GTX 480 - High DPC Latency.
  1 / 5    
Hey.

I bought GTX 480 a month ago. Had 4870x2 before. It was overheating all the time so i decided to upgrade. With the new card came high dpc latency. If i scroll in firefox i get really high dpc latency. The faster i scroll the higher it gets. I got up to a maximum of 200.000us. But it was mostly around 50.000us. If i dont do anything and just let the computer sit it will work fine mostly and be around 50-200us. I also get the high dpc latency while playing games and the sound crackles a lot and i get bad fps.

Specs:

Asus p5q pro -> now own a p5q premium (both motherboards experience this problem). (both are p45chipset).
Zotac Geforce GTX 480.
8GB DRR 1066 Corsair Dominator. (tried with just one at a time and did a memtest they are fine).
Quad Core Q9550 @ 3.83 ghz. (i have tried resetting the bios on both motherboards and without the over clocking).
Antec 650W PSU.
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB.

Uhm i guess thats it.

What have i tried:

Updated to the 259.47 driver that fixes the DPC latency for GTX460 users.
I have tried two different motherboards.
A clean windows Vista install.
A clean windows 7 install.
A clean windows XP install.
Did a memtest and tried all my memory sticks one by one.
Tried with both a external sound device and the integrated sound device.
Disabled Speedstep anc C1e in bios.
Disabled a quite a few things under devices.
Tried all the nvidia drivers out for GTX 480.

What worked:

The only thing that works and fix this problem so far is to disable the GTX480 under devices(or uninstalling the nvidia drivers).
This of course makes the computer useless so i need another solution.
What can i do? Did i miss something? Are others experience this? I am going crazy. /confused.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':confused:' />

Thanks for all the help.
Hey.

I bought GTX 480 a month ago. Had 4870x2 before. It was overheating all the time so i decided to upgrade. With the new card came high dpc latency. If i scroll in firefox i get really high dpc latency. The faster i scroll the higher it gets. I got up to a maximum of 200.000us. But it was mostly around 50.000us. If i dont do anything and just let the computer sit it will work fine mostly and be around 50-200us. I also get the high dpc latency while playing games and the sound crackles a lot and i get bad fps.

Specs:

Asus p5q pro -> now own a p5q premium (both motherboards experience this problem). (both are p45chipset).

Zotac Geforce GTX 480.

8GB DRR 1066 Corsair Dominator. (tried with just one at a time and did a memtest they are fine).

Quad Core Q9550 @ 3.83 ghz. (i have tried resetting the bios on both motherboards and without the over clocking).

Antec 650W PSU.

Uhm i guess thats it.

What have i tried:

What worked:

The only thing that works and fix this problem so far is to disable the GTX480 under devices(or uninstalling the nvidia drivers).

What can i do? Did i miss something? Are others experience this? I am going crazy. /confused.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':confused:' />

Thanks for all the help.

Posted 08/29/2010 01:09 AM   
Hey.

Specs:

Zotac Geforce GTX 480.
Antec 650W PSU.

Uhm i guess thats it.

What have i tried:

What worked:

Thanks for all the help.
Hey.

Specs:

Zotac Geforce GTX 480.

Antec 650W PSU.

Uhm i guess thats it.

What have i tried:

What worked:

Thanks for all the help.

Posted 08/29/2010 01:09 AM   
Strange, I thought the DPC latency issue only affects GTX 460 cards. There's a new WHQL driver (259.47) that fixes the DPC latency issue for GTX 460 cards which you can get from Windows Update or here: [url="http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3686477"]http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3686477[/url]
Strange, I thought the DPC latency issue only affects GTX 460 cards. There's a new WHQL driver (259.47) that fixes the DPC latency issue for GTX 460 cards which you can get from Windows Update or here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3686477

CPU: Intel Core i5-2550K @4.4GHz
Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD43 (Intel Z77 chipset)
Graphics: MSI N660Ti PE 2GD5/OC (GeForce GTX 660 Ti @1019MHz)
RAM: 2 x 4GB Visipro PC3-12800 (1.5V @933MHz)
PSU: Seasonic Eco 600W SS-600BT Active PFC T3
Monitor: Asus VX239H (23" Full HD AH-IPS LED Display)

Posted 08/29/2010 02:56 AM   
Strange, I thought the DPC latency issue only affects GTX 460 cards. There's a new WHQL driver (259.47) that fixes the DPC latency issue for GTX 460 cards which you can get from Windows Update or here: [url="http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3686477"]http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3686477[/url]
Strange, I thought the DPC latency issue only affects GTX 460 cards. There's a new WHQL driver (259.47) that fixes the DPC latency issue for GTX 460 cards which you can get from Windows Update or here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3686477

Posted 08/29/2010 02:56 AM   
[quote name='Ital' post='1109987' date='Aug 29 2010, 02:56 AM']Strange, I thought the DPC latency issue only affects GTX 460 cards. There's a new WHQL driver (259.47) that fixes the DPC latency issue for GTX 460 cards which you can get from Windows Update or here: [url="http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3686477"]http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3686477[/url][/quote]

Yes Ital. I already have that update. Didn't help at all. Can it be a hardware related or is it only driver related? At first i thought i my GPU was malfunctioning so i returned it to place where i bought were they did some quick testing. They tried to replicate the crackling sound i get by scrolling like crazy in firefox even while running 3dmark and furmark and the nothing happened. They did have gigabyte motherboard not sure which one but it was a newer one cause the memory stick i saw was DDR3. The drivers they used where 257 something. Never thought to check the DPC back there though cause i did not now of the cause then.

More suggestions?
[quote name='Ital' post='1109987' date='Aug 29 2010, 02:56 AM']Strange, I thought the DPC latency issue only affects GTX 460 cards. There's a new WHQL driver (259.47) that fixes the DPC latency issue for GTX 460 cards which you can get from Windows Update or here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3686477

Yes Ital. I already have that update. Didn't help at all. Can it be a hardware related or is it only driver related? At first i thought i my GPU was malfunctioning so i returned it to place where i bought were they did some quick testing. They tried to replicate the crackling sound i get by scrolling like crazy in firefox even while running 3dmark and furmark and the nothing happened. They did have gigabyte motherboard not sure which one but it was a newer one cause the memory stick i saw was DDR3. The drivers they used where 257 something. Never thought to check the DPC back there though cause i did not now of the cause then.

More suggestions?

Posted 08/29/2010 10:24 AM   
[quote name='Ital' post='1109987' date='Aug 29 2010, 02:56 AM']Strange, I thought the DPC latency issue only affects GTX 460 cards. There's a new WHQL driver (259.47) that fixes the DPC latency issue for GTX 460 cards which you can get from Windows Update or here: [url="http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3686477"]http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3686477[/url][/quote]

More suggestions?
[quote name='Ital' post='1109987' date='Aug 29 2010, 02:56 AM']Strange, I thought the DPC latency issue only affects GTX 460 cards. There's a new WHQL driver (259.47) that fixes the DPC latency issue for GTX 460 cards which you can get from Windows Update or here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=3686477

More suggestions?

Posted 08/29/2010 10:24 AM   
I'm almost certain that the cause of your DPC latency issue is quite different from the one experienced by people with the GTX 460 on older chipsets. On the GTX 460, it's entirely the Nvidia drivers' fault since the latency issue keeps occurring without the user doing anything. In your case, it occurs when there's some activity (such as scrolling) which seems to indicate some sort of hardware or driver conflict. Are you using onboard audio or a separate soundcard? Maybe a conflict with the motherboard drivers, audio drivers, or IDE/SATA/RAID drivers? Maybe try setting PCI Latency in the BIOS settings to the lowest (usually 32) or the highest.
I'm almost certain that the cause of your DPC latency issue is quite different from the one experienced by people with the GTX 460 on older chipsets. On the GTX 460, it's entirely the Nvidia drivers' fault since the latency issue keeps occurring without the user doing anything. In your case, it occurs when there's some activity (such as scrolling) which seems to indicate some sort of hardware or driver conflict. Are you using onboard audio or a separate soundcard? Maybe a conflict with the motherboard drivers, audio drivers, or IDE/SATA/RAID drivers? Maybe try setting PCI Latency in the BIOS settings to the lowest (usually 32) or the highest.

Posted 08/29/2010 12:02 PM   

Posted 08/29/2010 12:02 PM   
I have tried both the onboard audio and a separate soundcard, i got the same problem with both. I have tried both with the windows generic drivers for the motherboard and those that came with the cd. i have tried to disable the ide/sata/raid stuff to. Where can i find the PCI latency in bios? I will have to check that up. :)

And btw i just updated my bios it did not work either.

EDIT: I can't find the PCI Latency in BIOS. Any suggestions?
I have tried both the onboard audio and a separate soundcard, i got the same problem with both. I have tried both with the windows generic drivers for the motherboard and those that came with the cd. i have tried to disable the ide/sata/raid stuff to. Where can i find the PCI latency in bios? I will have to check that up. :)

Posted 08/29/2010 12:12 PM   

Posted 08/29/2010 12:12 PM   
Hmm, I guess your motherboard BIOS doesn't have that setting then. How about trying the following: [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=178880"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=178880[/url]

If that doesn't work, I don't really know what else you can try. You should contact Asus and/or Gigabyte and let them know of the problem. Oh, one more thing to try although it's really a longshot: try changing the mouse. If it's a PS/2 mouse, use USB and vice versa. If it's USB, try changing the USB port it's plugged into.
Hmm, I guess your motherboard BIOS doesn't have that setting then. How about trying the following: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=178880

If that doesn't work, I don't really know what else you can try. You should contact Asus and/or Gigabyte and let them know of the problem. Oh, one more thing to try although it's really a longshot: try changing the mouse. If it's a PS/2 mouse, use USB and vice versa. If it's USB, try changing the USB port it's plugged into.

Posted 08/29/2010 01:16 PM   
Hmm, I guess your motherboard BIOS doesn't have that setting then. How about trying the following: [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=178880"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=178880[/url]

Hmm, I guess your motherboard BIOS doesn't have that setting then. How about trying the following: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=178880

Posted 08/29/2010 01:16 PM   
[quote name='Ital' post='1110123' date='Aug 29 2010, 02:16 PM']Hmm, I guess your motherboard BIOS doesn't have that setting then. How about trying the following: [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=178880"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=178880[/url]

If that doesn't work, I don't really know what else you can try. You should contact Asus and/or Gigabyte and let them know of the problem. Oh, one more thing to try although it's really a longshot: try changing the mouse. If it's a PS/2 mouse, use USB and vice versa. If it's USB, try changing the USB port it's plugged into.[/quote]

Yes indeed. I dont support that. I am trying to figure out a way to change it with rivatuner or some other program. When i tried the other suggestion you linked it was no change at all for me. I really cant understand what this problem is. If it is the motherboard it most be related to the p5q series and the GTX 4xx cause i have tried both a p5a pro and a p5q premium. This is so weird.

Anyone else got any suggestions for me? I am very frustrated at the moment as it seems like have tried every possible solution out there.
[quote name='Ital' post='1110123' date='Aug 29 2010, 02:16 PM']Hmm, I guess your motherboard BIOS doesn't have that setting then. How about trying the following: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=178880

Yes indeed. I dont support that. I am trying to figure out a way to change it with rivatuner or some other program. When i tried the other suggestion you linked it was no change at all for me. I really cant understand what this problem is. If it is the motherboard it most be related to the p5q series and the GTX 4xx cause i have tried both a p5a pro and a p5q premium. This is so weird.

Anyone else got any suggestions for me? I am very frustrated at the moment as it seems like have tried every possible solution out there.

Posted 08/29/2010 01:24 PM   
[quote name='Ital' post='1110123' date='Aug 29 2010, 02:16 PM']Hmm, I guess your motherboard BIOS doesn't have that setting then. How about trying the following: [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=178880"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=178880[/url]

If that doesn't work, I don't really know what else you can try. You should contact Asus and/or Gigabyte and let them know of the problem. Oh, one more thing to try although it's really a longshot: try changing the mouse. If it's a PS/2 mouse, use USB and vice versa. If it's USB, try changing the USB port it's plugged into.[/quote]

[quote name='Ital' post='1110123' date='Aug 29 2010, 02:16 PM']Hmm, I guess your motherboard BIOS doesn't have that setting then. How about trying the following: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=178880

Posted 08/29/2010 01:24 PM   
I still have not found a solution for this problem. Noone on Asus for seems to know the cause of this and i have tried everything i can possible think of. I want farfetched suggestions. Anything that can be remotlyse possible to cause. Can it be a bug in the drivers even though i havent heard about anyone else having these problems. I would love the hear from others using the Asus P5Q motherboard and a GTX 480.

Please help get my computer usuable again.
I still have not found a solution for this problem. Noone on Asus for seems to know the cause of this and i have tried everything i can possible think of. I want farfetched suggestions. Anything that can be remotlyse possible to cause. Can it be a bug in the drivers even though i havent heard about anyone else having these problems. I would love the hear from others using the Asus P5Q motherboard and a GTX 480.

Please help get my computer usuable again.

Posted 08/30/2010 09:29 PM   
  1 / 5    
Scroll To Top