Gtx 460 freezing crashing
  1 / 52    
Hi, I am having problem with the drivers. I installed from cd and also from the website. Both give me problems after reboot or after sleep mode. Sometimes it randomly freezes during normal browsing as well. I am currently without any drivers and it works fine, but looks like crap.

Can someone suggest any programs or anything to help me out?

I have tried driver cleaner and still doesn't work.
Also read a lot of others having the same problem.
Thanks

Intel Core i7-875K Lynnfield 2.93GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Unlocked
G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
GIGABYTE GV-N460D5-768I-B GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 768MB
ASUS P7P55D Deluxe LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard
Rosewill Xtreme Series RX950-D-B 950W
Rosewill DESTROYER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
Hi, I am having problem with the drivers. I installed from cd and also from the website. Both give me problems after reboot or after sleep mode. Sometimes it randomly freezes during normal browsing as well. I am currently without any drivers and it works fine, but looks like crap.

Can someone suggest any programs or anything to help me out?

I have tried driver cleaner and still doesn't work.

Also read a lot of others having the same problem.

Thanks

Intel Core i7-875K Lynnfield 2.93GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Unlocked

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

GIGABYTE GV-N460D5-768I-B GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 768MB

ASUS P7P55D Deluxe LGA 1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard

Rosewill Xtreme Series RX950-D-B 950W

Rosewill DESTROYER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Posted 08/04/2010 03:28 AM   
[url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=169555&hl="]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=169555&hl=[/url]

Posted 08/04/2010 07:51 AM   
[quote name='cyronn' post='1098712' date='Aug 4 2010, 03:51 AM'][url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=169555&hl="]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=169555&hl=[/url][/quote]

So I followed the steps in the link u sent me. But I still have the same problem.... I don't get it.. Even without the drivers it now seems like my pc freezes while I'm browsing. Everything seems to be compatible and the CPU is at Max 40celcius... Pc freezes then I need to do a power restart. If someone is having the same problem or resolved their issues. Please share.

Thanks in advance
[quote name='cyronn' post='1098712' date='Aug 4 2010, 03:51 AM']http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=169555&hl=

So I followed the steps in the link u sent me. But I still have the same problem.... I don't get it.. Even without the drivers it now seems like my pc freezes while I'm browsing. Everything seems to be compatible and the CPU is at Max 40celcius... Pc freezes then I need to do a power restart. If someone is having the same problem or resolved their issues. Please share.

Thanks in advance

Posted 08/05/2010 04:45 AM   
[quote name='kpstunna85' post='1099248' date='Aug 5 2010, 05:45 AM']Pc freezes then I need to do a power restart. If someone is having the same problem or resolved their issues. Please share.

Thanks in advance[/quote]

+ 1

The card ran fine for 2 days.. earlier today my PC froze, then froze again, then froze in safe mode and it just kept getting worse.
Had to power start every single time, no errors or anything, just a total freeze.

So i swapped the 460 with my dying 8800 GTX, now the PC is running stable.. looks like i'll be returning the 460 tomorrow, if it was a driver issue the PC wouldnt freeze in safe mode..

P5B-E
C2D E6600
4 GB XMS2
Corsair HX 620W
Vista 32b
Gainward GTX 460 768.

Found some other guy [url="http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/291704-13-failing-already"]http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/291704...failing-already[/url]

Its a F'd up problem to troubleshoot if you dont have a spare card.
[quote name='kpstunna85' post='1099248' date='Aug 5 2010, 05:45 AM']Pc freezes then I need to do a power restart. If someone is having the same problem or resolved their issues. Please share.

Thanks in advance

+ 1

The card ran fine for 2 days.. earlier today my PC froze, then froze again, then froze in safe mode and it just kept getting worse.

Had to power start every single time, no errors or anything, just a total freeze.

So i swapped the 460 with my dying 8800 GTX, now the PC is running stable.. looks like i'll be returning the 460 tomorrow, if it was a driver issue the PC wouldnt freeze in safe mode..

P5B-E

C2D E6600

4 GB XMS2

Corsair HX 620W

Vista 32b

Gainward GTX 460 768.

Found some other guy http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/291704...failing-already

Its a F'd up problem to troubleshoot if you dont have a spare card.

Posted 08/06/2010 01:14 AM   
It's a shame to see so many ppl facing this issues with the 400 series gfx card.

Are you using Win7 64bit as well ?

I'm currently advising most of my gamer community to stop purchase on 400 series till this issues sorted out. This card is not cheap, costs a lot
from where I stay. So far 8 out of 10 gamers I know are facing the same issues, the other 2 were using WinXP and they are running fine on it.
It's a shame to see so many ppl facing this issues with the 400 series gfx card.

I'm currently advising most of my gamer community to stop purchase on 400 series till this issues sorted out. This card is not cheap, costs a lot

from where I stay. So far 8 out of 10 gamers I know are facing the same issues, the other 2 were using WinXP and they are running fine on it.

Posted 08/07/2010 03:01 AM   

Posted 08/07/2010 03:01 AM   
[quote name='Xtrada' post='1100245' date='Aug 7 2010, 04:01 AM']It's a shame to see so many ppl facing this issues with the 400 series gfx card.

from where I stay. So far 8 out of 10 gamers I know are facing the same issues, the other 2 were using WinXP and they are running fine on it.[/quote]

Im on Vista x86.. anyway i replaced the card (diferent brand) and so far im good and stable.
[quote name='Xtrada' post='1100245' date='Aug 7 2010, 04:01 AM']It's a shame to see so many ppl facing this issues with the 400 series gfx card.

Im on Vista x86.. anyway i replaced the card (diferent brand) and so far im good and stable.

Posted 08/07/2010 05:37 AM   

from where I stay. So far 8 out of 10 gamers I know are facing the same issues, the other 2 were using WinXP and they are running fine on it.[/quote]

Posted 08/07/2010 05:37 AM   
Hi,

I recently purchased the GTX 460 1Gb and have installed the latest drivers (258.96). At first it seems to run like a dream, ran the benchamark in Batman: Arkham Asylum and got an average of 55fps. That game plays awesome, however if I run Battlefield Bad Company 2 then between 2 and 30 mins into the game the graphics on the screen rip to shreds (very trippy graphics) and the game freezes. I can sometimes quit out but other times I have to reboot. I have made sure all the BIOS, mobo and chipset drivers are all up-to-date.

I see that other people are also having problems with this card/game. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is this being looked at by Nvidia?

PC specs are below:

DirectX ver: 9c
CPU: Intel E6400
Mobo: Gigabyte GA965 DQ6 (rev 3.3)
RAM: 4Gb Corsair XMS2 800Mhz DDR2

My next step is to upgrade the OS to Win7 so I can utilize DX11. Will this even help? /confused.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':confused:' />
Hi,

I recently purchased the GTX 460 1Gb and have installed the latest drivers (258.96). At first it seems to run like a dream, ran the benchamark in Batman: Arkham Asylum and got an average of 55fps. That game plays awesome, however if I run Battlefield Bad Company 2 then between 2 and 30 mins into the game the graphics on the screen rip to shreds (very trippy graphics) and the game freezes. I can sometimes quit out but other times I have to reboot. I have made sure all the BIOS, mobo and chipset drivers are all up-to-date.

I see that other people are also having problems with this card/game. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is this being looked at by Nvidia?

PC specs are below:

My next step is to upgrade the OS to Win7 so I can utilize DX11. Will this even help? /confused.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':confused:' />

Posted 08/09/2010 12:27 PM   
Hi,

PC specs are below:

Hi,

PC specs are below:

Posted 08/09/2010 12:27 PM   
Honestly, there is nothing that can be done. I have constant driver crashes and resets during games, even on stock clocks, and on almost every game. We may have to wait it out til new drivers are released.
Honestly, there is nothing that can be done. I have constant driver crashes and resets during games, even on stock clocks, and on almost every game. We may have to wait it out til new drivers are released.

Posted 08/09/2010 12:32 PM   

Posted 08/09/2010 12:32 PM   
Im running a 460gtx 1gb at stock with the new drivers on win 7 x64 and have no problems what so ever. only problem i had was windows wanted to install the older drivers. it would load it over the newer drivers and would cause issues. finally i let win install the drivers then installed the latest drivers over them and now it works like a dream. my 460 never runs over 61c and idles at 31c in my haf932 case. I also bought the sparkle brand with the reff cooler. only bc evga hadn't released theirs yet.
Im running a 460gtx 1gb at stock with the new drivers on win 7 x64 and have no problems what so ever. only problem i had was windows wanted to install the older drivers. it would load it over the newer drivers and would cause issues. finally i let win install the drivers then installed the latest drivers over them and now it works like a dream. my 460 never runs over 61c and idles at 31c in my haf932 case. I also bought the sparkle brand with the reff cooler. only bc evga hadn't released theirs yet.

Posted 08/10/2010 02:13 AM   

Posted 08/10/2010 02:13 AM   
[quote name='Crossfired' post='1101727' date='Aug 10 2010, 03:13 AM']Im running a 460gtx 1gb at stock with the new drivers on win 7 x64 and have no problems what so ever. only problem i had was windows wanted to install the older drivers. it would load it over the newer drivers and would cause issues. finally i let win install the drivers then installed the latest drivers over them and now it works like a dream. my 460 never runs over 61c and idles at 31c in my haf932 case. I also bought the sparkle brand with the reff cooler. only bc evga hadn't released theirs yet.[/quote]

+1

I just recently purchased the Gigabyte GTX460 1GB. Same issue. Worked OK for a couple of days then started intermittently freezing both in windows and during game play. Latest 258.96 drivers installed. Got worse and worse over the space of 2 days until it was freezing even during Windows loading. It also freezes in safe mode. Put 9600GT back in no issues. Put GTS 250 in no worries. Is this a driver issue or hardware related? Given the card was working spot on for a couple of days it's strange. RMA?

i5 750 CPU
GA-P55M-UD2 MB
4GB RAM
Corsair HX-850 850W PSU
Windows 7 Pro x64
[quote name='Crossfired' post='1101727' date='Aug 10 2010, 03:13 AM']Im running a 460gtx 1gb at stock with the new drivers on win 7 x64 and have no problems what so ever. only problem i had was windows wanted to install the older drivers. it would load it over the newer drivers and would cause issues. finally i let win install the drivers then installed the latest drivers over them and now it works like a dream. my 460 never runs over 61c and idles at 31c in my haf932 case. I also bought the sparkle brand with the reff cooler. only bc evga hadn't released theirs yet.

+1

I just recently purchased the Gigabyte GTX460 1GB. Same issue. Worked OK for a couple of days then started intermittently freezing both in windows and during game play. Latest 258.96 drivers installed. Got worse and worse over the space of 2 days until it was freezing even during Windows loading. It also freezes in safe mode. Put 9600GT back in no issues. Put GTS 250 in no worries. Is this a driver issue or hardware related? Given the card was working spot on for a couple of days it's strange. RMA?

i5 750 CPU

GA-P55M-UD2 MB

4GB RAM

Corsair HX-850 850W PSU

Windows 7 Pro x64

Posted 08/10/2010 06:00 AM   
  1 / 52    
Scroll To Top