NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI boot problem
  1 / 2    
Recently here we got a NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI motherboard with a quad core CPU. If you need me to list a bit more specs I'll list them later, it's getting late here. Anyway, after getting everything put together we started up the computer, it wouldn't boot unless we cleared the CMOS. before it would get stuck on what the debug LED says FF, 0D, or 80. Looking at a user guide I found out that FF is to boot, 0D and 80 mean reserved. I'm not quite sure exactly what that means. Every time we want to boot the computer we have to clear the CMOS with the button next to the debug LED. When we boot the computer it will show some system specs then say
[code]CMOS Checksum Bad
Press F1 to run SETUP
Press F2 to load default values and continue[/code]

The hard drive came out of an old Dell, it had some operating systems on it, but they won't boot because the operating systems were made for Dell, and sometimes, it's impossible to select an operating system because the system will freeze, can't use the keyboard or anything. I tried installing Windows Vista, same thing except when I press F2 I pressed F12 after it, loaded the DVD-ROM, it said "Windows is loading files..." Once that was done it went to a blank screen. It's not overheating, as the CPU is cooled at an average of 30 degrees Celcius. Also when the computer freezes, it's at 00 on the debug LED. The RAM has been re-seated and we will try to re-seat the CPU, when it's light out.

Anyone have an idea as to what the problem is?
Recently here we got a NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI motherboard with a quad core CPU. If you need me to list a bit more specs I'll list them later, it's getting late here. Anyway, after getting everything put together we started up the computer, it wouldn't boot unless we cleared the CMOS. before it would get stuck on what the debug LED says FF, 0D, or 80. Looking at a user guide I found out that FF is to boot, 0D and 80 mean reserved. I'm not quite sure exactly what that means. Every time we want to boot the computer we have to clear the CMOS with the button next to the debug LED. When we boot the computer it will show some system specs then say

CMOS Checksum Bad

Press F1 to run SETUP

Press F2 to load default values and continue

The hard drive came out of an old Dell, it had some operating systems on it, but they won't boot because the operating systems were made for Dell, and sometimes, it's impossible to select an operating system because the system will freeze, can't use the keyboard or anything. I tried installing Windows Vista, same thing except when I press F2 I pressed F12 after it, loaded the DVD-ROM, it said "Windows is loading files..." Once that was done it went to a blank screen. It's not overheating, as the CPU is cooled at an average of 30 degrees Celcius. Also when the computer freezes, it's at 00 on the debug LED. The RAM has been re-seated and we will try to re-seat the CPU, when it's light out.

Posted 08/01/2010 05:26 AM   
[quote name='Spirrwell' post='1097097' date='Aug 1 2010, 06:26 AM']Recently here we got a NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI motherboard with a quad core CPU. If you need me to list a bit more specs I'll list them later, it's getting late here. Anyway, after getting everything put together we started up the computer, it wouldn't boot unless we cleared the CMOS. before it would get stuck on what the debug LED says FF, 0D, or 80. Looking at a user guide I found out that FF is to boot, 0D and 80 mean reserved. I'm not quite sure exactly what that means. Every time we want to boot the computer we have to clear the CMOS with the button next to the debug LED. When we boot the computer it will show some system specs then say
[code]CMOS Checksum Bad
Press F1 to run SETUP
Press F2 to load default values and continue[/code]

Anyone have an idea as to what the problem is?[/quote]

CMOS is sometimes related to the motherboard, I've actually recently seen this but in an older nforce chipset based board it's either the motherboard is knackered or you need a bios update, I may be wrong but personally I've only seen this error once and thats in my own home. It's definitely passed it's sellby date.

I have a ASUS p5n-e 650i and I've never had any issue with it only driver and BIOS issues with SLi. Question is though how old is the motherboard and have you got a reciept, is it still under warranty?
[quote name='Spirrwell' post='1097097' date='Aug 1 2010, 06:26 AM']Recently here we got a NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI motherboard with a quad core CPU. If you need me to list a bit more specs I'll list them later, it's getting late here. Anyway, after getting everything put together we started up the computer, it wouldn't boot unless we cleared the CMOS. before it would get stuck on what the debug LED says FF, 0D, or 80. Looking at a user guide I found out that FF is to boot, 0D and 80 mean reserved. I'm not quite sure exactly what that means. Every time we want to boot the computer we have to clear the CMOS with the button next to the debug LED. When we boot the computer it will show some system specs then say

CMOS Checksum Bad

Press F1 to run SETUP

Press F2 to load default values and continue

CMOS is sometimes related to the motherboard, I've actually recently seen this but in an older nforce chipset based board it's either the motherboard is knackered or you need a bios update, I may be wrong but personally I've only seen this error once and thats in my own home. It's definitely passed it's sellby date.

I have a ASUS p5n-e 650i and I've never had any issue with it only driver and BIOS issues with SLi. Question is though how old is the motherboard and have you got a reciept, is it still under warranty?

Posted 08/01/2010 10:36 AM   
+1 for flash the BIOS to a different version.

try with just one stick of RAM in too.
+1 for flash the BIOS to a different version.

try with just one stick of RAM in too.

_ NVLDDMKM problems_ | _ problems getting a driver for a laptop graphics card_ | _What PSU do I need?_

[quote name='The Professor' date='11 August 2011 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1313055223' post='1277858']

I think Qazax is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.

Posted 08/01/2010 12:40 PM   
Yeah I've been searching, I've come up with similar answers. I don't have the receipt for the motherboard as we bought it formerly owned by someone else, but was never used and was still in the box. Although I guess the guy we bought it from had it for a few years at least. I'll try what Qazax suggested today, I don't know how it'll work, but right now I have the computer disconnected, so it might be a while. Anyway, thanks for the help.
Yeah I've been searching, I've come up with similar answers. I don't have the receipt for the motherboard as we bought it formerly owned by someone else, but was never used and was still in the box. Although I guess the guy we bought it from had it for a few years at least. I'll try what Qazax suggested today, I don't know how it'll work, but right now I have the computer disconnected, so it might be a while. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Posted 08/01/2010 01:13 PM   
Okay, I was able to reconnect everything, how do I do the bios update without being able to go into Windows? pressing + and 1 doesn't do anything. Anyway I can boot off of a USB drive to flash the bios? Also I looked inside the bios and it said Copyright 19xx - 2006, so I'm guessing that the board is 4 years old.
Okay, I was able to reconnect everything, how do I do the bios update without being able to go into Windows? pressing + and 1 doesn't do anything. Anyway I can boot off of a USB drive to flash the bios? Also I looked inside the bios and it said Copyright 19xx - 2006, so I'm guessing that the board is 4 years old.

Posted 08/01/2010 01:35 PM   
you go into the BIOS (press delete or F2 or F12 as it displays the system spec - it will tell you what key to pres) and in there will be the option of flashing the BIOS. you need the bios file in the root of a USB flash drive. if it cant see the flash dribe you may have to use a floppy but it should work from a USB drive.
you go into the BIOS (press delete or F2 or F12 as it displays the system spec - it will tell you what key to pres) and in there will be the option of flashing the BIOS. you need the bios file in the root of a USB flash drive. if it cant see the flash dribe you may have to use a floppy but it should work from a USB drive.

_ NVLDDMKM problems_ | _ problems getting a driver for a laptop graphics card_ | _What PSU do I need?_

[quote name='The Professor' date='11 August 2011 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1313055223' post='1277858']

I think Qazax is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.

Posted 08/01/2010 01:44 PM   
[quote name='Qazax' post='1097205' date='Aug 1 2010, 09:44 AM']you go into the BIOS (press delete or F2 or F12 as it displays the system spec - it will tell you what key to pres) and in there will be the option of flashing the BIOS. you need the bios file in the root of a USB flash drive. if it cant see the flash dribe you may have to use a floppy but it should work from a USB drive.[/quote]
Is there a setup separate from the BIOS? It says "Press F1 to run SETUP" That's the CMOS setup utility, is there something else because it doesn't show anywhere to do an update.
[quote name='Qazax' post='1097205' date='Aug 1 2010, 09:44 AM']you go into the BIOS (press delete or F2 or F12 as it displays the system spec - it will tell you what key to pres) and in there will be the option of flashing the BIOS. you need the bios file in the root of a USB flash drive. if it cant see the flash dribe you may have to use a floppy but it should work from a USB drive.

Is there a setup separate from the BIOS? It says "Press F1 to run SETUP" That's the CMOS setup utility, is there something else because it doesn't show anywhere to do an update.

Posted 08/01/2010 02:03 PM   
you need to get the new bios on a bootable flash dive and set the bios of the PC to boot from the flash drive, and when it boots to the flashdrive it will give you some options to do the flash. Its fairly simple and quick. just read before you hit any options in the flash process.

EG

Hit esc during startup to get the boot options.
you need to get the new bios on a bootable flash dive and set the bios of the PC to boot from the flash drive, and when it boots to the flashdrive it will give you some options to do the flash. Its fairly simple and quick. just read before you hit any options in the flash process.

EG

Hit esc during startup to get the boot options.

In Memory Of Chris Arthington "One Cool Cat"

Posted 08/01/2010 02:06 PM   
[quote name='ExtremeGrandpa' post='1097216' date='Aug 1 2010, 10:06 AM']you need to get the new bios on a bootable flash dive and set the bios of the PC to boot from the flash drive, and when it boots to the flashdrive it will give you some options to do the flash. Its fairly simple and quick. just read before you hit any options in the flash process.

EG[/quote]
Ah, that makes more sense, still, I have no clue where to find the BIOS, doing a search of the forum right now. If you know where to find it let me know.
[quote name='ExtremeGrandpa' post='1097216' date='Aug 1 2010, 10:06 AM']you need to get the new bios on a bootable flash dive and set the bios of the PC to boot from the flash drive, and when it boots to the flashdrive it will give you some options to do the flash. Its fairly simple and quick. just read before you hit any options in the flash process.

EG

Ah, that makes more sense, still, I have no clue where to find the BIOS, doing a search of the forum right now. If you know where to find it let me know.

Posted 08/01/2010 02:09 PM   
[quote name='Spirrwell' post='1097217' date='Aug 1 2010, 03:09 PM']Ah, that makes more sense, still, I have no clue where to find the BIOS, doing a search of the forum right now. If you know where to find it let me know.[/quote]

you get the BIOS upddate from the manufacturers web site. find your model on their site and it will have a downloads section.
[quote name='Spirrwell' post='1097217' date='Aug 1 2010, 03:09 PM']Ah, that makes more sense, still, I have no clue where to find the BIOS, doing a search of the forum right now. If you know where to find it let me know.

you get the BIOS upddate from the manufacturers web site. find your model on their site and it will have a downloads section.

Posted 08/01/2010 02:13 PM   
[quote name='Qazax' post='1097220' date='Aug 1 2010, 10:13 AM']you get the BIOS upddate from the manufacturers web site. find your model on their site and it will have a downloads section.[/quote]
I have no clue who manufactured it. The splash screen says XFX Play hard. The XFX website has nothing. Anyway after that it loads all the specs and such it says:

[code]A7567NX3 V1.4B1 020409

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz , Speed 333x6=1998 MHz

DRAM Frequency For DDR2 800 (Single-Channel)
Initializing USB Controllers .. Done.
4096 MB OK
USB Device(s): 1 Keyboard
Auto-Detecting Pri Master .. MATcrapADVD-RAM LF-D310 A123
Auto-Detecting SATA2 .. WDC WD4000K5-00MNBO 07.02.E07
Auto-detecting USB Mass Storage Devices..
00 USB mass storage devices found and configured.

CMOS Checksum Bad
Press F1 to Run SETUP
Press F2 to load default values and Continue[/code]

In setup it says v02.61 © Copyright 1985-2006 , American Megatrends , Inc.

Any help in where the motherboard actually came from?
[quote name='Qazax' post='1097220' date='Aug 1 2010, 10:13 AM']you get the BIOS upddate from the manufacturers web site. find your model on their site and it will have a downloads section.

I have no clue who manufactured it. The splash screen says XFX Play hard. The XFX website has nothing. Anyway after that it loads all the specs and such it says:

A7567NX3 V1.4B1 020409

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33 GHz , Speed 333x6=1998 MHz

DRAM Frequency For DDR2 800 (Single-Channel)

Initializing USB Controllers .. Done.

4096 MB OK

USB Device(s): 1 Keyboard

Auto-Detecting Pri Master .. MATcrapADVD-RAM LF-D310 A123

Auto-Detecting SATA2 .. WDC WD4000K5-00MNBO 07.02.E07

Auto-detecting USB Mass Storage Devices..

00 USB mass storage devices found and configured.

CMOS Checksum Bad

Press F1 to Run SETUP

Press F2 to load default values and Continue

In setup it says v02.61 © Copyright 1985-2006 , American Megatrends , Inc.

Any help in where the motherboard actually came from?

Posted 08/01/2010 02:51 PM   
Is this your mobo? Open the case and confirm this please.

[url="http://xfxforce.com/en-us/products/motherboards/7series/750i.aspx"]http://xfxforce.com/en-us/products/motherb...eries/750i.aspx[/url]

If so you will need to create an account and download the bios directly from XFX. XFX require you to be registered to access the info you are wanting.

EG
Is this your mobo? Open the case and confirm this please.

http://xfxforce.com/en-us/products/motherb...eries/750i.aspx

If so you will need to create an account and download the bios directly from XFX. XFX require you to be registered to access the info you are wanting.

EG

Posted 08/01/2010 03:05 PM   
[quote name='ExtremeGrandpa' post='1097250' date='Aug 1 2010, 11:05 AM']Is this your mobo? Open the case and confirm this please.

[url="http://xfxforce.com/en-us/products/motherboards/7series/750i.aspx"]http://xfxforce.com/en-us/products/motherb...eries/750i.aspx[/url]

EG[/quote]
Yes that is my motherboard, I registered and now I need either the board serial number or product code and I have no clue how to find either. Well I'll keep looking, thanks.
[quote name='ExtremeGrandpa' post='1097250' date='Aug 1 2010, 11:05 AM']Is this your mobo? Open the case and confirm this please.

http://xfxforce.com/en-us/products/motherb...eries/750i.aspx

EG

Yes that is my motherboard, I registered and now I need either the board serial number or product code and I have no clue how to find either. Well I'll keep looking, thanks.

Posted 08/01/2010 03:12 PM   
Board seriel # should be a small sticker on the mobo itself and you may have to dig and remove a few thing to locate and read it clearly.

Its maybe a 1/4 inch wide by1.5 to 2 inches in length.

EG
Board seriel # should be a small sticker on the mobo itself and you may have to dig and remove a few thing to locate and read it clearly.

Its maybe a 1/4 inch wide by1.5 to 2 inches in length.

EG

Posted 08/01/2010 03:21 PM   
Okay I got it, but it only has two bios revisions available. I currently have V1.4B1 and the latest listed is V1.41, I'm guessing both are the same. I'll try re-flashing it, if that doesn't work I'll try the older version V1.3.
Okay I got it, but it only has two bios revisions available. I currently have V1.4B1 and the latest listed is V1.41, I'm guessing both are the same. I'll try re-flashing it, if that doesn't work I'll try the older version V1.3.

Posted 08/01/2010 03:22 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top