentacles everywhere ) cable management is a real challenge with this

case . I work on it a bit and then put the side cover back on , kind of like when your

car has a squeak , and is remedied by turning up the volume on the radio ... LOL

I figured since I am an Oakie ? I can get away with it . All in all ? she has been pretty

sweet so far .

Posted 10/19/2010 09:32 PM   

[b] " The Wraith is a spectrial being or a ghost , but this specific Wraith was tortured with the love of money and greed wherever this spectral roams and haunt money burns in a blue flames to torture the spectral and feeding its anger and hate towards the living . " [/b]

[url="http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=213744"]CSX Wraith Review [/url]

Specs.

[img]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/darryleshelly/072.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/darryleshelly/073.jpg[/img]

A different angle ...

[img]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/darryleshelly/074.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/darryleshelly/082.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/darryleshelly/05124947756l.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/darryleshelly/007.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/darryleshelly/083.jpg[/img]

sweet so far .

" The Wraith is a spectrial being or a ghost , but this specific Wraith was tortured with the love of money and greed wherever this spectral roams and haunt money burns in a blue flames to torture the spectral and feeding its anger and hate towards the living . "

CSX Wraith Review

Specs.

A different angle ...

sweet so far .

Posted 10/19/2010 09:32 PM   
Looks awesome, wish my computer looked like that, maybe one day.... :mellow:

Posted 10/21/2010 02:56 AM   

Posted 10/21/2010 02:56 AM   
looks good man love the case

<div align='center'>Main Rig

EVGA GTX 260 Super Clocked Core 216 SLI

MSI NF980-G65

AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition 3.2 oc'd to ~3.5

Zalman Cooler

Kingston HyperX 6GB 1600MhZ

XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog Dedicated PhysX

Coolmax 950W CUG-950B

LG Blu-Ray HD Drive

1x 1Tb WD Caviar Black

1X 500GB seagate barracuda

1X 500GB WD Caviar External

Windows XP 32 bit SP3 and 7 64bit Ultimate

ALL held inside an Antec 900</div>

Posted 10/21/2010 03:08 AM   

<div align='center'>Main Rig

EVGA GTX 260 Super Clocked Core 216 SLI

MSI NF980-G65

AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition 3.2 oc'd to ~3.5

Zalman Cooler

Kingston HyperX 6GB 1600MhZ

XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog Dedicated PhysX

Coolmax 950W CUG-950B

LG Blu-Ray HD Drive

1x 1Tb WD Caviar Black

1X 500GB seagate barracuda

1X 500GB WD Caviar External

Windows XP 32 bit SP3 and 7 64bit Ultimate

ALL held inside an Antec 900</div>

Posted 10/21/2010 03:08 AM   
Sweet paintjob

Did the case come that way or did you have someone custom paint the case?

Im gonna do a build in the coming year and gonna have a custom job done to the case I choose
(not giving any particulars yet as to what Im doing..as Im gonna leave it a surprise when I unveil it)

however my arm maybe bent on graphics ideas
Sweet paintjob

Im gonna do a build in the coming year and gonna have a custom job done to the case I choose

(not giving any particulars yet as to what Im doing..as Im gonna leave it a surprise when I unveil it)

ImageImage

Join the NVidia Forum Team - Please Help Medical Research - Folding@home

Posted 10/21/2010 04:01 AM   
Sweet paintjob

Sweet paintjob

ImageImage

Join the NVidia Forum Team - Please Help Medical Research - Folding@home

Posted 10/21/2010 04:01 AM   
[quote name='LordShoot2Kill' post='1134176' date='Oct 20 2010, 08:56 PM']Looks awesome, wish my computer looked like that, maybe one day.... :mellow:[/quote]

I am projecting that you are going to SMOKE me ....
[quote name='LordShoot2Kill' post='1134176' date='Oct 20 2010, 08:56 PM']Looks awesome, wish my computer looked like that, maybe one day.... :mellow:

Posted 10/21/2010 04:52 AM   
[quote name='LordShoot2Kill' post='1134176' date='Oct 20 2010, 08:56 PM']Looks awesome, wish my computer looked like that, maybe one day.... :mellow:[/quote]

[quote name='LordShoot2Kill' post='1134176' date='Oct 20 2010, 08:56 PM']Looks awesome, wish my computer looked like that, maybe one day.... :mellow:

Posted 10/21/2010 04:52 AM   
[quote name='Xavier Zepherios' post='1134205' date='Oct 20 2010, 10:01 PM']Sweet paintjob

however my arm maybe bent on graphics ideas[/quote]

Hey I am an ebay shopper for stuff like this it is #41 out of 300 made for $225 , and I picked it up , like my hard drives , you just have to be patient , I know alot of people doubt ebay ( I an going to get scammed ) out of 600+ transactions ? with Paypal buyer protection ? it may take a month , but you will get your money back . I had it happen once .
[quote name='Xavier Zepherios' post='1134205' date='Oct 20 2010, 10:01 PM']Sweet paintjob

Hey I am an ebay shopper for stuff like this it is #41 out of 300 made for $225 , and I picked it up , like my hard drives , you just have to be patient , I know alot of people doubt ebay ( I an going to get scammed ) out of 600+ transactions ? with Paypal buyer protection ? it may take a month , but you will get your money back . I had it happen once .

Posted 10/21/2010 05:18 AM   

however my arm maybe bent on graphics ideas[/quote]

Posted 10/21/2010 05:18 AM   
Think Ive seen you post your rig before the merge somewhere.
Think Ive seen you post your rig before the merge somewhere.

Posted 10/21/2010 03:08 PM   
  1 / 3    
Scroll To Top