Monitor Loses Signal After Windows Signs In
  1 / 3    
i recently finished a new build running windows 7. the computer boots fine up until just after the "starting windows" screen. then as soon as the computer attempts to log in my monitor (samsung lcd tv) loses signal. the computer is still on and running fine, but i cant see anything (my guess is that the video card is not sending the proper resolution to my monitor?).

i am able to boot up in safe mode just fine. i have tried loading the latest nvidia drivers for my GTS 250 card from safe mode but when i reboot into normal mode i get the same problem. changing the resolution from within safe mode also does not help. When i stick an old ATI video card into the PC (using the same exact cord - DVI to VGA) it boots up and the display is fine.

with the GTS 250 in, my monitor is not listed under Devices and Printers, with the ATI card in it is.

this has to be a driver issue somehow. can anyone help me out? its driving me nuts.
i recently finished a new build running windows 7. the computer boots fine up until just after the "starting windows" screen. then as soon as the computer attempts to log in my monitor (samsung lcd tv) loses signal. the computer is still on and running fine, but i cant see anything (my guess is that the video card is not sending the proper resolution to my monitor?).

i am able to boot up in safe mode just fine. i have tried loading the latest nvidia drivers for my GTS 250 card from safe mode but when i reboot into normal mode i get the same problem. changing the resolution from within safe mode also does not help. When i stick an old ATI video card into the PC (using the same exact cord - DVI to VGA) it boots up and the display is fine.

with the GTS 250 in, my monitor is not listed under Devices and Printers, with the ATI card in it is.

this has to be a driver issue somehow. can anyone help me out? its driving me nuts.

Posted 08/18/2010 09:49 PM   

Posted 08/18/2010 09:49 PM   
/bump

...anyone?
/bump

...anyone?

Posted 08/19/2010 08:13 PM   
/bump

...anyone?
/bump

...anyone?

Posted 08/19/2010 08:13 PM   
bump again
bump again

Posted 08/23/2010 09:42 PM   
bump again
bump again

Posted 08/23/2010 09:42 PM   
If the card has two DVI-ports have you tried switching which one you are using? It could be that Windows for some reason thinks the other port is connected to the monitor and doesn't send a signal after Windows boots up.
If the card has two DVI-ports have you tried switching which one you are using? It could be that Windows for some reason thinks the other port is connected to the monitor and doesn't send a signal after Windows boots up.

Posted 08/24/2010 12:40 AM   

Posted 08/24/2010 12:40 AM   
i have tried switching ports already, thanks for the suggestion though!

Posted 08/24/2010 07:26 PM   

Posted 08/24/2010 07:26 PM   
[quote name='shoxxbinoxx' post='1108321' date='Aug 24 2010, 03:26 PM']i have tried switching ports already, thanks for the suggestion though![/quote]
Try this......boot right off the bat hit the F8 key then when you see option screen put it in VGA mode, then in windows set your video setting to lower your hz rate to 60 and or what your monitor will support..........CHEERS
[quote name='shoxxbinoxx' post='1108321' date='Aug 24 2010, 03:26 PM']i have tried switching ports already, thanks for the suggestion though!

Try this......boot right off the bat hit the F8 key then when you see option screen put it in VGA mode, then in windows set your video setting to lower your hz rate to 60 and or what your monitor will support..........CHEERS

Posted 08/24/2010 07:32 PM   
[quote name='shoxxbinoxx' post='1108321' date='Aug 24 2010, 03:26 PM']i have tried switching ports already, thanks for the suggestion though![/quote]
[quote name='shoxxbinoxx' post='1108321' date='Aug 24 2010, 03:26 PM']i have tried switching ports already, thanks for the suggestion though!

Posted 08/24/2010 07:32 PM   
when i press f8 the only options i get are to boot in normal mode or safe mode

Posted 08/24/2010 07:44 PM   

Posted 08/24/2010 07:44 PM   
[quote name='shoxxbinoxx' post='1108328' date='Aug 24 2010, 03:44 PM']when i press f8 the only options i get are to boot in normal mode or safe mode[/quote]
Maybe I wasen't clear enough....Once you hit F8 a screen should come up for you to select your boot drive, once you select your boot drive then hit F8 right away, then you should get all the options including Vga mode should be seen on the screen..........CHEERS
[quote name='shoxxbinoxx' post='1108328' date='Aug 24 2010, 03:44 PM']when i press f8 the only options i get are to boot in normal mode or safe mode

Maybe I wasen't clear enough....Once you hit F8 a screen should come up for you to select your boot drive, once you select your boot drive then hit F8 right away, then you should get all the options including Vga mode should be seen on the screen..........CHEERS

Posted 08/24/2010 09:56 PM   
  1 / 3    
Scroll To Top