GeForce 210 with two monitors not picking up second monitor in the settings...
I have an LG monitor i have been using for a while and just got an adapter cable allowing for two monitors to be plugged into the same video card. Running on XP and the second monitor is a Dell monitor that came with the computer. I have plugged it all in and the second monitor which is a different size shows a out of proportion section of the original monitor. When I go to settings the dual monitor options that XP came with are gone and are now under control of my nividia card. I got into the nividia options and under dual display I see its not picking up the second monitor...I have tried forceing it to find even a tv but no...I have looked in my device manager and tried to add new hardware but there is no options...I have turned it off and left it on with the two monitors plugged in for a while. I tried to see if it would pick it up in safe mode but no. Don't really know how im goin to fix this but if anyone could help that would be awesome. Thx for reading.
I have an LG monitor i have been using for a while and just got an adapter cable allowing for two monitors to be plugged into the same video card. Running on XP and the second monitor is a Dell monitor that came with the computer. I have plugged it all in and the second monitor which is a different size shows a out of proportion section of the original monitor. When I go to settings the dual monitor options that XP came with are gone and are now under control of my nividia card. I got into the nividia options and under dual display I see its not picking up the second monitor...I have tried forceing it to find even a tv but no...I have looked in my device manager and tried to add new hardware but there is no options...I have turned it off and left it on with the two monitors plugged in for a while. I tried to see if it would pick it up in safe mode but no. Don't really know how im goin to fix this but if anyone could help that would be awesome. Thx for reading.

Posted 10/07/2010 08:46 AM   

Posted 10/07/2010 08:46 AM   
Welcome to the forums! :)
What kind of adapter cable did you buy? Is there no way your can try another cable? What drivers are you using?

What kind of adapter cable did you buy? Is there no way your can try another cable? What drivers are you using?

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington 1982 to 2010

Consider joining the NVIDIA USER 2 USER Forums folding team! Even letting your GPU fold 1 unit a day while you check your email and surf could be a big help. It's easy to setup, and runs in the background while your GPU isn't in use. Click here for assistance!

AMD 970 @ 4.0 * XSPC Rasa * NF980-G65 * Mushkin Blackline 1600 * 2x WD 250GB RAID 0 * Corsair 950TX

* MSI GTX 470 * EVGA GTX 470 * Antec 900

PM's for assistance/clarification are welcome.

Posted 10/09/2010 02:21 AM   

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington 1982 to 2010

Consider joining the NVIDIA USER 2 USER Forums folding team! Even letting your GPU fold 1 unit a day while you check your email and surf could be a big help. It's easy to setup, and runs in the background while your GPU isn't in use. Click here for assistance!

AMD 970 @ 4.0 * XSPC Rasa * NF980-G65 * Mushkin Blackline 1600 * 2x WD 250GB RAID 0 * Corsair 950TX

* MSI GTX 470 * EVGA GTX 470 * Antec 900

PM's for assistance/clarification are welcome.

Posted 10/09/2010 02:21 AM   
Scroll To Top