AHCI support questions AHCI support in the Nvidia 630a chipset
Hi
Im thinking about buying a ssd with the new sandforce controller. I read that they run much better in the AHCI SATA mode. The thing is i can not find the SATA mode feature in my bios.
I have a Asus M4N68T motherboard with the Nvidia 630a chipset. Is AHCI even supported by my motherboard? If not, is there anything i can do to get AHCI support like upgrading my bios version?

Looking forward to any help I can get.

Thanks!
Hi

Im thinking about buying a ssd with the new sandforce controller. I read that they run much better in the AHCI SATA mode. The thing is i can not find the SATA mode feature in my bios.

I have a Asus M4N68T motherboard with the Nvidia 630a chipset. Is AHCI even supported by my motherboard? If not, is there anything i can do to get AHCI support like upgrading my bios version?

Thanks!

Posted 08/08/2010 05:01 PM   
Hi

Thanks!
Hi

Thanks!

Posted 08/08/2010 05:01 PM   
Your nForce chipset does not support AHCI. Also, make sure to use the MS original pciide driver and dont install any of the Nvidia SataIDE RAID drivers to be able to use TRIM.
Your nForce chipset does not support AHCI. Also, make sure to use the MS original pciide driver and dont install any of the Nvidia SataIDE RAID drivers to be able to use TRIM.

Posted 08/11/2010 12:31 PM   

Posted 08/11/2010 12:31 PM   
@ sauka:
Welcome at NVIDIA Forums!
[quote name='sauka' post='1100900' date='Aug 8 2010, 07:01 PM']I have a Asus M4N68T motherboard with the Nvidia 630a chipset. Is AHCI even supported by my motherboard?[/quote]Yes, nForce 630a chipset (=MCP67) mainboards should fully support the AHCI features.
[quote]If not, is there anything i can do to get AHCI support like upgrading my bios version?[/quote]Yes, if you don't have the option to choose the "AHCI Mode" within your current BIOS version, you should ask ASUS for an updated BIOS version with full AHCI support.
@ sauka:

[quote name='sauka' post='1100900' date='Aug 8 2010, 07:01 PM']I have a Asus M4N68T motherboard with the Nvidia 630a chipset. Is AHCI even supported by my motherboard?Yes, nForce 630a chipset (=MCP67) mainboards should fully support the AHCI features.

If not, is there anything i can do to get AHCI support like upgrading my bios version?
Yes, if you don't have the option to choose the "AHCI Mode" within your current BIOS version, you should ask ASUS for an updated BIOS version with full AHCI support.

Posted 08/11/2010 05:11 PM   
@ sauka:
[quote name='sauka' post='1100900' date='Aug 8 2010, 07:01 PM']I have a Asus M4N68T motherboard with the Nvidia 630a chipset. Is AHCI even supported by my motherboard?[/quote]Yes, nForce 630a chipset (=MCP67) mainboards should fully support the AHCI features.
[quote]If not, is there anything i can do to get AHCI support like upgrading my bios version?[/quote]Yes, if you don't have the option to choose the "AHCI Mode" within your current BIOS version, you should ask ASUS for an updated BIOS version with full AHCI support.
@ sauka:

[quote name='sauka' post='1100900' date='Aug 8 2010, 07:01 PM']I have a Asus M4N68T motherboard with the Nvidia 630a chipset. Is AHCI even supported by my motherboard?Yes, nForce 630a chipset (=MCP67) mainboards should fully support the AHCI features.

If not, is there anything i can do to get AHCI support like upgrading my bios version?
Yes, if you don't have the option to choose the "AHCI Mode" within your current BIOS version, you should ask ASUS for an updated BIOS version with full AHCI support.

Posted 08/11/2010 05:11 PM   
[quote name='Fernando' post='1102603' date='Aug 11 2010, 07:11 PM']@ sauka:
Yes, nForce 630a chipset (=MCP67) mainboards should fully support the AHCI features.
Yes, if you don't have the option to choose the "AHCI Mode" within your current BIOS version, you should ask ASUS for an updated BIOS version with full AHCI support.[/quote]

It seems like i have gotten two different answers. One guy saying that my chipset does not support AHCI and you saying it does. Which is correct? According to ASUS forums it does not support AHCI. Could you please clarify this?

[url="http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20100808205516328&board_id=1&model=M4N68T&page=1&SLanguage=en-us"]http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=201...SLanguage=en-us[/url]

Yes, nForce 630a chipset (=MCP67) mainboards should fully support the AHCI features.

It seems like i have gotten two different answers. One guy saying that my chipset does not support AHCI and you saying it does. Which is correct? According to ASUS forums it does not support AHCI. Could you please clarify this?

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=201...SLanguage=en-us

Posted 08/28/2010 12:40 PM   
Yes, if you don't have the option to choose the "AHCI Mode" within your current BIOS version, you should ask ASUS for an updated BIOS version with full AHCI support.[/quote]

[url="http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20100808205516328&board_id=1&model=M4N68T&page=1&SLanguage=en-us"]http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=201...SLanguage=en-us[/url]

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=201...SLanguage=en-us

Posted 08/28/2010 12:40 PM   
Scroll To Top