Problem with 9500GT HDMI Audio
Hi,

I am having a problem with getting audio to work via the HDMI cable connected to my TV. I have two monitor setup where I use my monitor for regular PC use and I watch videos on the Philips TV. While the video part of HDMI works excellently and I get a nice 1080P picture on the Philips TV I can't get audio to come out of the TV.

I am using:
Win XP SP3
Asus Xonar DS with latest drivers (Audio card)
Asus GeForce 9500 GT
257.21 Forceware

In the Xonar control panel I have enabled SPDIF Output (PCM), but I just can't get any audio out of my Philips TV.

I also have a set of analogue Logitech speakers that work just fine. I've tried disconnecting the Logitech speaker and rebooting, but I've had no luck.

I am pretty certain that I have internal SPDIF cable setup correctly. There was only one way to insert the the cable into Xonar's SPDIF out and I made sure that I correctly inserted the 2pin SPDIF IN into my 9500 GT.

The weird thing is that Nvidia control panel for some reason suggests that I am using a DVI connection with the Philips TV (in the "change resolution" section of the CP), when that's just not true. From what I understand the Nvidia control panel should give an option for HDMI (with audio) and HDMI (without audio), but instead all it gives me is the option to change resolution.

Perhaps there is something else I need to enable in windows itself to make the 9500GT feel the SPDIF signal coming out of the Xonar? I've looked in the sound properties, but I just couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

I am having a problem with getting audio to work via the HDMI cable connected to my TV. I have two monitor setup where I use my monitor for regular PC use and I watch videos on the Philips TV. While the video part of HDMI works excellently and I get a nice 1080P picture on the Philips TV I can't get audio to come out of the TV.

I am using:

Win XP SP3

Asus GeForce 9500 GT

257.21 Forceware

In the Xonar control panel I have enabled SPDIF Output (PCM), but I just can't get any audio out of my Philips TV.

I also have a set of analogue Logitech speakers that work just fine. I've tried disconnecting the Logitech speaker and rebooting, but I've had no luck.

I am pretty certain that I have internal SPDIF cable setup correctly. There was only one way to insert the the cable into Xonar's SPDIF out and I made sure that I correctly inserted the 2pin SPDIF IN into my 9500 GT.

The weird thing is that Nvidia control panel for some reason suggests that I am using a DVI connection with the Philips TV (in the "change resolution" section of the CP), when that's just not true. From what I understand the Nvidia control panel should give an option for HDMI (with audio) and HDMI (without audio), but instead all it gives me is the option to change resolution.

Perhaps there is something else I need to enable in windows itself to make the 9500GT feel the SPDIF signal coming out of the Xonar? I've looked in the sound properties, but I just couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance!

Posted 07/02/2010 05:20 PM   
[quote name='Levictus' post='1081735' date='Jul 2 2010, 06:20 PM']Hi,

I am using:
Win XP SP3
Asus GeForce 9500 GT
257.21 Forceware

Thanks in advance![/quote]
Hi

Have you come up with a solution yet? I'm having the same issue. I've checked to make sure the DVI to HDMI cable is capable of carrying audio and it is properly connected.

Thanks.

Rex

I am using:

Win XP SP3

Asus GeForce 9500 GT

257.21 Forceware

Thanks in advance!

Hi

Have you come up with a solution yet? I'm having the same issue. I've checked to make sure the DVI to HDMI cable is capable of carrying audio and it is properly connected.

Thanks.

Rex

Posted 08/18/2010 04:01 PM   

I am using:
Win XP SP3
Asus GeForce 9500 GT
257.21 Forceware

Thanks in advance![/quote]
Hi

Thanks.

Rex

I am using:

Win XP SP3

Asus GeForce 9500 GT

257.21 Forceware

Thanks in advance!

Hi

Thanks.

Rex

Posted 08/18/2010 04:01 PM   
Scroll To Top