Official NVIDIA 3D Vision 260.63/CD 1.36 kit Feedback Thread Including 3D Vision and 3D Vision Surro
  1 / 15    
Today, we announced our latest NVIDIA 3D Vision driver version 260.63/CD 1.36 kit. This new software is the first version to be based on the R260 branch and includes a number of changes:

NVIDIA 3D Vision Release Highlights

* With Release 260 drivers, the installation process for 3D Vision has changed. Please view this [url="http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2765"]knowledgebase article[/url] for more information on the changes.
[url="http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2765"]http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia....hp?p_faqid=2765[/url]
* Fixed glasses losing sync to 3D Vision IR emitter that what would cause glasses to flicker and loss of 3D effect user experience.
* Adds NVIDIA 3D Vision streaming support for Firefox 4 and Google Chrome web browsers.
* Adds support for Sony’s 3D Sweep Panorama picture format added to NVIDIA 3D Photo Viewer (Sony digital cameras that can capture 3D Sweep Panorama pictures include NEX-5/NEX-3, Alpha a560/a580 and Cyber-shot DSC-WX5/DSC-TX9/DSC-T99 models).
* Adds support for new 3D Vision Desktop LCD monitors: BenQ X2410 and NEC F23W2A
* Adds support for new 3D Vision projectors: Sanyo PDG-DWL2500 and ViewSonic PJD6251
* Added the following 3D Vision game profiles
o Arcania Gothic 4
o Fallout: New Vegas
o FIFA 11
o Formula 1 Racing
o Final Fantasy XIV Benchmark
o Guild Wars 2
o Kane & Lynch 2 – Dog Days
o Lead and Gold
o Lego Harry Potter
o Live For Speed
o Lost Planet 2
o Moonbase Alpha
o Serious Sam HD – The Second Encounter
o Shrek Forever After
o Singularity
o Vitrua Tennis 2009
o Virtrua Tennis 3
* Update the following 3D Vision game profiles
o Drakensang: The Dark Eye – updated in-game compatibility text
o Mafia II – updated profile to properly for 3D Vision-Rating
o StarCraft II – fixed profile to properly recognize the retail game executable name and match the 3D Vision rating of “Good”
o Super Commander – fixed HUD elements
o TRINE – new profiles fixes that allow the game to be rated”3D Vision-Ready” when used with the TRINE patch v1.08 , available via Steam.

NVIDIA Surround Release Highlights

* Updated NVIDIA Surround setup wizard
o After first setup, easier way to do single feature setup by allowing users to jump to any step in the setup wizard
o Improved display connection diagrams and tooltips
o Improved arrange displays selection and ordering page
o Updated bezel correction pictures and available on each monitor gap
o Education for what in-game resolution to select (e.g. how to pick bezel corrected resolutions)
o Option to dedicate GPU for PhysX or Accessory Display
o Allows for portrait or landscape setup directly from the setup wizard
* Updated 3D Vision Surround and NVIDIA Surround game support list. Please visit the [url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-surround-technology.html"]3D Vision Surround web page[/url] for a full list of supported games.

You may download the NVIDIA 3D Vision 1.36 Vision kit from the URL below:

[url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce-3d-vision-winvista-win7-cd-1.36-beta-driver.html"]http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce-3d-vi...eta-driver.html[/url]

Please provide feedback of any problems you may encounter here. When posting a description of your issue, please keep in mind, if we are unable to reproduce your issue, we can not fix it so be as detailed as you can. Please include step by step instructions for reproducing this problem, any regression information (did this problem happen in our previous 3D Vision driver) and full system information:
Is this a 3D Vision, NVIDIA Surround or NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround issue:
What monitors are you using and how are each connected (VGA, DVI or DisplayPort):
Graphics card make and model(s):
Is your graphics card a factory overclocked graphics card:
Amount of system memory
CPU used (if overclocked, how is your CPU overclocked)
Motherboard make and model (if you own an OEM system, please instead provide the maker (ie Dell, HP, Toshiba, etc.)
If you are using a notebook, please provide the notebook make and model:
Description of the problem:
Today, we announced our latest NVIDIA 3D Vision driver version 260.63/CD 1.36 kit. This new software is the first version to be based on the R260 branch and includes a number of changes:

* With Release 260 drivers, the installation process for 3D Vision has changed. Please view this knowledgebase article for more information on the changes.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia....hp?p_faqid=2765

* Fixed glasses losing sync to 3D Vision IR emitter that what would cause glasses to flicker and loss of 3D effect user experience.

* Adds NVIDIA 3D Vision streaming support for Firefox 4 and Google Chrome web browsers.

* Adds support for Sony’s 3D Sweep Panorama picture format added to NVIDIA 3D Photo Viewer (Sony digital cameras that can capture 3D Sweep Panorama pictures include NEX-5/NEX-3, Alpha a560/a580 and Cyber-shot DSC-WX5/DSC-TX9/DSC-T99 models).

* Adds support for new 3D Vision Desktop LCD monitors: BenQ X2410 and NEC F23W2A

* Adds support for new 3D Vision projectors: Sanyo PDG-DWL2500 and ViewSonic PJD6251

o Arcania Gothic 4

o FIFA 11

o Formula 1 Racing

o Guild Wars 2

o Lead and Gold

o Lego Harry Potter

o Live For Speed

o Lost Planet 2

o Moonbase Alpha

o Shrek Forever After

o Singularity

o Vitrua Tennis 2009

o Virtrua Tennis 3

o StarCraft II – fixed profile to properly recognize the retail game executable name and match the 3D Vision rating of “Good”

o TRINE – new profiles fixes that allow the game to be rated”3D Vision-Ready” when used with the TRINE patch v1.08 , available via Steam.

o After first setup, easier way to do single feature setup by allowing users to jump to any step in the setup wizard

o Education for what in-game resolution to select (e.g. how to pick bezel corrected resolutions)

* Updated 3D Vision Surround and NVIDIA Surround game support list. Please visit the 3D Vision Surround web page for a full list of supported games.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce-3d-vi...eta-driver.html

Please provide feedback of any problems you may encounter here. When posting a description of your issue, please keep in mind, if we are unable to reproduce your issue, we can not fix it so be as detailed as you can. Please include step by step instructions for reproducing this problem, any regression information (did this problem happen in our previous 3D Vision driver) and full system information:

What monitors are you using and how are each connected (VGA, DVI or DisplayPort):

Amount of system memory

Motherboard make and model (if you own an OEM system, please instead provide the maker (ie Dell, HP, Toshiba, etc.)

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 09/14/2010 04:06 PM   

* With Release 260 drivers, the installation process for 3D Vision has changed. Please view this [url="http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2765"]knowledgebase article[/url] for more information on the changes.
[url="http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=2765"]http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia....hp?p_faqid=2765[/url]
o Arcania Gothic 4
o FIFA 11
o Formula 1 Racing
o Guild Wars 2
o Lead and Gold
o Lego Harry Potter
o Live For Speed
o Lost Planet 2
o Moonbase Alpha
o Shrek Forever After
o Singularity
o Vitrua Tennis 2009
o Virtrua Tennis 3

* Updated 3D Vision Surround and NVIDIA Surround game support list. Please visit the [url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-surround-technology.html"]3D Vision Surround web page[/url] for a full list of supported games.

[url="http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce-3d-vision-winvista-win7-cd-1.36-beta-driver.html"]http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce-3d-vi...eta-driver.html[/url]

Amount of system memory

* With Release 260 drivers, the installation process for 3D Vision has changed. Please view this knowledgebase article for more information on the changes.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia....hp?p_faqid=2765

o Arcania Gothic 4

o FIFA 11

o Formula 1 Racing

o Guild Wars 2

o Lead and Gold

o Lego Harry Potter

o Live For Speed

o Lost Planet 2

o Moonbase Alpha

o Shrek Forever After

o Singularity

o Vitrua Tennis 2009

o Virtrua Tennis 3

* Updated 3D Vision Surround and NVIDIA Surround game support list. Please visit the 3D Vision Surround web page for a full list of supported games.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce-3d-vi...eta-driver.html

Amount of system memory

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 09/14/2010 04:06 PM   
Hey Manuel...

I actually just posted in the other thread. Guess i shoulda put it in here, since it was feedback.

Is the 3dplay supposed to be workin in these beta drivers? It's not mentioned in the notes above as a feature. But it seems some cats have got it workin?

Those last drivers (we weren't supposed to have!) gave me the 3dplay logo in the control panel, but didn't provide any 3d from my plasma even tho the panel switched into 3d mode. A few peeps had the same issue.

These drivers, the 3dplay logo doesn't even come up in the control panel for me, and the key commands are greyed out. It's as if the control panel doesn't see i have a 3dvision emitter connected, as it asks me to 'upgrade to 3dplay now!'

Any ideas?

Ad

What monitors are you using and how are each connected (VGA, DVI or DisplayPort): 3dvison DVI->HDMI into Samsung 63" 3d plasma
Graphics card make and model(s): 2x480SLI
Is your graphics card a factory overclocked graphics card:standard clock
Amount of system memory 4gb
CPU used (if overclocked, how is your CPU overclocked) q6600
Motherboard make and model Asus P5ne 32 SLI
Hey Manuel...

I actually just posted in the other thread. Guess i shoulda put it in here, since it was feedback.

Is the 3dplay supposed to be workin in these beta drivers? It's not mentioned in the notes above as a feature. But it seems some cats have got it workin?

Those last drivers (we weren't supposed to have!) gave me the 3dplay logo in the control panel, but didn't provide any 3d from my plasma even tho the panel switched into 3d mode. A few peeps had the same issue.

These drivers, the 3dplay logo doesn't even come up in the control panel for me, and the key commands are greyed out. It's as if the control panel doesn't see i have a 3dvision emitter connected, as it asks me to 'upgrade to 3dplay now!'

Any ideas?

Ad

What monitors are you using and how are each connected (VGA, DVI or DisplayPort): 3dvison DVI->HDMI into Samsung 63" 3d plasma

Posted 09/14/2010 04:18 PM   
Hey Manuel...

Any ideas?

Ad

Hey Manuel...

Any ideas?

Ad

Posted 09/14/2010 04:18 PM   
Kudos to this being the first release that doesn't wipe existing 3d profiles i have setup /bunny.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':bunny:' />
Kudos to this being the first release that doesn't wipe existing 3d profiles i have setup /bunny.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':bunny:' />

Posted 09/14/2010 04:49 PM   

Posted 09/14/2010 04:49 PM   
Drivers have been working pretty good so far. My only disappointment thus far is seeing that Arcania has a "not recommended" 3D Vision profile. I was really hoping that game, along with Two Worlds 2, would be 3D Vision friendly...
Drivers have been working pretty good so far. My only disappointment thus far is seeing that Arcania has a "not recommended" 3D Vision profile. I was really hoping that game, along with Two Worlds 2, would be 3D Vision friendly...

Posted 09/14/2010 05:08 PM   

Posted 09/14/2010 05:08 PM   
Since I can't wait until tomorrow, but I see a FIFA 11 profile...can you plz tell me what's your rating for this game?? Plzzzzz!
Since I can't wait until tomorrow, but I see a FIFA 11 profile...can you plz tell me what's your rating for this game?? Plzzzzz!

Posted 09/14/2010 05:49 PM   

Posted 09/14/2010 05:49 PM   
What's wrong with you Nvidia, how can you release an incomplete driver just like that?????

I've downloaded the 1.36 drivers and realized it's a different way to install compared to older Full Driver CD's. Then I clicked on 3DVision_Autorun.exe and let the installation process follow it's course.
I realize that it installs both graphics drivers and 3Dvision drivers, which is good though, usually with the older driver FULL CD, you had to install the GFX drivers and after restarting PC, Wizard setup would appear and then finish the installation process by installing the 3D vision drivers and USB controllers.

Ok, none of this was needed, cause both drivers were installed at once with this new 1.36 drivers CD, and then after restarting I thought I would have to go through the Wizard Setup, but that didn't happened, which I thought was really weird.
Ok, so I will go through Wizard Setup manually just to see how thing going and for my surprise when I try to run it, it says I don't have a USB controller installed, so Wizard can't continue. WTF?????????????? Nvidia why you do that, releasing incomplete drivers, where the hell is the USB driver???? I thought this new driver were a new way to make drivers installation an easier process, but I didn't imagine it would be lacking the USB driver??? This is not a leacked driver, it's a released one...........

Ok, I can't go through Wizard Setup anymore, but I can see the Nvidia 3D logo and I've tested a few games and they seem to be woking fine in 3D. Therefore what's is really weird, If I try to run the Wizard setup, after I get the message that I need to have the USB controller driver installed to continue with Wizard setup , I exit the Wizard setup and all my 3D options are greyed out, like If I didn't had a 3D display. Then after a few seconds it all comes back to normal and Nvidia control panel sees my Alienware 120hz display.
So the leacking drivers were missing the USB drivers and these released ones, the same thing. What's wrong with you Nvidia?????

Ok, So I tried the 3DTV Play, despite my Nvidia control panel doesn't even show the 3DTV Play logo anymore like it showed with the former drivers and even the leacked 260.53 I had installeed before these new released drivers.

Another weird thing about these drivers, When I go to the option where you set multiple videos, my Alienware display and Plasma 3D Samsung, there's no option to extend desktop area anymore like it always had with the former drivers. Now I can only duplicate my desktop screen, no extension to desktop anymore, WTF?????? So I can only choose to duplicate muy desktop having Samsung Plasma or Alienware as primary display. I really hope this will be fixed with the newer drivers to come, I always like to extend my desktop area rather than just duplicating it.

Ok, once I choose my Samsung 3D plasma as primary display, Wizard Setup appeared for a while, I could see the HDMI 1.4 settings, and then it just went away. I guess it's the lack of the damn USB drivers.

Ok, so now all my 3D options are greyed out in Nvidia control panel once I set my Sammy 3D plasma as primary display and all I see under display type is HDMI 1.4 Bluray 3D. NO 3DTV Play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's up with you Nvidia, why don't want to oficially release this so called 3DTV play software, we spent fortunes with GFX card, 3D vision kit, mobo's, and still we must have this hard time with incomplete drivers.

Once I set Alienware as primary display again, then all my 3D options are fully working again, despite Wizard Setup that needs the lacking USB drivers.

So, do we have to wait for those new USB drivers to be released to finally try out 3DTV Play, or where can I get those USB drivers so I can finally at least make Wizard Setup work again?

Please I need answers, I'm very disapointed with these new drivers, I was better off with the leacked 260.53 drivers.
What's wrong with you Nvidia, how can you release an incomplete driver just like that?????

I've downloaded the 1.36 drivers and realized it's a different way to install compared to older Full Driver CD's. Then I clicked on 3DVision_Autorun.exe and let the installation process follow it's course.

I realize that it installs both graphics drivers and 3Dvision drivers, which is good though, usually with the older driver FULL CD, you had to install the GFX drivers and after restarting PC, Wizard setup would appear and then finish the installation process by installing the 3D vision drivers and USB controllers.

Ok, none of this was needed, cause both drivers were installed at once with this new 1.36 drivers CD, and then after restarting I thought I would have to go through the Wizard Setup, but that didn't happened, which I thought was really weird.

Ok, so I will go through Wizard Setup manually just to see how thing going and for my surprise when I try to run it, it says I don't have a USB controller installed, so Wizard can't continue. WTF?????????????? Nvidia why you do that, releasing incomplete drivers, where the hell is the USB driver???? I thought this new driver were a new way to make drivers installation an easier process, but I didn't imagine it would be lacking the USB driver??? This is not a leacked driver, it's a released one...........

Ok, I can't go through Wizard Setup anymore, but I can see the Nvidia 3D logo and I've tested a few games and they seem to be woking fine in 3D. Therefore what's is really weird, If I try to run the Wizard setup, after I get the message that I need to have the USB controller driver installed to continue with Wizard setup , I exit the Wizard setup and all my 3D options are greyed out, like If I didn't had a 3D display. Then after a few seconds it all comes back to normal and Nvidia control panel sees my Alienware 120hz display.

So the leacking drivers were missing the USB drivers and these released ones, the same thing. What's wrong with you Nvidia?????

Ok, So I tried the 3DTV Play, despite my Nvidia control panel doesn't even show the 3DTV Play logo anymore like it showed with the former drivers and even the leacked 260.53 I had installeed before these new released drivers.

Another weird thing about these drivers, When I go to the option where you set multiple videos, my Alienware display and Plasma 3D Samsung, there's no option to extend desktop area anymore like it always had with the former drivers. Now I can only duplicate my desktop screen, no extension to desktop anymore, WTF?????? So I can only choose to duplicate muy desktop having Samsung Plasma or Alienware as primary display. I really hope this will be fixed with the newer drivers to come, I always like to extend my desktop area rather than just duplicating it.

Ok, once I choose my Samsung 3D plasma as primary display, Wizard Setup appeared for a while, I could see the HDMI 1.4 settings, and then it just went away. I guess it's the lack of the damn USB drivers.

Ok, so now all my 3D options are greyed out in Nvidia control panel once I set my Sammy 3D plasma as primary display and all I see under display type is HDMI 1.4 Bluray 3D. NO 3DTV Play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's up with you Nvidia, why don't want to oficially release this so called 3DTV play software, we spent fortunes with GFX card, 3D vision kit, mobo's, and still we must have this hard time with incomplete drivers.

Once I set Alienware as primary display again, then all my 3D options are fully working again, despite Wizard Setup that needs the lacking USB drivers.

So, do we have to wait for those new USB drivers to be released to finally try out 3DTV Play, or where can I get those USB drivers so I can finally at least make Wizard Setup work again?

Please I need answers, I'm very disapointed with these new drivers, I was better off with the leacked 260.53 drivers.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bits - Core i7 2600K @ 4.5ghz - Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z68 - Geforce EVGA GTX 690 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 (2T) - Thermaltake Armor+ - SSD Intel 510 Series Sata3 256GB - HD WD Caviar Black Sata3 64mb 2TB - HD WD Caviar Black 1TB Sata3 64mb - Bose Sound System - LG H20L GGW Blu Ray/DVD/CD RW - LG GH20 DVD RAM - PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W - Samsung S27A950D 3D Vision Ready + 3D HDTV SAMSUNG PL63C7000 3DTVPLAY + ROLLERMOD CHECKERBOARD

Posted 09/14/2010 06:16 PM   

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bits - Core i7 2600K @ 4.5ghz - Asus Maximus IV Extreme Z68 - Geforce EVGA GTX 690 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 (2T) - Thermaltake Armor+ - SSD Intel 510 Series Sata3 256GB - HD WD Caviar Black Sata3 64mb 2TB - HD WD Caviar Black 1TB Sata3 64mb - Bose Sound System - LG H20L GGW Blu Ray/DVD/CD RW - LG GH20 DVD RAM - PSU Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W - Samsung S27A950D 3D Vision Ready + 3D HDTV SAMSUNG PL63C7000 3DTVPLAY + ROLLERMOD CHECKERBOARD

Posted 09/14/2010 06:16 PM   
[quote name='francomg' post='1117248' date='Sep 14 2010, 07:16 PM']What's wrong with you Nvidia, how can you release an incomplete driver just like that?????

What's up with you Nvidia, why don't want to oficially release this so called 3DTV play software, we spend fortunes with GFX card, 3D vision kit, mobo's, and still we must have this hard time with incomplete drivers.

So, do we have to wait for those new USB drivers to be released to finally try out 3DTV Play, or is where can I get those USB drivers so I can finally sat least make Wizard Setup work again.

Please I need answers, I'm very disapointed with these new drivers, I was better off with the leacked 260.53 drivers.[/quote]

Click autorun again and select install 3dvision software, that should install usb drivers.
[quote name='francomg' post='1117248' date='Sep 14 2010, 07:16 PM']What's wrong with you Nvidia, how can you release an incomplete driver just like that?????

What's up with you Nvidia, why don't want to oficially release this so called 3DTV play software, we spend fortunes with GFX card, 3D vision kit, mobo's, and still we must have this hard time with incomplete drivers.

So, do we have to wait for those new USB drivers to be released to finally try out 3DTV Play, or is where can I get those USB drivers so I can finally sat least make Wizard Setup work again.

Click autorun again and select install 3dvision software, that should install usb drivers.

Posted 09/14/2010 06:23 PM   

Please I need answers, I'm very disapointed with these new drivers, I was better off with the leacked 260.53 drivers.[/quote]

Posted 09/14/2010 06:23 PM   
Ok, I'm getting a lot more ghosting with these drivers, like BFBC2 is nearly unplayable on the lighter maps. The ghosting at either side of dark objects is very prominent to the point I think the glasses are well out of sync with my monitor, could you not provide some way of the user tweaking the sync latencies a touch as no amount of re-booting or dropping my monitors refresh rate seems to sort it?

You would need a simple light background with a dark 3d object as a test screen and some sort of slider adjustment so we can tweak the latencies a bit to lower the ghosting, it can't be that hard to implement surely?

As a 3d vision user do I have to use these CD kits to update my graphics drivers or can I use any of the normal Geforce updates from your site? I find this bit confusing, so any response would be great
Ok, I'm getting a lot more ghosting with these drivers, like BFBC2 is nearly unplayable on the lighter maps. The ghosting at either side of dark objects is very prominent to the point I think the glasses are well out of sync with my monitor, could you not provide some way of the user tweaking the sync latencies a touch as no amount of re-booting or dropping my monitors refresh rate seems to sort it?

You would need a simple light background with a dark 3d object as a test screen and some sort of slider adjustment so we can tweak the latencies a bit to lower the ghosting, it can't be that hard to implement surely?

As a 3d vision user do I have to use these CD kits to update my graphics drivers or can I use any of the normal Geforce updates from your site? I find this bit confusing, so any response would be great

Posted 09/14/2010 06:31 PM   
  1 / 15    
Scroll To Top