Cannot Clone Display GTX 295
Hi guys new to the forums... I have been trying to clone my display to the 52" Sony Bravia with no luck.
It says cannot save settings when I change the option from extend to clone.
I have the latest drivers I believe and running windows 7 ultimate x64 freshly installed yesterday thinking it was a problem with the o/s.

Thanks.
Hi guys new to the forums... I have been trying to clone my display to the 52" Sony Bravia with no luck.

I have the latest drivers I believe and running windows 7 ultimate x64 freshly installed yesterday thinking it was a problem with the o/s.

Thanks.

Posted 08/07/2010 03:44 AM   

Thanks.

Thanks.

Posted 08/07/2010 03:44 AM   
[quote name='Balanced' date='07 August 2010 - 03:44 AM' timestamp='1281152690' post='1100256']

Thanks.
[/quote]

I have same problem with my GTX 295. I'm using Win 7. My monitor is connected from dvi and my hdtv is from hdmi. I can extend the display to tv but no clone option appears. When I try to clone it from windows desktop settings it sais "Can't save settings".
I think it's about gtx 295's multi gpus. This is a serious problem and no solution has been out there as I see....

Nvidia guys, fix this bug now!!
[quote name='Balanced' date='07 August 2010 - 03:44 AM' timestamp='1281152690' post='1100256']

Thanks.

I have same problem with my GTX 295. I'm using Win 7. My monitor is connected from dvi and my hdtv is from hdmi. I can extend the display to tv but no clone option appears. When I try to clone it from windows desktop settings it sais "Can't save settings".

I think it's about gtx 295's multi gpus. This is a serious problem and no solution has been out there as I see....

Nvidia guys, fix this bug now!!

Posted 02/13/2012 02:50 PM   
if you disable multigpu, can you then clone?

Posted 02/15/2012 07:28 AM   
[quote name='avioni' date='15 February 2012 - 07:28 AM' timestamp='1329290924' post='1369674']
[/quote]

I tried that, still doesn't work..
[quote name='avioni' date='15 February 2012 - 07:28 AM' timestamp='1329290924' post='1369674']

I tried that, still doesn't work..

Posted 02/15/2012 09:15 AM   
I'm having a similar problem, with the exception that I can't even extend the monitor.

SETUP:
I have a gt295 (latest driver 295.51) and two monitors:
- samsung syncmaster 2233rz - connected DVI to DVI
- panasonic tv: txl37dt35de - connected HDMI to HDMI

I had not a problem with the samsung since yesterday, when I purchased the panasonic and connected it via the gt295 hdmi port.

Doing so I was perfectly able to switch between a monitor to the other.

PROBLEM:
Then I tried to extend the desktop.

What happened is that for a couple of seconds it seemed to work wonderfully but after that the monitor started to turn black and switching between one and the other until windows reverted back to the previous configuration (since the 15 seconds elapsed and I didn't confirm anything since I couldn't see anything).

From that moment on the samsung is dead! I can only see the booting process from it but after windows loads I only see images from the panasonic.

If I ask windows to show images ONLY on the samsung, it changes resolution and shows me images on the panasonic pretending to say that it is the samsung!!!

I am pretty sure this is the 295 driver fault because if I open the nvidia control panel and check the resolution box it says that the samsung is connected via hdmi and not dvi as in fact it is, so, switching monitor it still sends the signal to the hdmi. This also if the HDMI cable is not connected! I can't see anything through the samsung!

If I extend or clone I get a message telling me that it can't save the configuration...

WORKAROUND:
Actually... none.
The only thing I was able to do is to reverse to the initial configuration in which I was able to choose one monitor or the other by doing a clean reinstall of the nvidia 295 driver (by choosing a personalized installation and selecting the clean installation checkbox).
Then avoid to extend the desktop...

I hope this info can help someone finding a solution.
In case please let me know!! :)
(and ask me if you need any information or have any suggestion).

Thanks
I'm having a similar problem, with the exception that I can't even extend the monitor.

SETUP:

I have a gt295 (latest driver 295.51) and two monitors:

- samsung syncmaster 2233rz - connected DVI to DVI

- panasonic tv: txl37dt35de - connected HDMI to HDMI

I had not a problem with the samsung since yesterday, when I purchased the panasonic and connected it via the gt295 hdmi port.

Doing so I was perfectly able to switch between a monitor to the other.

PROBLEM:

Then I tried to extend the desktop.

What happened is that for a couple of seconds it seemed to work wonderfully but after that the monitor started to turn black and switching between one and the other until windows reverted back to the previous configuration (since the 15 seconds elapsed and I didn't confirm anything since I couldn't see anything).

From that moment on the samsung is dead! I can only see the booting process from it but after windows loads I only see images from the panasonic.

If I ask windows to show images ONLY on the samsung, it changes resolution and shows me images on the panasonic pretending to say that it is the samsung!!!

I am pretty sure this is the 295 driver fault because if I open the nvidia control panel and check the resolution box it says that the samsung is connected via hdmi and not dvi as in fact it is, so, switching monitor it still sends the signal to the hdmi. This also if the HDMI cable is not connected! I can't see anything through the samsung!

If I extend or clone I get a message telling me that it can't save the configuration...

WORKAROUND:

Actually... none.

The only thing I was able to do is to reverse to the initial configuration in which I was able to choose one monitor or the other by doing a clean reinstall of the nvidia 295 driver (by choosing a personalized installation and selecting the clean installation checkbox).

Then avoid to extend the desktop...

I hope this info can help someone finding a solution.

In case please let me know!! :)

(and ask me if you need any information or have any suggestion).

Thanks

Posted 02/19/2012 03:44 PM   
Sorry to bother again but I kinda found an additional important detail and a kind of workaround for my case.

What I did is enabling the extended desktop via the nvidia control panel and it worked. But it worked because it left the Panasonic as a primary monitor.

In fact if I change primary monitor to the samsung, I get the exact same problem! When I did the same thing via the windows control panel it automatically swithced the samsung as primary, that's why I always got the problem.

So, it seems that the 295 is unable to use both monitors if the dvi monitor is primary.
Sorry to bother again but I kinda found an additional important detail and a kind of workaround for my case.

What I did is enabling the extended desktop via the nvidia control panel and it worked. But it worked because it left the Panasonic as a primary monitor.

In fact if I change primary monitor to the samsung, I get the exact same problem! When I did the same thing via the windows control panel it automatically swithced the samsung as primary, that's why I always got the problem.

So, it seems that the 295 is unable to use both monitors if the dvi monitor is primary.

Posted 02/19/2012 04:00 PM   
I've got a similar problem - please help!!

With the gtx295 graphic card I tried to connect two monitors this way:

Samsung 23": HDMI-HDMI
Benq 24": DVI-DVI

When the PC boots the Benq (DVI) works, once windows 7 starts, the Benq (DVI) turns off and says no signal, while the Samsung (HDMI) turns on.

Trying to connect both monitors in Windows 7 (which sees both monitors), it says I can't save the option of duplication or extention. The same works for the Nvidia program - it sees both monitors, but the Benq (DVI) I can't activate, while the Samsung (HDMI) is activated.

Can anybody please help what to do with this? I tried what I could but I don't know what to do to make it function... Thanks!
I've got a similar problem - please help!!

With the gtx295 graphic card I tried to connect two monitors this way:

Samsung 23": HDMI-HDMI

Benq 24": DVI-DVI

When the PC boots the Benq (DVI) works, once windows 7 starts, the Benq (DVI) turns off and says no signal, while the Samsung (HDMI) turns on.

Trying to connect both monitors in Windows 7 (which sees both monitors), it says I can't save the option of duplication or extention. The same works for the Nvidia program - it sees both monitors, but the Benq (DVI) I can't activate, while the Samsung (HDMI) is activated.

Can anybody please help what to do with this? I tried what I could but I don't know what to do to make it function... Thanks!

Posted 04/26/2012 06:37 AM   
Ok, I finally figured it out - just completely uninstalled the drivers and then installed them again, so it works - it isn't enough to just actualizate them... If anybody would have a similar problem, just try it; should work...
Ok, I finally figured it out - just completely uninstalled the drivers and then installed them again, so it works - it isn't enough to just actualizate them... If anybody would have a similar problem, just try it; should work...

Posted 04/27/2012 11:45 AM   
"actualizate"? :)
Are u guys running into issues because of resolution issues?
"actualizate"? :)

Are u guys running into issues because of resolution issues?

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2Ghz // Asus M4n98TD EVO BIOS ver. 1101 // 16GB DDR3 (4x4GB) @ 1333mhz // 500GB+250GB+120GB hard drives // GTX 460 786MB // PC Power n Cooling MKII Silencer 950W power supply // Antec 300 case // 19" westinghouse 1440x900 + lcd 19" 1280x1024 // win7 home prem sp1 64bit
Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. - Proverbs 4:7
http://www.truthaboutdeath.com/
http://www.sabbathtruth.com/

Posted 04/27/2012 05:22 PM   
Scroll To Top