GT 220 keeps crashing
  1 / 2    
Okay so my GT 220 keeps crashing. Yesterday I downloaded the drivers and then it started crashing even more often. For example every time I open a new video from Youtube Windows says that "Graphic card crashed and it was restored" or something like that. And yes I have another crashing problem also. It seems that when I use some heavier programs or play something like GTA IV or ME2, my computer crashes like big time. The screen just freezes and the sounds start making this "RATTATATAT" noise and then I have to manually shut down my comp. So I've thought that this problem is in my graphic card and I want to fix it somehow. It happens like 30 mins after I've started playing and after I restart my computer it doesn't happen for another few hours. BUT if I leave my computer alone for some hours it does it again. (!)

SO what should I do? Buy a new graphic card or something? It would be very nice to get some helpful answers! :)
Okay so my GT 220 keeps crashing. Yesterday I downloaded the drivers and then it started crashing even more often. For example every time I open a new video from Youtube Windows says that "Graphic card crashed and it was restored" or something like that. And yes I have another crashing problem also. It seems that when I use some heavier programs or play something like GTA IV or ME2, my computer crashes like big time. The screen just freezes and the sounds start making this "RATTATATAT" noise and then I have to manually shut down my comp. So I've thought that this problem is in my graphic card and I want to fix it somehow. It happens like 30 mins after I've started playing and after I restart my computer it doesn't happen for another few hours. BUT if I leave my computer alone for some hours it does it again. (!)

SO what should I do? Buy a new graphic card or something? It would be very nice to get some helpful answers! :)

Posted 10/13/2010 02:28 PM   

Posted 10/13/2010 02:28 PM   
i'm also having the same problem. i keep getting a message that the driver isn't responding, but that window's has recovered it.
then finally the screen just freezes and have to power down.

i've took a quick look around the internet, seems it could be a driver compatibility with windows 7?

thanks for any advice/suggestions.
i'm also having the same problem. i keep getting a message that the driver isn't responding, but that window's has recovered it.

i've took a quick look around the internet, seems it could be a driver compatibility with windows 7?

Posted 10/13/2010 02:45 PM   

Posted 10/13/2010 02:45 PM   
Okay so now it's getting really bad. I can't even watch any videos from the internet without crashing my graphic card. This is really starting to annoy me cause I can't do anything. Soooo please SOMEONE assist me with this one!! I think that my graphic card is ready to blow up.
Okay so now it's getting really bad. I can't even watch any videos from the internet without crashing my graphic card. This is really starting to annoy me cause I can't do anything. Soooo please SOMEONE assist me with this one!! I think that my graphic card is ready to blow up.

Posted 10/13/2010 07:12 PM   

Posted 10/13/2010 07:12 PM   
[quote name='NA!' post='1130338' date='Oct 13 2010, 09:12 PM']Okay so now it's getting really bad. I can't even watch any videos from the internet without crashing my graphic card. This is really starting to annoy me cause I can't do anything. Soooo please SOMEONE assist me with this one!! I think that my graphic card is ready to blow up.[/quote]
I also have this problem
When i`m playing game after few minutes a blue screen apears saying Physical memory down and my computer restarts
[quote name='NA!' post='1130338' date='Oct 13 2010, 09:12 PM']Okay so now it's getting really bad. I can't even watch any videos from the internet without crashing my graphic card. This is really starting to annoy me cause I can't do anything. Soooo please SOMEONE assist me with this one!! I think that my graphic card is ready to blow up.

I also have this problem

When i`m playing game after few minutes a blue screen apears saying Physical memory down and my computer restarts

Posted 10/22/2010 01:01 PM   
[quote name='NA!' post='1130338' date='Oct 13 2010, 09:12 PM']Okay so now it's getting really bad. I can't even watch any videos from the internet without crashing my graphic card. This is really starting to annoy me cause I can't do anything. Soooo please SOMEONE assist me with this one!! I think that my graphic card is ready to blow up.[/quote]
I also have this problem
[quote name='NA!' post='1130338' date='Oct 13 2010, 09:12 PM']Okay so now it's getting really bad. I can't even watch any videos from the internet without crashing my graphic card. This is really starting to annoy me cause I can't do anything. Soooo please SOMEONE assist me with this one!! I think that my graphic card is ready to blow up.

I also have this problem

Posted 10/22/2010 01:01 PM   
Glad to see others that are facing the same problem... I keep on updating the driver, now at 260.99 and it is really bad: running Windows Movie maker crashes the Video driver every other minute !
Config: Win 7 64bit, GT220. Any kind program that uses the video processor suffers from the same problem: Photoshop, moviemaker, Lightroom.
Anyone got any idea on how to fix this?
Glad to see others that are facing the same problem... I keep on updating the driver, now at 260.99 and it is really bad: running Windows Movie maker crashes the Video driver every other minute !

Config: Win 7 64bit, GT220. Any kind program that uses the video processor suffers from the same problem: Photoshop, moviemaker, Lightroom.

Posted 11/14/2010 01:04 PM   

Posted 11/14/2010 01:04 PM   
Wow I get the same thing OP< IN GTA IV (It freezes) I think it's INCOMPABILITY, driver ISSUE. I tested the GPU on 100% for an hour it didn't crash. It only crashed my GTA IV after 30 mins + and MAFIA 2 . Latest driver was lagging me and crashing often.

What I use now is : 197.45 xp = this one DOES good as FPS but still can't play GTA IV .

Nvidia should look into it it's 100% driver issue. I got few times "Plz reboot ur PC nvi4_disp.dll stopped bla bla then I also got OUT OF VIDEO MEMORY even tho gta IV used like 400 out of 1gb . Weird but the freezes is annoying. For most of the TIMES when I Saw IT FROZE = i hit fast alt tab barely managing to HIT CLOSE ON IT, but then if id play it id crash within mins' .

ps : TEMPERATURE is AL RIGHT!

IF you have gt 220 1gb ddr 2 = go buy The Saboteur :) use the driver I said above and you'll see, on maxim you won't crash (Maybe instead of TEXTURES ON VERY HIGH, use HIGH )
Wow I get the same thing OP< IN GTA IV (It freezes) I think it's INCOMPABILITY, driver ISSUE. I tested the GPU on 100% for an hour it didn't crash. It only crashed my GTA IV after 30 mins + and MAFIA 2 . Latest driver was lagging me and crashing often.

What I use now is : 197.45 xp = this one DOES good as FPS but still can't play GTA IV .

Nvidia should look into it it's 100% driver issue. I got few times "Plz reboot ur PC nvi4_disp.dll stopped bla bla then I also got OUT OF VIDEO MEMORY even tho gta IV used like 400 out of 1gb . Weird but the freezes is annoying. For most of the TIMES when I Saw IT FROZE = i hit fast alt tab barely managing to HIT CLOSE ON IT, but then if id play it id crash within mins' .

IF you have gt 220 1gb ddr 2 = go buy The Saboteur :) use the driver I said above and you'll see, on maxim you won't crash (Maybe instead of TEXTURES ON VERY HIGH, use HIGH )

Posted 11/15/2010 01:31 PM   

Posted 11/15/2010 01:31 PM   
hi there i have the same problems as you only i'm using the GT 240
it's not lagging during video's or something like that but is does crash while i'm playing fallout new vegas, several star wars games, almost every need for speed game and MMORPG's.

i have a

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual core processor 5600+
2.8 GHz, 2,00 GB

with win xp 32 bit service pack 3

i think it really is a large scale problem with the GT series
i just hope nVidia or people from the forum can get a proper solution...

i'm going to get some intelligence at my computer builder who also recommended this graphic card so you should hear from me soon.

it's not lagging during video's or something like that but is does crash while i'm playing fallout new vegas, several star wars games, almost every need for speed game and MMORPG's.

i have a

2.8 GHz, 2,00 GB

i'm going to get some intelligence at my computer builder who also recommended this graphic card so you should hear from me soon.

Posted 11/15/2010 06:25 PM   

i have a

2.8 GHz, 2,00 GB

i have a

2.8 GHz, 2,00 GB

Posted 11/15/2010 06:25 PM   
[quote name='NA!' date='13 October 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1286980111' post='1130215']
Okay so my GT 220 keeps crashing. Yesterday I downloaded the drivers and then it started crashing (...) The screen just freezes and the sounds start making this "RATTATATAT" noise and then I have to manually shut down my comp.
[/quote]

Yes, I've the same problem on Win 7 64bit. The system freezes randomly, more when watching videos or listening to the music.
I'm sure the problem is the compatibility between win 7 and gt220 drivers.
Please nvidia developers, think about us, poor users, who loose time and work for these awful freezes!
The last drivers release doesn't fix the problem.
This morning I've also experienced a blue screen.
Really, I would like to work avoiding the anxiety of an unstable card, my 3d math java apps also have viewing problems and I'm tired to save my work each and every minute...
[quote name='NA!' date='13 October 2010 - 03:28 PM' timestamp='1286980111' post='1130215']

Okay so my GT 220 keeps crashing. Yesterday I downloaded the drivers and then it started crashing (...) The screen just freezes and the sounds start making this "RATTATATAT" noise and then I have to manually shut down my comp.

Yes, I've the same problem on Win 7 64bit. The system freezes randomly, more when watching videos or listening to the music.

I'm sure the problem is the compatibility between win 7 and gt220 drivers.

Please nvidia developers, think about us, poor users, who loose time and work for these awful freezes!

The last drivers release doesn't fix the problem.

This morning I've also experienced a blue screen.

Really, I would like to work avoiding the anxiety of an unstable card, my 3d math java apps also have viewing problems and I'm tired to save my work each and every minute...

Posted 11/18/2010 02:43 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top