GTX460 + Asus M4N98TD EVO
  1 / 4    
Currently an annoyance. Once I installed my GTX460 every time I turn my computer on from a cold start a feature on the board called "MemOK" activates and clears all my settings in bios for the sake of a stable bootup. This did not happen with my 9800GT's installed or my GTX260 installed. To be sure of it, I removed the GTX460 and re-installed the 9800GT's, problem vanished.

So I think there may be a detection problem or conflict with the Asus board and the GTX460.

Here are the symptoms with the GTX460 installed

1: MemOK triggers every cold boot (but not on a restart)
2: MemOK clears Cmos (making it so settings I want are cleared every startup)
3: Bios responds slowly and has minor flickering.
4: If I restart, enter bios, save the settings and re-boot, all is well till I shutdown.

None of these problems are present with my other graphics cards.

Once in windows there are no problems, everything is stable, I pass Prime 95, pass Mem Test, GPU holds up to everything I throw at is, so I should have no defective parts. I've opened a ticket with Asus but also felt like I should start a thread, maybe if others are having the same or similar issues we can collectivly find a cure.
Currently an annoyance. Once I installed my GTX460 every time I turn my computer on from a cold start a feature on the board called "MemOK" activates and clears all my settings in bios for the sake of a stable bootup. This did not happen with my 9800GT's installed or my GTX260 installed. To be sure of it, I removed the GTX460 and re-installed the 9800GT's, problem vanished.

So I think there may be a detection problem or conflict with the Asus board and the GTX460.

4: If I restart, enter bios, save the settings and re-boot, all is well till I shutdown.

Once in windows there are no problems, everything is stable, I pass Prime 95, pass Mem Test, GPU holds up to everything I throw at is, so I should have no defective parts. I've opened a ticket with Asus but also felt like I should start a thread, maybe if others are having the same or similar issues we can collectivly find a cure.

Using Left over CPU coolers to keep phones cool since 2012.

Posted 08/09/2010 04:26 PM   

Posted 08/09/2010 04:26 PM   
Have you checked for a BIOS update? That may be a stupid question. :rolleyes:

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington 1982 to 2010

Consider joining the NVIDIA USER 2 USER Forums folding team! Even letting your GPU fold 1 unit a day while you check your email and surf could be a big help. It's easy to setup, and runs in the background while your GPU isn't in use. Click here for assistance!

AMD 970 @ 4.0 * XSPC Rasa * NF980-G65 * Mushkin Blackline 1600 * 2x WD 250GB RAID 0 * Corsair 950TX

* MSI GTX 470 * EVGA GTX 470 * Antec 900

PM's for assistance/clarification are welcome.

Posted 08/10/2010 07:32 AM   

Consider joining the NVIDIA USER 2 USER Forums folding team! Even letting your GPU fold 1 unit a day while you check your email and surf could be a big help. It's easy to setup, and runs in the background while your GPU isn't in use. Click here for assistance!

AMD 970 @ 4.0 * XSPC Rasa * NF980-G65 * Mushkin Blackline 1600 * 2x WD 250GB RAID 0 * Corsair 950TX

Posted 08/10/2010 07:32 AM   
Currently using the most newest bios.

Posted 08/10/2010 02:18 PM   

Posted 08/10/2010 02:18 PM   
Last thing I could think of right now is try reseating your RAM. And try different rails on your power supply. If you've tried to trouble shoot it, post what you have done.
Last thing I could think of right now is try reseating your RAM. And try different rails on your power supply. If you've tried to trouble shoot it, post what you have done.

Posted 08/10/2010 06:56 PM   

Posted 08/10/2010 06:56 PM   
The problem appears to be on the M4N98, drop the GTX460 in my M4N72 and there are no issues.
The problem appears to be on the M4N98, drop the GTX460 in my M4N72 and there are no issues.

Posted 08/11/2010 07:14 AM   

Posted 08/11/2010 07:14 AM   
Lordred, Have you checked with Asus? They may not know of the problem. I would send them a e-mail, explaining the problem, or check out their forum [url="http://vip.asus.com/forum/default.aspx?SLanguage=en-us"]Here[/url] /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' /> TJ
Lordred, Have you checked with Asus? They may not know of the problem. I would send them a e-mail, explaining the problem, or check out their forum Here /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' /> TJ

CM HAF 932 - ASUS Rampage IV Extreme- Intel i7 3930K - Mushkin Redline 16GB 2133 - Antec HCP 1200kw - Galaxy GTX 670 3 way SLI - 2 WD 1TB Black,WD 640GB Black, WD SSD 64GB - Thermaltake CLW0217 Water 2.0 Extreme - ASUS 24x - Logitech G9 - Logitech G105 - I INC 28" Monitor at 1920 X 1200 (Native) Wow Gaming is great! Speakers - Logitech 530's - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Posted by Rsabatino, techjesse you are the people's champ of overclocking

Vantage P70249ORB

Posted 08/11/2010 09:20 AM   
Lordred, Have you checked with Asus? They may not know of the problem. I would send them a e-mail, explaining the problem, or check out their forum [url="http://vip.asus.com/forum/default.aspx?SLanguage=en-us"]Here[/url] /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' /> TJ
Lordred, Have you checked with Asus? They may not know of the problem. I would send them a e-mail, explaining the problem, or check out their forum Here /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' /> TJ

CM HAF 932 - ASUS Rampage IV Extreme- Intel i7 3930K - Mushkin Redline 16GB 2133 - Antec HCP 1200kw - Galaxy GTX 670 3 way SLI - 2 WD 1TB Black,WD 640GB Black, WD SSD 64GB - Thermaltake CLW0217 Water 2.0 Extreme - ASUS 24x - Logitech G9 - Logitech G105 - I INC 28" Monitor at 1920 X 1200 (Native) Wow Gaming is great! Speakers - Logitech 530's - Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Posted by Rsabatino, techjesse you are the people's champ of overclocking

Vantage P70249ORB

Posted 08/11/2010 09:20 AM   
[quote name='techjesse' post='1102408' date='Aug 11 2010, 02:20 AM']Lordred, Have you checked with Asus? They may not know of the problem. I would send them a e-mail, explaining the problem, or check out their forum [url="http://vip.asus.com/forum/default.aspx?SLanguage=en-us"]Here[/url] /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' /> TJ[/quote]

[quote name='Lordred']I've opened a ticket with Asus but also felt like I should start a thread, maybe if others are having the same or similar issues we can collectivly find a cure./[/quote]

Edit: Asus is doing a good job at making an unhappy customer, 3 days, no response from the ticket, and I've spent a few hours on hold with them.
[quote name='techjesse' post='1102408' date='Aug 11 2010, 02:20 AM']Lordred, Have you checked with Asus? They may not know of the problem. I would send them a e-mail, explaining the problem, or check out their forum Here /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' /> TJ

Lordred said:I've opened a ticket with Asus but also felt like I should start a thread, maybe if others are having the same or similar issues we can collectivly find a cure./

Edit: Asus is doing a good job at making an unhappy customer, 3 days, no response from the ticket, and I've spent a few hours on hold with them.

Posted 08/11/2010 03:33 PM   
[quote name='techjesse' post='1102408' date='Aug 11 2010, 02:20 AM']Lordred, Have you checked with Asus? They may not know of the problem. I would send them a e-mail, explaining the problem, or check out their forum [url="http://vip.asus.com/forum/default.aspx?SLanguage=en-us"]Here[/url] /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' /> TJ[/quote]

[quote name='Lordred']I've opened a ticket with Asus but also felt like I should start a thread, maybe if others are having the same or similar issues we can collectivly find a cure./[/quote]

[quote name='techjesse' post='1102408' date='Aug 11 2010, 02:20 AM']Lordred, Have you checked with Asus? They may not know of the problem. I would send them a e-mail, explaining the problem, or check out their forum Here /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' /> TJ

Lordred said:I've opened a ticket with Asus but also felt like I should start a thread, maybe if others are having the same or similar issues we can collectivly find a cure./

Posted 08/11/2010 03:33 PM   
Just got off the phone with them, they are trying to tell me its the power supply causing MemOK to to trigger with the new card installed....

Ok, ok, they wont help me till i've ruled that out, I'll pull the PSU from Reliant, get the same result and call them back.
Just got off the phone with them, they are trying to tell me its the power supply causing MemOK to to trigger with the new card installed....

Ok, ok, they wont help me till i've ruled that out, I'll pull the PSU from Reliant, get the same result and call them back.

Posted 08/11/2010 05:39 PM   
  1 / 4    
Scroll To Top