Only standard Vga and no GTS240
Hello

I just bought a new computer

It should run smoothly, but what do i see, i only have 16mb's of graphic memory? :o

i bought a GeForce GTS 240 1GB

but in the adaptar screen, it only sais "standard VGA" detected, nothing abouth NVIDIA or GeForce.

I tried to install the latest drivers for the card, but it said it couldn't find any adaptable hardware and i cant find anything about a gfx's card in the BIOS

tnx in advance,
Hello

It should run smoothly, but what do i see, i only have 16mb's of graphic memory? :o

but in the adaptar screen, it only sais "standard VGA" detected, nothing abouth NVIDIA or GeForce.

I tried to install the latest drivers for the card, but it said it couldn't find any adaptable hardware and i cant find anything about a gfx's card in the BIOS

tnx in advance,

Posted 08/08/2010 09:54 PM   
Hello

tnx in advance,
Hello

tnx in advance,

Posted 08/08/2010 09:54 PM   
[quote name='samnaets' post='1101014' date='Aug 8 2010, 05:54 PM'][i]Hello

I just bought a new computer...[/i][/quote]
And which OS is on it?

[quote][i]...It should run smoothly, but what do i see, i only have 16mb's of graphic memory? :o

but in the adaptar screen, it only sais "standard VGA" detected, nothing abouth NVIDIA or GeForce...[/i][/quote]
This implies the Device Manager(?) but the phrase "i bought" does not separate "with the computer" from "to add to the computer". Are you replacing a card or is this the only card that has ever been installed in the system? Knowing that would help in determining possible issues or conflicts. And is there a yellow triang;e with the "VGA adapter" or not?

[quote][i]...I tried to install the latest drivers for the card, but it said it couldn't find any adaptable hardware and i cant find anything about a gfx's card in the BIOS...[/i][/quote]
What is the source of these "latest drivers"? Are they on a viedo card disk, on the computer's OS disk, or from a download?

Is there a page in your BIOS for setting things like startup/bootup video adapter or mode? Or setting whether the video is PCIe?
[quote name='samnaets' post='1101014' date='Aug 8 2010, 05:54 PM']Hello

I just bought a new computer...

And which OS is on it?

...It should run smoothly, but what do i see, i only have 16mb's of graphic memory? :o

but in the adaptar screen, it only sais "standard VGA" detected, nothing abouth NVIDIA or GeForce...

This implies the Device Manager(?) but the phrase "i bought" does not separate "with the computer" from "to add to the computer". Are you replacing a card or is this the only card that has ever been installed in the system? Knowing that would help in determining possible issues or conflicts. And is there a yellow triang;e with the "VGA adapter" or not?

...I tried to install the latest drivers for the card, but it said it couldn't find any adaptable hardware and i cant find anything about a gfx's card in the BIOS...

What is the source of these "latest drivers"? Are they on a viedo card disk, on the computer's OS disk, or from a download?

Is there a page in your BIOS for setting things like startup/bootup video adapter or mode? Or setting whether the video is PCIe?

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti SLI | PNY GTX 470 | 24 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\Temp) | 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData)| 530 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games\) | 60 GB G2 SSDs (XP Pro and Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BP40NS20 USB ODD | LG IPS236 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Plantronics GameCom 780 Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 08/08/2010 10:22 PM   
[quote name='samnaets' post='1101014' date='Aug 8 2010, 05:54 PM'][i]Hello

I just bought a new computer...[/i][/quote]
And which OS is on it?

[quote][i]...It should run smoothly, but what do i see, i only have 16mb's of graphic memory? :o

but in the adaptar screen, it only sais "standard VGA" detected, nothing abouth NVIDIA or GeForce...[/i][/quote]

[quote][i]...I tried to install the latest drivers for the card, but it said it couldn't find any adaptable hardware and i cant find anything about a gfx's card in the BIOS...[/i][/quote]

[quote name='samnaets' post='1101014' date='Aug 8 2010, 05:54 PM']Hello

I just bought a new computer...

And which OS is on it?

...It should run smoothly, but what do i see, i only have 16mb's of graphic memory? :o

but in the adaptar screen, it only sais "standard VGA" detected, nothing abouth NVIDIA or GeForce...

...I tried to install the latest drivers for the card, but it said it couldn't find any adaptable hardware and i cant find anything about a gfx's card in the BIOS...

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti SLI | PNY GTX 470 | 24 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\Temp) | 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData)| 530 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games\) | 60 GB G2 SSDs (XP Pro and Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BP40NS20 USB ODD | LG IPS236 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Plantronics GameCom 780 Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 08/08/2010 10:22 PM   
It is on Windows 7

It is a totally new computer (the Dell Studio XPS 8100) so i haven't ordered any specific parts

about the triangle for the VGA part this screenshot might help

[img]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/1322/aparaatbeheer.jpg[/img]

For the downloads, i tried the ones from the CD that came with the computer, and since they didn't work, i tried to download from NVIDIA site, where i had to select the graphics card manually, cause if i tried automatichly selecting it came up with saying there isn't any downloadable software because the driver was up to date (but i supsect it only see's the standard VGA one)

i hope this helps
It is on Windows 7

It is a totally new computer (the Dell Studio XPS 8100) so i haven't ordered any specific parts

For the downloads, i tried the ones from the CD that came with the computer, and since they didn't work, i tried to download from NVIDIA site, where i had to select the graphics card manually, cause if i tried automatichly selecting it came up with saying there isn't any downloadable software because the driver was up to date (but i supsect it only see's the standard VGA one)

i hope this helps

Posted 08/08/2010 10:37 PM   
It is on Windows 7

[img]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/1322/aparaatbeheer.jpg[/img]

i hope this helps
It is on Windows 7

i hope this helps

Posted 08/08/2010 10:37 PM   
At the bottom left corner of this page you will see a drop-down menu labeled "Moderator Options" from which you, as the thread's original author, can choose to close the thread. Please do that with this thread as all of these questions were properly addressed with your other, newer thread in the proper forum...
At the bottom left corner of this page you will see a drop-down menu labeled "Moderator Options" from which you, as the thread's original author, can choose to close the thread. Please do that with this thread as all of these questions were properly addressed with your other, newer thread in the proper forum...

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 08/08/2010 10:40 PM   

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 08/08/2010 10:40 PM   
Scroll To Top