Driver Problems, Blue Dots at Start Up, LAG
*Please Take Time to read all my Problems*

Hello,
While Playing League of Legends, i start to notice weird things thats happening to my Graphics, it was all over the place, it froze my comp, so i restarted it, And that's when my problem starts. When Windows is booting, there are weird Blue dots all over the screen as if the Graphic/Display has a problem, so i looked into that and my computer and went to the DEVICE MANAGER, and saw that under Display Adapters, my Graphics card [Nvidia 8800GT] has a exclamation mark on it so i click it and selected properties and it says that the Device could not be Started, and below it under Other Devices PCI Memory Controller could also not be started so obviously it has something to do with my Display Drivers/ Graphics Card. I downloaded the new Nvidia Driver Today that just been released, and when it asked to restart comp, i restarted it but i still have the same problem, i looked into my DxDIAG, to look at my display tab, and it doesn't say NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800GT under the name, and so on, it was all blank, and under drivers it does not say NVIDIA driver it says vga.dll so it must be a replacement just in case my driver doesn't work, below it under NOTES it read this:

-The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.
-To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above.
-Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

I tried Re-installing my Drivers and my Display Adapters under Device Manager, and i also took out the graphics card and put it back in, but nothing works, i still get the Blue dots all over on windows start up, Also, in addition When i go into internet explorer and scroll up and down, it has a lag/skiding feel like the Screen could not be rendered fast enough so it skids, So to conclude theres something wrong with my Graphic Card/Driver, Display Adapter and so on........

I would appreciate if someone please help me with this problem, and other people who also have this problem, It's starting to make me mad, because i cannot play any games without getting Display errors and even lag from Browser games........

Please and Thanks,

NSamurai

-PHOTOS I TOOK ARE BELOW-

[url="http://yfrog.com/n1devicemanagergt8800p"]http://yfrog.com/n1devicemanagergt8800p[/url]

[url="http://yfrog.com/n3dxdiagp"]http://yfrog.com/n3dxdiagp[/url]
*Please Take Time to read all my Problems*

Hello,

While Playing League of Legends, i start to notice weird things thats happening to my Graphics, it was all over the place, it froze my comp, so i restarted it, And that's when my problem starts. When Windows is booting, there are weird Blue dots all over the screen as if the Graphic/Display has a problem, so i looked into that and my computer and went to the DEVICE MANAGER, and saw that under Display Adapters, my Graphics card [Nvidia 8800GT] has a exclamation mark on it so i click it and selected properties and it says that the Device could not be Started, and below it under Other Devices PCI Memory Controller could also not be started so obviously it has something to do with my Display Drivers/ Graphics Card. I downloaded the new Nvidia Driver Today that just been released, and when it asked to restart comp, i restarted it but i still have the same problem, i looked into my DxDIAG, to look at my display tab, and it doesn't say NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800GT under the name, and so on, it was all blank, and under drivers it does not say NVIDIA driver it says vga.dll so it must be a replacement just in case my driver doesn't work, below it under NOTES it read this:

-The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.

-To test DirectDraw functionality, click the "Test DirectDraw" button above.

-Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

I tried Re-installing my Drivers and my Display Adapters under Device Manager, and i also took out the graphics card and put it back in, but nothing works, i still get the Blue dots all over on windows start up, Also, in addition When i go into internet explorer and scroll up and down, it has a lag/skiding feel like the Screen could not be rendered fast enough so it skids, So to conclude theres something wrong with my Graphic Card/Driver, Display Adapter and so on........

I would appreciate if someone please help me with this problem, and other people who also have this problem, It's starting to make me mad, because i cannot play any games without getting Display errors and even lag from Browser games........

Please and Thanks,

NSamurai

-PHOTOS I TOOK ARE BELOW-

http://yfrog.com/n1devicemanagergt8800p

http://yfrog.com/n3dxdiagp

Posted 07/19/2010 09:13 PM   
Hate to say the same thing, but it could be a failing card...

Posted similar under this thread - [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=174622"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=174622[/url]
Hate to say the same thing, but it could be a failing card...

Posted similar under this thread - http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=174622

Posted 07/19/2010 09:39 PM   
Some sugestions:

1- try to uninstall the nvidia drivers, remove everything about nvidia (except the nforce drivers if your MB is nvidia one) reboot the pc and install the drivers again (look for the most recent WHQL drivers or use the old one on your card CD)

2- try to remove and replace your card to check if its not a slot contact problem, certify that your card is well atached to your case chassis.

3- check if you case inside have good airflow and if nothing is blocking air like cabbles or dust.

4- if your MB has a onboard video device conect your monitor on it and see if the dots disapear, so you can be sure its not a monitor problem.

5- if you can try a format install cause ti could be some windows corrupted file that stop recoganizing the vga.

6- try to reset your bios (check your MB manual to see how its done right)

If all fail, it could be your GPU that is dying, the 8800 is quite old now so its not a surprize, consider about get a new GPU, Im sure you can find good card for some low prices, try the 200 series (250 GTX, 220 GT) or the new 460 GTX if you have a little more money.

good luck anyway!
Some sugestions:

1- try to uninstall the nvidia drivers, remove everything about nvidia (except the nforce drivers if your MB is nvidia one) reboot the pc and install the drivers again (look for the most recent WHQL drivers or use the old one on your card CD)

2- try to remove and replace your card to check if its not a slot contact problem, certify that your card is well atached to your case chassis.

3- check if you case inside have good airflow and if nothing is blocking air like cabbles or dust.

4- if your MB has a onboard video device conect your monitor on it and see if the dots disapear, so you can be sure its not a monitor problem.

5- if you can try a format install cause ti could be some windows corrupted file that stop recoganizing the vga.

6- try to reset your bios (check your MB manual to see how its done right)

If all fail, it could be your GPU that is dying, the 8800 is quite old now so its not a surprize, consider about get a new GPU, Im sure you can find good card for some low prices, try the 200 series (250 GTX, 220 GT) or the new 460 GTX if you have a little more money.

good luck anyway!

MB: Intel DH55HC

CPU: Intel i7 860, 3.2 GHz + Akasa Nero 2 + Viper Fan

RAM: Kingstone 2x 2 Gb, DDR 3, 1333 MHz

PSU: Seventeam V-Force Series 850W

GPU: Evga GTX 580 772/1544/2004(4008)

SPU: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer

HD: Samsung 1 Tb, 32 Mb, SaTA II

DVD: LG Blue Ray

CASE: Aerocool BX-500, 7 fans

GPAD: Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

MOUSE: CM Sentinel Advance

KEY: Logitech G15

MON: LG Flatron E2350, 1920 x 1080 res

SO: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits

DRIV: Forceware 285.62

Posted 07/19/2010 09:52 PM   
You might also want to take a look at this page-[url="http://www.playtool.com/pages/artifacts/artifacts.html"]http://www.playtool.com/pages/artifacts/artifacts.html[/url].
Is it anything like the first example?
You might also want to take a look at this page-http://www.playtool.com/pages/artifacts/artifacts.html.

Is it anything like the first example?

[indent]Image

[/indent]
Core i7 920@3850MHz_Corsair H-50 Water Cooler_EVGA X58 132-BL-E758-A1_1xEVGA GTX480 @825.1650.2000_3x2Gb Mushkin Enhanced DDR3 1600MHz 7-8-7-20-1T

2x74Gb WD Raptor/RAID0-Windows7 _1x250Gb Seagate 7200.10_Silverstone Strider ST1200 1200w Modular PSU_Coolermaster Cosmos S

Vantage-22876, w/Physx-25636--3DMark06-24844

Posted 07/19/2010 10:09 PM   
Thanks alot for advice/Help really appreciate it!~ i will look into it,

Thanks.
Thanks alot for advice/Help really appreciate it!~ i will look into it,

Thanks.

Posted 07/20/2010 01:15 AM   
I have this exact problem now!! Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!
What did you do to fix it?
I have this exact problem now!! Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!

What did you do to fix it?

Posted 03/04/2012 12:37 AM   
If after following Sinfatus advice nothing worked, buy a new graphics card or PC.

You could test the video card in another computer if possible, before you spend money on a new one.
If after following Sinfatus advice nothing worked, buy a new graphics card or PC.

You could test the video card in another computer if possible, before you spend money on a new one.

"This is your code. These are also your bugs. Really. Yes, the API runtime and the
driver have bugs, but this is not one of them. Now go fix it already." -fgiesen

Posted 03/04/2012 04:10 AM   
I literally had the same thing happen to me. I was playing minecraft and then my menu turned all green and stuff and it froze, soi restarted it.BOOM.blue dots on startup on my windows explorer (I know, a windows EXPLORER)I restarted again and it was working fine then I tryed my programs and it crash, restarted again, blue dots came back and my resolution was wrong and the files and my desktop were in the wrong place and here is the creepy part, a new user was added, it was "Owner" and it had a password, which made me think I was hacked, especially since I got hack raided on minecraft but when I restarted, it went away. Any games I tried to play, would crash right as I tryed to play and after a few days of restarting, it suddently said "BAD VIDEO DRIVER"I tried other games and it said the same thing. I updated my driver to the latest, but it did not work. Please help me. Thanks, DarkBlade909
I literally had the same thing happen to me. I was playing minecraft and then my menu turned all green and stuff and it froze, soi restarted it.BOOM.blue dots on startup on my windows explorer (I know, a windows EXPLORER)I restarted again and it was working fine then I tryed my programs and it crash, restarted again, blue dots came back and my resolution was wrong and the files and my desktop were in the wrong place and here is the creepy part, a new user was added, it was "Owner" and it had a password, which made me think I was hacked, especially since I got hack raided on minecraft but when I restarted, it went away. Any games I tried to play, would crash right as I tryed to play and after a few days of restarting, it suddently said "BAD VIDEO DRIVER"I tried other games and it said the same thing. I updated my driver to the latest, but it did not work. Please help me.

Thanks,
DarkBlade909

Posted 02/06/2013 12:10 AM   
[quote="DarkBlade909"]I literally had the same thing happen to me. I was playing minecraft and then my menu turned all green and stuff and it froze, soi restarted it.BOOM.blue dots on startup on my windows explorer (I know, a windows EXPLORER)I restarted again and it was working fine then I tryed my programs and it crash, restarted again, blue dots came back and my resolution was wrong and the files and my desktop were in the wrong place and here is the creepy part, a new user was added, it was "Owner" and it had a password, which made me think I was hacked, especially since I got hack raided on minecraft but when I restarted, it went away. Any games I tried to play, would crash right as I tryed to play and after a few days of restarting, it suddently said "BAD VIDEO DRIVER"I tried other games and it said the same thing. I updated my driver to the latest, but it did not work. Please help me. Thanks, DarkBlade909[/quote] yeap same problem since today. blue dots at startup when bios is loaded then windows start in some standard resolution. I try to restarted, shut it down... nothing. Anyone have any ideea whats wrong?
DarkBlade909 said:I literally had the same thing happen to me. I was playing minecraft and then my menu turned all green and stuff and it froze, soi restarted it.BOOM.blue dots on startup on my windows explorer (I know, a windows EXPLORER)I restarted again and it was working fine then I tryed my programs and it crash, restarted again, blue dots came back and my resolution was wrong and the files and my desktop were in the wrong place and here is the creepy part, a new user was added, it was "Owner" and it had a password, which made me think I was hacked, especially since I got hack raided on minecraft but when I restarted, it went away. Any games I tried to play, would crash right as I tryed to play and after a few days of restarting, it suddently said "BAD VIDEO DRIVER"I tried other games and it said the same thing. I updated my driver to the latest, but it did not work. Please help me.

Thanks,
DarkBlade909

yeap same problem since today. blue dots at startup when bios is loaded then windows start in some standard resolution. I try to restarted, shut it down... nothing. Anyone have any ideea whats wrong?

Posted 09/19/2013 03:29 PM   
Dead gpu. 8800's are dead men walking anyway due to the G92 bumps disaster.
Dead gpu.

8800's are dead men walking anyway due to the G92 bumps disaster.

In Memory of Chris "ChrisRay" Arthington, 1982-2010

CPU:Intel i7 920 @ 3.8(D0), Mainboard:Asus Rampage II Gene, Memory:12GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 680+ 4GB, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro, Monitor:BenQ G2400WDHDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD BlackCase:NZXT Guardian 921RB, PSU:Corsair 620HX, OS:Windows 7 SP1

Posted 09/19/2013 07:37 PM   
Scroll To Top