Laptop to Samsung TV HDMI Issues not working properly
So I have been using my TV as my monitor to watch movies and play games for about a year now. Then my friend comes over and we wanna watch something on the big screen in the other room. That works fine as well. He leaves and I go back to my TV and I can't get the HDMI signal to work. No picture shows up. Just a "check signal cable" message.

So far i have tried two different HDMI cables, both of which i have confirmed to be working on the offending TV with my PS3. I have updated my video driver. I have tried all sorts of different resolution settings. I have taken my laptop and hooked it up to another display via HDMI and it works. I have taken my brothers laptop which is almost identical to mine (both gateway, look exactly the same except mine is a p-6831fx and his is a slightly different model number) and hooked it up to my TV and that works too. So basically:

my TV + not my laptop = works

my laptop + not my TV = works

My TV + my laptop = not works

I just don't understand what could be wrong. Especially since it has worked flawlessly for such a long time. Any ideas or maybe a setting I am missing?
So I have been using my TV as my monitor to watch movies and play games for about a year now. Then my friend comes over and we wanna watch something on the big screen in the other room. That works fine as well. He leaves and I go back to my TV and I can't get the HDMI signal to work. No picture shows up. Just a "check signal cable" message.

So far i have tried two different HDMI cables, both of which i have confirmed to be working on the offending TV with my PS3. I have updated my video driver. I have tried all sorts of different resolution settings. I have taken my laptop and hooked it up to another display via HDMI and it works. I have taken my brothers laptop which is almost identical to mine (both gateway, look exactly the same except mine is a p-6831fx and his is a slightly different model number) and hooked it up to my TV and that works too. So basically:

my TV + not my laptop = works

my laptop + not my TV = works

My TV + my laptop = not works

I just don't understand what could be wrong. Especially since it has worked flawlessly for such a long time. Any ideas or maybe a setting I am missing?

Posted 07/09/2010 05:16 AM   
EDID issue from your HDTV

try disabling HDMI audio from the control panel
the HDMI will then work like a DVI
latest drivers have an issue with HDMI audio

if you need the audio I would suggest SPDIF from your soundcard if possible in the mean time if this works
otherwise you'll have to wait for a new driver

and post your issue in the ION and GEFORCE DRIVER section
specifically the HDTV detection thread here
[url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=153602"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=153602[/url]

read it...it will help you understand the issue
leave your HDTV info there
EDID issue from your HDTV

try disabling HDMI audio from the control panel

the HDMI will then work like a DVI

latest drivers have an issue with HDMI audio

if you need the audio I would suggest SPDIF from your soundcard if possible in the mean time if this works

otherwise you'll have to wait for a new driver

and post your issue in the ION and GEFORCE DRIVER section

specifically the HDTV detection thread here

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=153602

read it...it will help you understand the issue

leave your HDTV info there

ImageImage

Join the NVidia Forum Team - Please Help Medical Research - Folding@home

Posted 07/11/2010 11:25 PM   
Scroll To Top