"Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver"
  1 / 3    
Hello :)

I am unable to view some videos on youtube, for example. The screen goes black for a moment, the image of the video becomes green but I still hear the sound. I have an error message that appears:

[b]
"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 258.96 stopped responding"[/b]

Here is the picture of the problem:
[img]http://s2.noelshack.com/old/up/bug-98166ddc49.png[/img]

Thank you in advance :)

PS: I already tried the driver with the most recent and certified by NVIDIA (257.21) but it still does not work :(
Hello :)

I am unable to view some videos on youtube, for example. The screen goes black for a moment, the image of the video becomes green but I still hear the sound. I have an error message that appears:

"Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 258.96 stopped responding"

Here is the picture of the problem:

Thank you in advance :)

PS: I already tried the driver with the most recent and certified by NVIDIA (257.21) but it still does not work :(

Posted 07/15/2010 07:13 PM   
I have this problem too when several videos are running at the same time, and the only way I found to fix it is to disable hardware acceleration in Flash settings by right clicking on a video and click Properties. Then I refresh the pages and the videos plays well.
I have this problem too when several videos are running at the same time, and the only way I found to fix it is to disable hardware acceleration in Flash settings by right clicking on a video and click Properties. Then I refresh the pages and the videos plays well.

Intel i7 2700K @ 4.7 GHz, 16 Go DDR3 1600 MHz, 2x NVidia GTX 680 SLI.

Posted 07/16/2010 12:38 PM   
I get this problem as well.
I haven't managed to fix mine yet, but check this out.
[url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=100800&hl=nvlddmkm"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtop...amp;hl=nvlddmkm[/url]
It may be able to help you.
I get this problem as well.

I haven't managed to fix mine yet, but check this out.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtop...amp;hl=nvlddmkm

It may be able to help you.

Posted 07/19/2010 05:07 AM   
Do you all get this problem with just Youtube videos or other type of videos as well?
Do you all get this problem with just Youtube videos or other type of videos as well?

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 07/19/2010 07:27 AM   
[quote name='ManuelG' post='1090189' date='Jul 19 2010, 03:27 AM']Do you all get this problem with just Youtube videos or other type of videos as well?[/quote]

I am having the same problem, on youtube or any flash based web videos. Even crashed when using VLC media player and .mkv video.

If open only one video its 50/50 one the crash but doing more then one is 100% crash.
[quote name='ManuelG' post='1090189' date='Jul 19 2010, 03:27 AM']Do you all get this problem with just Youtube videos or other type of videos as well?

I am having the same problem, on youtube or any flash based web videos. Even crashed when using VLC media player and .mkv video.

If open only one video its 50/50 one the crash but doing more then one is 100% crash.

Posted 07/19/2010 10:02 PM   
[quote name='stuntjester1' post='1090495' date='Jul 19 2010, 06:02 PM']I am having the same problem, on youtube or any flash based web videos. Even crashed when using VLC media player and .mkv video.

If open only one video its 50/50 one the crash but doing more then one is 100% crash.[/quote]

make sure you flash player is updated, so far its been working. Warning you have to install flash in fire fox in manual since the auto is messed up

update: still get green screen when demanding multi-video running
[quote name='stuntjester1' post='1090495' date='Jul 19 2010, 06:02 PM']I am having the same problem, on youtube or any flash based web videos. Even crashed when using VLC media player and .mkv video.

make sure you flash player is updated, so far its been working. Warning you have to install flash in fire fox in manual since the auto is messed up

Posted 07/20/2010 02:20 AM   
[quote name='stuntjester1' post='1090586' date='Jul 20 2010, 04:20 AM']make sure you flash player is updated, so far its been working. Warning you have to install flash in fire fox in manual since the auto is messed up

update: still get green screen when demanding multi-video running[/quote]
To avoid the green screen and driver crash when playing several videos, I just disable the hardware acceleration in flash.

But it appens also sometimes when for example I'm watching TV on Windows Media Center and launch an MKV in Media Player Classic with CoreAVC CUDA video decoding, the driver stops responding and Windows reloads it, but as the videos continue it stop again and again. I have to press ALT+F4 to close MPC and let the driver reload properly.

I have these problems since drivers 25x.xx, it don't happen too often but it's annoying as my GTX260 get stuck in 2D frequencies after driver reload, so games are on low FPS and I have to reboot to get the correct 3D frequencies in games.
Maybe I'll try back drivers 1xx.xx.
[quote name='stuntjester1' post='1090586' date='Jul 20 2010, 04:20 AM']make sure you flash player is updated, so far its been working. Warning you have to install flash in fire fox in manual since the auto is messed up

To avoid the green screen and driver crash when playing several videos, I just disable the hardware acceleration in flash.

But it appens also sometimes when for example I'm watching TV on Windows Media Center and launch an MKV in Media Player Classic with CoreAVC CUDA video decoding, the driver stops responding and Windows reloads it, but as the videos continue it stop again and again. I have to press ALT+F4 to close MPC and let the driver reload properly.

I have these problems since drivers 25x.xx, it don't happen too often but it's annoying as my GTX260 get stuck in 2D frequencies after driver reload, so games are on low FPS and I have to reboot to get the correct 3D frequencies in games.

Posted 07/20/2010 08:09 AM   
[quote name='Miguel' post='1090673' date='Jul 20 2010, 04:09 AM']To avoid the green screen and driver crash when playing several videos, I just disable the hardware acceleration in flash.

Maybe I'll try back drivers 1xx.xx.[/quote]

this helps with the online flash video so far still had a few crashing if had to to many programs open. Hopefully it will get fixed in the next version. I has to do with flash for sure...

thanks for the heads up on the acceleration.
[quote name='Miguel' post='1090673' date='Jul 20 2010, 04:09 AM']To avoid the green screen and driver crash when playing several videos, I just disable the hardware acceleration in flash.

this helps with the online flash video so far still had a few crashing if had to to many programs open. Hopefully it will get fixed in the next version. I has to do with flash for sure...

Posted 07/20/2010 09:47 PM   
[quote name='stuntjester1' post='1090946' date='Jul 20 2010, 10:47 PM']this helps with the online flash video so far still had a few crashing if had to to many programs open. Hopefully it will get fixed in the next version. I has to do with flash for sure...

thanks for the heads up on the acceleration.[/quote]

same problem here [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=173745"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=173745[/url]

when I install windows 7 and nvidia driver in september 2009 I haven't this problem

now I have this when I am playing and some cases.

Just make test, try to calculate windows indice performance in windows seven and look this value for game

for me 2.0 now, 4.6 in the past, and I have this error during test.....
[quote name='stuntjester1' post='1090946' date='Jul 20 2010, 10:47 PM']this helps with the online flash video so far still had a few crashing if had to to many programs open. Hopefully it will get fixed in the next version. I has to do with flash for sure...

same problem here http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=173745

when I install windows 7 and nvidia driver in september 2009 I haven't this problem

now I have this when I am playing and some cases.

Just make test, try to calculate windows indice performance in windows seven and look this value for game

for me 2.0 now, 4.6 in the past, and I have this error during test.....

Posted 07/21/2010 11:31 AM   
Thank you:) I disabled hardware acceleration and it works (for now ^ ^)
Thank you:) I disabled hardware acceleration and it works (for now ^ ^)

Posted 07/21/2010 09:14 PM   
ok fixed the online video, but just had it crash twice when leaving feedback on ebay, and then switch over to a forum to read.
ok fixed the online video, but just had it crash twice when leaving feedback on ebay, and then switch over to a forum to read.

Posted 07/22/2010 12:52 AM   
I got bored with this bug, anytime I watch TV in Windows Media Center on my 2nd screen and play some video on some games sites (IGN, GameSpot, ...) or in Windows Media Player the driver crashes, even with the Flash hardware acceleration disabled.

So I got back to the 197.45 for Windows 7 x64 (after uninstalling the 258.69 and running DriverSweeper under Windows' safe mode), and now I can launch several Flash videos with Hardware Acceleration enabled, Windows Media Center, Windows Media Player, ... Everything runs smoothly with these drivers, no crashes.

I'll wait for future working version before coming back to 2xx.xx series. Nothing really useful were added for my computer personal usage.
I got bored with this bug, anytime I watch TV in Windows Media Center on my 2nd screen and play some video on some games sites (IGN, GameSpot, ...) or in Windows Media Player the driver crashes, even with the Flash hardware acceleration disabled.

So I got back to the 197.45 for Windows 7 x64 (after uninstalling the 258.69 and running DriverSweeper under Windows' safe mode), and now I can launch several Flash videos with Hardware Acceleration enabled, Windows Media Center, Windows Media Player, ... Everything runs smoothly with these drivers, no crashes.

I'll wait for future working version before coming back to 2xx.xx series. Nothing really useful were added for my computer personal usage.

Posted 07/26/2010 12:16 PM   
[quote name='Miguel' post='1093742' date='Jul 26 2010, 08:16 AM']I got bored with this bug, anytime I watch TV in Windows Media Center on my 2nd screen and play some video on some games sites (IGN, GameSpot, ...) or in Windows Media Player the driver crashes, even with the Flash hardware acceleration disabled.

I'll wait for future working version before coming back to 2xx.xx series. Nothing really useful were added for my computer personal usage.[/quote]

Yea same here, I love the fast loading time in a games like bad company 2 but the constant crashing watching tv shows or movies and crashing wasn't worth it. I wish the would get it fixed soon. So I can load with all the rest of my friend with ATI cards.
[quote name='Miguel' post='1093742' date='Jul 26 2010, 08:16 AM']I got bored with this bug, anytime I watch TV in Windows Media Center on my 2nd screen and play some video on some games sites (IGN, GameSpot, ...) or in Windows Media Player the driver crashes, even with the Flash hardware acceleration disabled.

Yea same here, I love the fast loading time in a games like bad company 2 but the constant crashing watching tv shows or movies and crashing wasn't worth it. I wish the would get it fixed soon. So I can load with all the rest of my friend with ATI cards.

Posted 07/29/2010 09:34 PM   
System Specs.

Windows x64 Ultimate
i7-930
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 MB
Corsiar Dominator 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600
Gorsiar 750HX Power supply
EVGA GTX470 Superclocked

I'm running dual 22 inch monitors of the single card
System Specs.

Windows x64 Ultimate

i7-930

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 MB

Corsiar Dominator 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600

Gorsiar 750HX Power supply

EVGA GTX470 Superclocked

I'm running dual 22 inch monitors of the single card

Posted 07/29/2010 09:37 PM   
It appears I am having the same problem with a newer driver

[img]http://img861.imageshack.us/img861/9170/capturehfn.png[/img]

What do I do? This is nearly a brand new laptop. Probably only like 3 months old.

I have a GForce GTX 460M.

I also downloaded the newest drivers from the Nvidia website... "275.33-notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe"

I am running Win 7 Home Premium 64bit.

I have the ASUS G73JW
It appears I am having the same problem with a newer driver

What do I do? This is nearly a brand new laptop. Probably only like 3 months old.

I have a GForce GTX 460M.

I also downloaded the newest drivers from the Nvidia website... "275.33-notebook-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe"

I am running Win 7 Home Premium 64bit.

I have the ASUS G73JW

Posted 06/30/2011 01:46 PM   
  1 / 3    
Scroll To Top