Install PhysX [error 1714] install PhysX Error
Hey everyone...
I have bought mafia2 and trying to install it but I cant play it because I need PhysX installed.. And when I try to install PhysX I get:
error 1714 "The older version of NVIDIA PhysX cannot be removed"

and the install program want me to find a file named:
WIS1C4551A64743409391E41477CD655043_9_09_0203.MSI

But I dont have PhysX installed on my computer so I cant find that file so please if someone know how to fix this help me.
Hey everyone...

I have bought mafia2 and trying to install it but I cant play it because I need PhysX installed.. And when I try to install PhysX I get:

But I dont have PhysX installed on my computer so I cant find that file so please if someone know how to fix this help me.

Posted 08/26/2010 05:03 PM   
Hey everyone...

Hey everyone...

Posted 08/26/2010 05:03 PM   
I am actually having this problem with dragonage. Whenever I try in reinstall physX from NVIDIA's website I get the message "The currently installed version of the drivers is newer then what you are trying to install,aborting installation" {it never does abort the installation} . If I try to remove physX in the add remove progams area i get "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resourse that is unavailable". Lastly if i go all the way down through my computer to the nvidia file and find physX and try to install it from there I get the error 1714 "the older version of NVIDIA physX cannot be removed" error if anyone has any answers I would love to hear them since i have been trying to fix this for a few hours now
I am actually having this problem with dragonage. Whenever I try in reinstall physX from NVIDIA's website I get the message "The currently installed version of the drivers is newer then what you are trying to install,aborting installation" {it never does abort the installation} . If I try to remove physX in the add remove progams area i get "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resourse that is unavailable". Lastly if i go all the way down through my computer to the nvidia file and find physX and try to install it from there I get the error 1714 "the older version of NVIDIA physX cannot be removed" error if anyone has any answers I would love to hear them since i have been trying to fix this for a few hours now

Posted 09/16/2010 04:26 AM   

Posted 09/16/2010 04:26 AM   
[quote name='linkfx' post='1118087' date='Sep 15 2010, 09:26 PM']I am actually having this problem with dragonage. Whenever I try in reinstall physX from NVIDIA's website I get the message "The currently installed version of the drivers is newer then what you are trying to install,aborting installation" {it never does abort the installation} . If I try to remove physX in the add remove progams area i get "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resourse that is unavailable". Lastly if i go all the way down through my computer to the nvidia file and find physX and try to install it from there I get the error 1714 "the older version of NVIDIA physX cannot be removed" error if anyone has any answers I would love to hear them since i have been trying to fix this for a few hours now[/quote]

Try uninstalling all nVidia software from your computer using the driver sweeper software to ensure it's out of your registry, etc. Make sure that if any nVidia folders remain on the drive to manually delete them.

Once all traces of software are removed, reinstall the latest driver package from the nVidia website (which should include any required PhysX software). It shouldn't error out if there is no existing software on the box to create a conflict.
[quote name='linkfx' post='1118087' date='Sep 15 2010, 09:26 PM']I am actually having this problem with dragonage. Whenever I try in reinstall physX from NVIDIA's website I get the message "The currently installed version of the drivers is newer then what you are trying to install,aborting installation" {it never does abort the installation} . If I try to remove physX in the add remove progams area i get "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resourse that is unavailable". Lastly if i go all the way down through my computer to the nvidia file and find physX and try to install it from there I get the error 1714 "the older version of NVIDIA physX cannot be removed" error if anyone has any answers I would love to hear them since i have been trying to fix this for a few hours now

Try uninstalling all nVidia software from your computer using the driver sweeper software to ensure it's out of your registry, etc. Make sure that if any nVidia folders remain on the drive to manually delete them.

Once all traces of software are removed, reinstall the latest driver package from the nVidia website (which should include any required PhysX software). It shouldn't error out if there is no existing software on the box to create a conflict.

"Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed"

System:
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
Intel i7 3930k w/Corsair H100i
16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 DDR3
240GB Kingston SSDNow v300
2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD's in RAID 0 (games)
2TB WD Caviar HDD
Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, Socket 2011
3x EVGA GTX980 4GB Reference cooled cards in SLI
1300w EVGA SuperNova Gold+ PSU
Corsair 200R Carbide mid tower
ASUS PB287Q 28" 4k 60hz monitor

Posted 09/16/2010 05:09 PM   
[quote name='linkfx' post='1118087' date='Sep 15 2010, 09:26 PM']I am actually having this problem with dragonage. Whenever I try in reinstall physX from NVIDIA's website I get the message "The currently installed version of the drivers is newer then what you are trying to install,aborting installation" {it never does abort the installation} . If I try to remove physX in the add remove progams area i get "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resourse that is unavailable". Lastly if i go all the way down through my computer to the nvidia file and find physX and try to install it from there I get the error 1714 "the older version of NVIDIA physX cannot be removed" error if anyone has any answers I would love to hear them since i have been trying to fix this for a few hours now[/quote]

[quote name='linkfx' post='1118087' date='Sep 15 2010, 09:26 PM']I am actually having this problem with dragonage. Whenever I try in reinstall physX from NVIDIA's website I get the message "The currently installed version of the drivers is newer then what you are trying to install,aborting installation" {it never does abort the installation} . If I try to remove physX in the add remove progams area i get "the feature you are trying to use is on a network resourse that is unavailable". Lastly if i go all the way down through my computer to the nvidia file and find physX and try to install it from there I get the error 1714 "the older version of NVIDIA physX cannot be removed" error if anyone has any answers I would love to hear them since i have been trying to fix this for a few hours now

"Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed"

System:
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
Intel i7 3930k w/Corsair H100i
16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 DDR3
240GB Kingston SSDNow v300
2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD's in RAID 0 (games)
2TB WD Caviar HDD
Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, Socket 2011
3x EVGA GTX980 4GB Reference cooled cards in SLI
1300w EVGA SuperNova Gold+ PSU
Corsair 200R Carbide mid tower
ASUS PB287Q 28" 4k 60hz monitor

Posted 09/16/2010 05:09 PM   
Scroll To Top