GeForce 8600GT not detected
I connect my pc to the monitor using a DVI connection. Following a routine Windows Update on Wednesday night the only way I can now get my Dell pc to work is by using the VGA connection which links to the onboard graphics which are one up from useless. My GeForce 8600GT card has two DVI connectors and no VGA.

I guess the card could have stopped working but it seems quite a coincidence that this problem followed the Windows Update.

When I go into the device manager the Geforce 8600GT is not detected - should it be if it is connected to the PCI-E card but not the monitor?

Thanks for any advice.
I connect my pc to the monitor using a DVI connection. Following a routine Windows Update on Wednesday night the only way I can now get my Dell pc to work is by using the VGA connection which links to the onboard graphics which are one up from useless. My GeForce 8600GT card has two DVI connectors and no VGA.

I guess the card could have stopped working but it seems quite a coincidence that this problem followed the Windows Update.

When I go into the device manager the Geforce 8600GT is not detected - should it be if it is connected to the PCI-E card but not the monitor?

Thanks for any advice.

Posted 09/18/2010 11:56 AM   

Thanks for any advice.

Thanks for any advice.

Posted 09/18/2010 11:56 AM   
It's definitely bad if the card doesn't even show up in device manager. Use Windows System Restore to undo the Windows Update that caused the problem.
It's definitely bad if the card doesn't even show up in device manager. Use Windows System Restore to undo the Windows Update that caused the problem.

CPU: Intel Core i5-2550K @4.4GHz
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD43 (Intel Z77 chipset)
Graphics: MSI N660Ti PE 2GD5/OC (GeForce GTX 660 Ti @1019MHz)
RAM: 2 x 4GB Visipro PC3-12800 (1.5V @933MHz)
PSU: Seasonic Eco 600W SS-600BT Active PFC T3
Monitor: Asus VX239H (23" Full HD AH-IPS LED Display)

Posted 09/18/2010 12:03 PM   

CPU: Intel Core i5-2550K @4.4GHz
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD43 (Intel Z77 chipset)
Graphics: MSI N660Ti PE 2GD5/OC (GeForce GTX 660 Ti @1019MHz)
RAM: 2 x 4GB Visipro PC3-12800 (1.5V @933MHz)
PSU: Seasonic Eco 600W SS-600BT Active PFC T3
Monitor: Asus VX239H (23" Full HD AH-IPS LED Display)

Posted 09/18/2010 12:03 PM   
[quote name='Ital' post='1119177' date='Sep 18 2010, 01:03 PM']It's definitely bad if the card doesn't even show up in device manager. Use Windows System Restore to undo the Windows Update that caused the problem.[/quote]
I tried doing a restore but there was no earlier point there to restore to - which was a bit weird too.
[quote name='Ital' post='1119177' date='Sep 18 2010, 01:03 PM']It's definitely bad if the card doesn't even show up in device manager. Use Windows System Restore to undo the Windows Update that caused the problem.

I tried doing a restore but there was no earlier point there to restore to - which was a bit weird too.

Posted 09/18/2010 12:13 PM   
[quote name='Ital' post='1119177' date='Sep 18 2010, 01:03 PM']It's definitely bad if the card doesn't even show up in device manager. Use Windows System Restore to undo the Windows Update that caused the problem.[/quote]
[quote name='Ital' post='1119177' date='Sep 18 2010, 01:03 PM']It's definitely bad if the card doesn't even show up in device manager. Use Windows System Restore to undo the Windows Update that caused the problem.

Posted 09/18/2010 12:13 PM   
Scroll To Top