Connecting 8400GS DVI output to an analog TV
I have a PC with a GeForce 8400GS (bought a few months ago) and an old analog TV. I'd like to connect the TV to my PC.

The first thing that looks strange to me is the number of outputs the graphic card offers - only 2, DVI and VGA. However, looking at pictures on the web and even in the user manual, this model seems to have another output, which I guess is S-Video. Now, there's no doubt I have 8400 GS and only 2 outputs. How come the same model sometimes has 3 outputs?

Since the 2 outputs are after all a given, what I'd like to do then is connect the DVI output to my fat old TV, preferably using the S-Video input. For a few bucks I can get a couple of connectors that will bridge the DVI output to the S-Video input, but connecting wires might not be sufficient. Can the 8400GS card produce analog output? If not, what kind of converter should I be looking for?

Thanks,
Eran
I have a PC with a GeForce 8400GS (bought a few months ago) and an old analog TV. I'd like to connect the TV to my PC.

The first thing that looks strange to me is the number of outputs the graphic card offers - only 2, DVI and VGA. However, looking at pictures on the web and even in the user manual, this model seems to have another output, which I guess is S-Video. Now, there's no doubt I have 8400 GS and only 2 outputs. How come the same model sometimes has 3 outputs?

Since the 2 outputs are after all a given, what I'd like to do then is connect the DVI output to my fat old TV, preferably using the S-Video input. For a few bucks I can get a couple of connectors that will bridge the DVI output to the S-Video input, but connecting wires might not be sufficient. Can the 8400GS card produce analog output? If not, what kind of converter should I be looking for?

Thanks,

Eran

Posted 08/09/2010 08:35 PM   

Thanks,
Eran

Thanks,

Eran

Posted 08/09/2010 08:35 PM   
Each manufacturer has its own idea as what outputs to offer.

So with the card description you have made it looks like you cannot connect it to a TV.

So with the card description you have made it looks like you cannot connect it to a TV.

Posted 08/10/2010 12:54 AM   

Posted 08/10/2010 12:54 AM   
Scroll To Top