Motherboard Drivers
Ive just done a factory restore on my PC so its all back to its nice normal ways, ive gone to update my motherboard drivers, its detected an update but when trying to run the Install Shield Wizard i get the following error message:

'The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.'

To note: Ive just changed my PSU and changed my graphics card. Not sure if that will affect anything.

Is my motherboard incompatable with these drivers? If so what drivers are available? As i seem to currently be using the standard built in ones.

Novice PC user please help :D
Ive just done a factory restore on my PC so its all back to its nice normal ways, ive gone to update my motherboard drivers, its detected an update but when trying to run the Install Shield Wizard i get the following error message:

'The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.'

To note: Ive just changed my PSU and changed my graphics card. Not sure if that will affect anything.

Is my motherboard incompatable with these drivers? If so what drivers are available? As i seem to currently be using the standard built in ones.

Posted 09/19/2010 03:54 PM   

Posted 09/19/2010 03:54 PM   
[quote name='Beefers' post='1119640' date='Sep 19 2010, 11:54 AM']Ive just done a factory restore on my PC so its all back to its nice normal ways, ive gone to update my motherboard drivers, its detected an update but when trying to run the Install Shield Wizard i get the following error message:

Novice PC user please help :D[/quote]

uugh, drivers aren't kept on your hard drive...you have to install them off the manufacturers website. Running an install wizard isn't going to find anything unless you put a disc in a drive.
[quote name='Beefers' post='1119640' date='Sep 19 2010, 11:54 AM']Ive just done a factory restore on my PC so its all back to its nice normal ways, ive gone to update my motherboard drivers, its detected an update but when trying to run the Install Shield Wizard i get the following error message:

uugh, drivers aren't kept on your hard drive...you have to install them off the manufacturers website. Running an install wizard isn't going to find anything unless you put a disc in a drive.

Novice PC user please help :D[/quote]

It would have been nice to know what MAKE and MODEL of computer you have....EXAMPLE ...DELL Inspiron WM-34522

Then what Driver package you download. I would never use the NVIDIA autodetect tool, as it is not always correct.
It would have been nice to know what MAKE and MODEL of computer you have....EXAMPLE ...DELL Inspiron WM-34522

Then what Driver package you download. I would never use the NVIDIA autodetect tool, as it is not always correct.

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

""Don't f with it if it ain't broken!""
Constantly updating drivers is a good way to F'up the whole system.

If the driver has an issue, don't be a fool, remove it.

Just because you can, does not mean you should.

Posted 09/19/2010 04:56 PM   

My Opinion is no more important or right than yours. But if your using the LATEST drivers, go back to the prior set.

Piss Poor tech support blame all issues on drivers and assumes that your an idiot. Find a set that you know worked and see if the problem exists still.

Posted 09/19/2010 04:56 PM   
Please help me.
I want to install windows 7 on my motherboard Nvidia P5ND2-SLI with chipset Nforce 4 SLI intel edition. Do I need to download some extra drivers to install this operation system on RAID-5? And if I need it, where can I downlad them?
Please help me.

I want to install windows 7 on my motherboard Nvidia P5ND2-SLI with chipset Nforce 4 SLI intel edition. Do I need to download some extra drivers to install this operation system on RAID-5? And if I need it, where can I downlad them?

Posted 09/19/2010 05:20 PM   
Please help me.
Please help me.

Posted 09/19/2010 05:20 PM   
[quote name='Pelsh' post='1119691' date='Sep 19 2010, 01:20 PM']Please help me.
I want to install windows 7 on my motherboard Nvidia P5ND2-SLI with chipset Nforce 4 SLI intel edition. Do I need to download some extra drivers to install this operation system on RAID-5? And if I need it, where can I downlad them?[/quote]

1) You cannot install Windows on a motherboard. You install windows on a hard drive

2) THe P5ND2-SLI is made by ASUS, not Nvidia.

3) To install a RAID, First you need to make it by whatever means the manufacturer has set up for you to create RAIDS with. Then, you need to download RAID drivers from the manufacturers website (www.asus.com), copy them to a flash drive, turn your BIOS to RAID, install windows, and when it setting up your install, load drivers, and choose the RAID driver.

1) You cannot install Windows on a motherboard. You install windows on a hard drive

3) To install a RAID, First you need to make it by whatever means the manufacturer has set up for you to create RAIDS with. Then, you need to download RAID drivers from the manufacturers website (www.asus.com), copy them to a flash drive, turn your BIOS to RAID, install windows, and when it setting up your install, load drivers, and choose the RAID driver.
I want to install windows 7 on my motherboard Nvidia P5ND2-SLI with chipset Nforce 4 SLI intel edition. Do I need to download some extra drivers to install this operation system on RAID-5? And if I need it, where can I downlad them?[/quote]

Look for a few posts by Fernando and his driver packages.

Posted 09/20/2010 12:01 PM   

Posted 09/20/2010 12:01 PM   
Scroll To Top