GeForce G 105M - NVIDIA Display Panel extension cannot the created
Running a Sager W76TUN, with Geforce G 105M graphics chip, Windows XP SP3

I am getting this error in various instances:
The NVIDIA Display Panel extension cannot be created.
Possible reason include: Disabled graphics hardware acceleration.

This sometimes comes up on start up. Sometimes when running a Java application. Its somewhat random, but happens fairly often. It causes one particular important Java application to crash.

I've searched for info on this error and the only suggestions I can find are to uninstall completely and re-install the drivers. I have tried this a few times, used the driver wiping tool to make sure it was completely removed. Didn't fix it. Tried this with the latest drivers. No change. Played around with the hardware acceleration settings just in case and that didn't do anything.

Does anybody have any ideas on what might be causing this? It's really frustrating. Thanks.

EDIT: Forgot to put what OS I was on.

This sometimes comes up on start up. Sometimes when running a Java application. Its somewhat random, but happens fairly often. It causes one particular important Java application to crash.

I've searched for info on this error and the only suggestions I can find are to uninstall completely and re-install the drivers. I have tried this a few times, used the driver wiping tool to make sure it was completely removed. Didn't fix it. Tried this with the latest drivers. No change. Played around with the hardware acceleration settings just in case and that didn't do anything.

Does anybody have any ideas on what might be causing this? It's really frustrating. Thanks.

Posted 09/01/2010 05:59 PM   

Posted 09/01/2010 05:59 PM   
Scroll To Top