NvXDSync.exe ... ?!
  1 / 2    
What is this, why is it necessary, and how to disable it WITHOUT deleting the file ... ?

Nowhere any explanation to be found.

EDIT :

After disabling the Nvidia Driver helper service it was gone, but now is the ever lasting question, why is this Nvidia Driver helper service necessary ... ?
ManuelG can you shed some light on this please ?
What is this, why is it necessary, and how to disable it WITHOUT deleting the file ... ?

EDIT :

After disabling the Nvidia Driver helper service it was gone, but now is the ever lasting question, why is this Nvidia Driver helper service necessary ... ?

Posted 10/11/2010 05:24 PM   

EDIT :

EDIT :

Posted 10/11/2010 05:24 PM   
27 views and 0 replies ... great.

Posted 10/12/2010 05:56 PM   

Posted 10/12/2010 05:56 PM   
[quote name='RedruM-X' post='1129844' date='Oct 12 2010, 01:56 PM']27 views and 0 replies ... great.[/quote]

It's part of the Nvidia Driver Helper Service task. If you disable it then NvXDSync.exe won't start. Now my question is, what's the purpose of the Driver Helper Service??? /play_ball.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':playball:' />

p.s. If you disable the service that process will not start. ;)
[quote name='RedruM-X' post='1129844' date='Oct 12 2010, 01:56 PM']27 views and 0 replies ... great.

It's part of the Nvidia Driver Helper Service task. If you disable it then NvXDSync.exe won't start. Now my question is, what's the purpose of the Driver Helper Service??? /play_ball.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':playball:' />

Posted 10/12/2010 10:08 PM   
[quote name='RedruM-X' post='1129844' date='Oct 12 2010, 01:56 PM']27 views and 0 replies ... great.[/quote]

[quote name='RedruM-X' post='1129844' date='Oct 12 2010, 01:56 PM']27 views and 0 replies ... great.

Posted 10/12/2010 10:08 PM   
Is that file giving you problems?

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 10/13/2010 06:30 AM   

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 10/13/2010 06:30 AM   
[quote name='ManuelG' post='1130086' date='Oct 13 2010, 02:30 AM']Is that file giving you problems?[/quote]

For me, no but can't speak for the OP. But it is a 5-7 MB task that can be used for game memory. Btw what's it for? I also noticed the Nvidia Display Driver Service is no longer present in the list of computer management services.
[quote name='ManuelG' post='1130086' date='Oct 13 2010, 02:30 AM']Is that file giving you problems?

For me, no but can't speak for the OP. But it is a 5-7 MB task that can be used for game memory. Btw what's it for? I also noticed the Nvidia Display Driver Service is no longer present in the list of computer management services.

Posted 10/13/2010 12:36 PM   
[quote name='ManuelG' post='1130086' date='Oct 13 2010, 02:30 AM']Is that file giving you problems?[/quote]

[quote name='ManuelG' post='1130086' date='Oct 13 2010, 02:30 AM']Is that file giving you problems?

Posted 10/13/2010 12:36 PM   
Can we please get an answer? Is it a secret or something?

I paid 700$ on my GTX480 and I ASK you to give me and us an answer.

- Mike

- Mike

Posted 10/29/2010 05:53 PM   

- Mike

- Mike

Posted 10/29/2010 05:53 PM   
[quote name='RedruM-X' date='11 October 2010 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1286817859' post='1129347']After disabling the Nvidia Driver helper service it was gone, but now is the ever lasting question, why is this Nvidia Driver helper service necessary ... ?[/quote]

If I disable it I can't open the Nvidia Control Panel in either Control Panel or Program Files. I'd like to know if Nvidia Control Panel settings stay applied while the Nvsc service is disabled (Nvidia Driver Helper Service). I have had issues with this new process since they added it in the beta. In the beta whenever I tried to open the desktop context menu by right clicking, it would take forever to actually open and I couldn't open any other desktop items while it was opening. Ending the NvXDSync process would instantly fix the issue.

I'm now on newer 260.99 drivers and this still happens but seems to be fixed a little. It only happens sometimes now but when it does it only gets stuck opening the context menu for a little more than a second. Ending the process once or twice after you boot up prevents it from happening. This could just be because I'm on a ssd now and in the beta I was on a very old mechanical hard drive.
[quote name='RedruM-X' date='11 October 2010 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1286817859' post='1129347']After disabling the Nvidia Driver helper service it was gone, but now is the ever lasting question, why is this Nvidia Driver helper service necessary ... ?

If I disable it I can't open the Nvidia Control Panel in either Control Panel or Program Files. I'd like to know if Nvidia Control Panel settings stay applied while the Nvsc service is disabled (Nvidia Driver Helper Service). I have had issues with this new process since they added it in the beta. In the beta whenever I tried to open the desktop context menu by right clicking, it would take forever to actually open and I couldn't open any other desktop items while it was opening. Ending the NvXDSync process would instantly fix the issue.

I'm now on newer 260.99 drivers and this still happens but seems to be fixed a little. It only happens sometimes now but when it does it only gets stuck opening the context menu for a little more than a second. Ending the process once or twice after you boot up prevents it from happening. This could just be because I'm on a ssd now and in the beta I was on a very old mechanical hard drive.

Image Image

Posted 11/10/2010 01:24 PM   
[quote name='RedruM-X' date='11 October 2010 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1286817859' post='1129347']After disabling the Nvidia Driver helper service it was gone, but now is the ever lasting question, why is this Nvidia Driver helper service necessary ... ?[/quote]

[quote name='RedruM-X' date='11 October 2010 - 01:24 PM' timestamp='1286817859' post='1129347']After disabling the Nvidia Driver helper service it was gone, but now is the ever lasting question, why is this Nvidia Driver helper service necessary ... ?

Image Image

Posted 11/10/2010 01:24 PM   
I'm using the GeForce/ION Driver Release 265 -Version 266.58 for my [b]Nvidia 8800Gtx[/b] (768Mb) card on [b]Win7 64Bit[/b] OS. I have a [b]AMD quad cpu[/b].

My problem is that with just using WEBBROWSER like firefox/explorer the [b]NvXDSync.exe[/b] file uses in average 57% of the cpu(!!!). Not sure what activates this (Flash/streaming?), but when this happens I have to reset my computer if I want to play a game or look at a movie with vlc-player or such(!) if not the stream/game will have "a big hickup"/not function right at all...

If this won't fix soon, it will be the last time I buy Nvidia card...(at this time I would like to buy a new card with less power consumption/less noisy)
This is -SO- irritating and I can't seem to understand what generates this process to use such huge values. (And yes, I just need to have one page, a newspaper or such, for this to happen in the browser) :P

So I would really like a solution or a kind of disabling tip of this file/process.
THANKS TO ALL THAT CAN HELP!
I'm using the GeForce/ION Driver Release 265 -Version 266.58 for my Nvidia 8800Gtx (768Mb) card on Win7 64Bit OS. I have a AMD quad cpu.

My problem is that with just using WEBBROWSER like firefox/explorer the NvXDSync.exe file uses in average 57% of the cpu(!!!). Not sure what activates this (Flash/streaming?), but when this happens I have to reset my computer if I want to play a game or look at a movie with vlc-player or such(!) if not the stream/game will have "a big hickup"/not function right at all...

If this won't fix soon, it will be the last time I buy Nvidia card...(at this time I would like to buy a new card with less power consumption/less noisy)

This is -SO- irritating and I can't seem to understand what generates this process to use such huge values. (And yes, I just need to have one page, a newspaper or such, for this to happen in the browser) :P

So I would really like a solution or a kind of disabling tip of this file/process.

THANKS TO ALL THAT CAN HELP!

Posted 02/27/2011 10:55 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top