260.89 Driver Issues
I'm having some annoying problems with setting up my monitors for NVIDIA Surround with these drivers. It happened for the other 260 series drivers as well. After the driver install, I tell the CP to identify my monitors and it displays this order (2-1-3) for the physical order of my monitors, so I set it to that order for Surround. After I hit apply, the monitors are still not in the right order (the far right monitor physically is set to be the "middle" monitor, etc), and when I hit identify monitors, it displays this order now (1-2-3), so then I set it to that order in Surround and only then its correctly set.

Also when I set it from Surround mode to single monitor SLI mode, the CP goes off screen, and I can't get it to show up on the desktop again unless I close it and then start it again. But if I do this, the CP seriously gets screwed up, and thinks its still in Surround mode, when its in SLI mode ("Maximize 3D Performance"). If I try to set it to SLI mode or Surround mode from then on, it doesn't get set correctly. I have to deactivate SLI and then start SLI again to get the CP to recognize what mode its in correctly.

The PhysX setter also likes going from "Auto-select" to "GTX 480 (2)" my second card, whenever I restart the computer.
I'm having some annoying problems with setting up my monitors for NVIDIA Surround with these drivers. It happened for the other 260 series drivers as well. After the driver install, I tell the CP to identify my monitors and it displays this order (2-1-3) for the physical order of my monitors, so I set it to that order for Surround. After I hit apply, the monitors are still not in the right order (the far right monitor physically is set to be the "middle" monitor, etc), and when I hit identify monitors, it displays this order now (1-2-3), so then I set it to that order in Surround and only then its correctly set.

Also when I set it from Surround mode to single monitor SLI mode, the CP goes off screen, and I can't get it to show up on the desktop again unless I close it and then start it again. But if I do this, the CP seriously gets screwed up, and thinks its still in Surround mode, when its in SLI mode ("Maximize 3D Performance"). If I try to set it to SLI mode or Surround mode from then on, it doesn't get set correctly. I have to deactivate SLI and then start SLI again to get the CP to recognize what mode its in correctly.

The PhysX setter also likes going from "Auto-select" to "GTX 480 (2)" my second card, whenever I restart the computer.

Posted 10/18/2010 04:34 PM   

Posted 10/18/2010 04:34 PM   
This driver took away my performance gain from running a one-screen desktop resolution and my games became slideshows. Rolled back my PC to the 258.96 drivers and everything is fine.
This driver took away my performance gain from running a one-screen desktop resolution and my games became slideshows. Rolled back my PC to the 258.96 drivers and everything is fine.

ASUS VG278H - i5 2500k @3.7 GHz - EVGA GeForce Titan SC Edition - 16GB Corsair Vengeance PC 1600 RAM - 500 GB WD Velociraptor - Win 7 64-bit Pro

Posted 10/18/2010 08:07 PM   

ASUS VG278H - i5 2500k @3.7 GHz - EVGA GeForce Titan SC Edition - 16GB Corsair Vengeance PC 1600 RAM - 500 GB WD Velociraptor - Win 7 64-bit Pro

Posted 10/18/2010 08:07 PM   
Uh huh. Good luck getting SLI profile support for any new games coming out between now and whenever it is they decide to fix the 3DVS performance problems that we can work around by starting in a single screen windows rez with those pre-260 drivers. Seems like we have a choice to make for a good long while before they fix this: Either forget 3DVS for many of your games due to performance problems and get the latest game support with the newer drivers or keep your 3dVS performance with workaround and get no performance support for new games that are coming out. Ughh. Explain to me why I dropped 2 large for this crap again?
Uh huh. Good luck getting SLI profile support for any new games coming out between now and whenever it is they decide to fix the 3DVS performance problems that we can work around by starting in a single screen windows rez with those pre-260 drivers. Seems like we have a choice to make for a good long while before they fix this: Either forget 3DVS for many of your games due to performance problems and get the latest game support with the newer drivers or keep your 3dVS performance with workaround and get no performance support for new games that are coming out. Ughh. Explain to me why I dropped 2 large for this crap again?

Asus P8P67 Pro | i7 2600K @ 4.6GHz | 8 GB DDR3 1866 | Nvidia GTX760 SLI | Samsung 840 500GB SSD and WD 1TB | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Acer 3 X GD235HZ - Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Posted 10/20/2010 09:10 PM   

Asus P8P67 Pro | i7 2600K @ 4.6GHz | 8 GB DDR3 1866 | Nvidia GTX760 SLI | Samsung 840 500GB SSD and WD 1TB | Corsair 1000HX | Silverstone FT02-WRI | Acer 3 X GD235HZ - Nvidia 3D Vision Surround | Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Posted 10/20/2010 09:10 PM   
Scroll To Top