GeForce GT 335M M11x
My Alienware M11x Nvidia GeForce GT 335M is unable to update. my current version for it is 189.69. I've tried updating the driver from device manager, I've tried dell drivers support, and i have also tried Nvidia's driver download. Both the device manager update and dell drivers support says that my drivers are up to date. However, Nvidia's driver installation says that it is unable to find drivers compatible to my computer. I got my Starcraft 2 and I cant even run this game anything above low settings. Any ideas why i cant update my my video card? and any ideas how i can update it? By the way, the version date says 4/7/2010...
My Alienware M11x Nvidia GeForce GT 335M is unable to update. my current version for it is 189.69. I've tried updating the driver from device manager, I've tried dell drivers support, and i have also tried Nvidia's driver download. Both the device manager update and dell drivers support says that my drivers are up to date. However, Nvidia's driver installation says that it is unable to find drivers compatible to my computer. I got my Starcraft 2 and I cant even run this game anything above low settings. Any ideas why i cant update my my video card? and any ideas how i can update it? By the way, the version date says 4/7/2010...

Posted 08/04/2010 04:19 AM   
Make sure when you check for drivers that use select the mobile versions.
Make sure when you check for drivers that use select the mobile versions.

Posted 08/04/2010 04:50 AM   
send jimbonbon a message, he has that laptop.
send jimbonbon a message, he has that laptop.

_ NVLDDMKM problems_ | _ problems getting a driver for a laptop graphics card_ | _What PSU do I need?_

[quote name='The Professor' date='11 August 2011 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1313055223' post='1277858']

I think Qazax is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.

Posted 08/04/2010 10:01 AM   
Mine does the same thing I can't update the drilvers from the dell website nor can I use the ones on geforce's website. I called alienware and they told me to try reinstalling the OS then try putting the drivers on then. Well I'm going to try that when my back up drive comes in. I'll tell you how it goes.
Mine does the same thing I can't update the drilvers from the dell website nor can I use the ones on geforce's website. I called alienware and they told me to try reinstalling the OS then try putting the drivers on then. Well I'm going to try that when my back up drive comes in. I'll tell you how it goes.

Posted 08/04/2010 03:44 PM   
[quote name='jokuel' post='1098909' date='Aug 4 2010, 11:44 AM']Mine does the same thing I can't update the drilvers from the dell website nor can I use the ones on geforce's website. I called alienware and they told me to try reinstalling the OS then try putting the drivers on then. Well I'm going to try that when my back up drive comes in. I'll tell you how it goes.[/quote]
I fixed the problem =] the problem was i wasnt downloading the driver update from dell.com because i was using safari. I downloaded firefox and downloaded the file and updated it my nvidia driver. Sorry guys it was my mistake. Maybe try using firefox to download the driver from dell.com and download check the second option for the download when it asks you something about internet explorer and firefox.
[quote name='jokuel' post='1098909' date='Aug 4 2010, 11:44 AM']Mine does the same thing I can't update the drilvers from the dell website nor can I use the ones on geforce's website. I called alienware and they told me to try reinstalling the OS then try putting the drivers on then. Well I'm going to try that when my back up drive comes in. I'll tell you how it goes.

I fixed the problem =] the problem was i wasnt downloading the driver update from dell.com because i was using safari. I downloaded firefox and downloaded the file and updated it my nvidia driver. Sorry guys it was my mistake. Maybe try using firefox to download the driver from dell.com and download check the second option for the download when it asks you something about internet explorer and firefox.

Posted 08/05/2010 02:26 AM   
[quote name='Lyrics' date='04 August 2010 - 08:26 PM' timestamp='1280975195' post='1099205']
[/quote]

Hey guys, I recently ran into some issues with the M11x R1 and the GeForce 335m as well.

It turns out you can fix these problems and install the official NVIDIA drivers by disabling the Switchable Graphics from the m11x BIOS settings. Please refer to the following blog post for more information: [url="http://philwinkel.com/blog/?p=36"]http://philwinkel.com/blog/?p=36[/url]

If you have any questions, please post a comment on my blog. I've noticed a lot of people have had this problem, and I'm just making my rounds trying to help everyone out. I wont be monitoring this thread. Good luck!
[quote name='Lyrics' date='04 August 2010 - 08:26 PM' timestamp='1280975195' post='1099205']

Hey guys, I recently ran into some issues with the M11x R1 and the GeForce 335m as well.

It turns out you can fix these problems and install the official NVIDIA drivers by disabling the Switchable Graphics from the m11x BIOS settings. Please refer to the following blog post for more information: http://philwinkel.com/blog/?p=36

If you have any questions, please post a comment on my blog. I've noticed a lot of people have had this problem, and I'm just making my rounds trying to help everyone out. I wont be monitoring this thread. Good luck!

Posted 04/14/2011 10:51 PM   
Scroll To Top