GTX 465 Card Not Being Recognized
I had recently purchased a new processor and graphics card, AMD Phenom II X4 955 and GTX 465 1 GB. After installing the card and processor I turned on my computer and put in the disc to install the drivers for the graphics card.

It said that there were no drivers for the specific card and only the 480, 470, and 465 were on it (but I have the 465 sooooo....)

I tried to just go to the Nvida site to install the drivers manually, and it seemed to work but then I went to check on AIDA32 and Sys Req Lab to see if it was being recognized properly.

Both said that the card being read was a 6150 SE nForce 430 instead of the card I actually bought.

Any idea on what I can do?

I don't know if it is maybe a motherboard issue, GIGABYTE GA-M61PME-S2P AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
I had recently purchased a new processor and graphics card, AMD Phenom II X4 955 and GTX 465 1 GB. After installing the card and processor I turned on my computer and put in the disc to install the drivers for the graphics card.

It said that there were no drivers for the specific card and only the 480, 470, and 465 were on it (but I have the 465 sooooo....)

I tried to just go to the Nvida site to install the drivers manually, and it seemed to work but then I went to check on AIDA32 and Sys Req Lab to see if it was being recognized properly.

Both said that the card being read was a 6150 SE nForce 430 instead of the card I actually bought.

I don't know if it is maybe a motherboard issue, GIGABYTE GA-M61PME-S2P AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Posted 09/08/2010 01:54 AM   

Posted 09/08/2010 01:54 AM   
First, make sure your monitor is plugged directly into one of the DVI or HDMI connectors on the new video card and not the VGA port on the motherboard.

Go into the BIOS and open "Advanced BIOS Features" and make sure that "Init Display First" is set to "PEG". Also make sure that "Onboard GPU" is set to "Enable if no EXT PEG". Save and exit the BIOS.

The "6150 SE nForce 430" being detected is the onboard graphics built into that chipset/motherboard.
First, make sure your monitor is plugged directly into one of the DVI or HDMI connectors on the new video card and not the VGA port on the motherboard.

Go into the BIOS and open "Advanced BIOS Features" and make sure that "Init Display First" is set to "PEG". Also make sure that "Onboard GPU" is set to "Enable if no EXT PEG". Save and exit the BIOS.

The "6150 SE nForce 430" being detected is the onboard graphics built into that chipset/motherboard.

Posted 09/08/2010 02:07 AM   

Posted 09/08/2010 02:07 AM   
[quote name='Goofball222' post='1114169' date='Sep 8 2010, 03:07 AM']First, make sure your monitor is plugged directly into one of the DVI or HDMI connectors on the new video card and not the VGA port on the motherboard.

The "6150 SE nForce 430" being detected is the onboard graphics built into that chipset/motherboard.[/quote]

Ahh, duhh, makes sense. So I put the adaptor on my cable and plugged it into the DVI slot, and now my monitor isn't even showing anything. Just a blank screen so I'm not actually able to do anything with the BIOS at the moment.

Should I try editing those settings with it in my motherboard chipset first then plugging it back into the card?
[quote name='Goofball222' post='1114169' date='Sep 8 2010, 03:07 AM']First, make sure your monitor is plugged directly into one of the DVI or HDMI connectors on the new video card and not the VGA port on the motherboard.

Ahh, duhh, makes sense. So I put the adaptor on my cable and plugged it into the DVI slot, and now my monitor isn't even showing anything. Just a blank screen so I'm not actually able to do anything with the BIOS at the moment.

Should I try editing those settings with it in my motherboard chipset first then plugging it back into the card?

Posted 09/08/2010 02:38 AM   

The "6150 SE nForce 430" being detected is the onboard graphics built into that chipset/motherboard.[/quote]

Posted 09/08/2010 02:38 AM   
[quote name='mortdivine' post='1114175' date='Sep 8 2010, 09:38 AM']Should I try editing those settings with it in my motherboard chipset first then plugging it back into the card?[/quote]

Yes, use the onboard graphics to change the BIOS settings first.
[quote name='mortdivine' post='1114175' date='Sep 8 2010, 09:38 AM']Should I try editing those settings with it in my motherboard chipset first then plugging it back into the card?

CPU: Intel Core i5-2550K @4.4GHz
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD43 (Intel Z77 chipset)
Graphics: MSI N660Ti PE 2GD5/OC (GeForce GTX 660 Ti @1019MHz)
RAM: 2 x 4GB Visipro PC3-12800 (1.5V @933MHz)
PSU: Seasonic Eco 600W SS-600BT Active PFC T3
Monitor: Asus VX239H (23" Full HD AH-IPS LED Display)

Posted 09/08/2010 03:49 AM   
[quote name='mortdivine' post='1114175' date='Sep 8 2010, 09:38 AM']Should I try editing those settings with it in my motherboard chipset first then plugging it back into the card?[/quote]

[quote name='mortdivine' post='1114175' date='Sep 8 2010, 09:38 AM']Should I try editing those settings with it in my motherboard chipset first then plugging it back into the card?

CPU: Intel Core i5-2550K @4.4GHz
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD43 (Intel Z77 chipset)
Graphics: MSI N660Ti PE 2GD5/OC (GeForce GTX 660 Ti @1019MHz)
RAM: 2 x 4GB Visipro PC3-12800 (1.5V @933MHz)
PSU: Seasonic Eco 600W SS-600BT Active PFC T3
Monitor: Asus VX239H (23" Full HD AH-IPS LED Display)

Posted 09/08/2010 03:49 AM   
Scroll To Top