Quad SLi failed on GTx295 Cards 257.21 drivers
Hello,

My system:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
ASUS Striker II Formula M.B.
8 GB Ram.
2 no. GTX295 cards with SLi connector fitted.

Can someone Please help me solve this problem?

Quad SLi mode was working great on my GTX295 cards! Then installed latest drivers 257.21 then it worked for a while...

Activated SLi again in Nvidia control panel with PhysX in Auto mode, was o.k. for a while and then suddenly
machine froze, lost signal on 2 monitors on main card, only third screen active on 2nd card.

Rebooted.

Uninstalled latest drivers. Let windows install older drivers.

Still no signal on main card? Used 3rd monitor on second card for backup.

Only 2 no. GTX295 showing up instead of the previous 4 no. in device manager?

Swapped cards around on Mother Board Slot 1 to 3 and vice versa, still not luck.

Green & blue light on one card, geen light only on second card with SLi connector fitted.

Tryed each card indivdually in slot nearest the processor, one card o.k. green and blue light

The second card no signal, green light only.

Put back cards into Motherboard, but with main card in top slot next to processor and second card in furthest away slot, re-connected SLi.

Re-installed Windows = no difference, upated bios on mb to latest= no difference.

Is the card dead?

When I could set SLi mode the screen would go black with flashing cursor for a few seconds and then resume, is the MB bios being updated or the cards bios?

Can you reset the the card with no signal bios back to factory defaults?

Does it think its still in SLi mode or sleep mode from when the computer crashed?

Have NO SLi, moved both of my main mointors to working card, and third monitor to second card which is not working? Like I said Green light on both cards, Blue light on main card, both fans spinning o.k. No beeps or other errors. Main card gets hotter than the other no signal card.

Any ideas anybody?

Thanking you in advance.

regards,

Pices.
Hello,

My system:

Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

ASUS Striker II Formula M.B.

8 GB Ram.

2 no. GTX295 cards with SLi connector fitted.

Can someone Please help me solve this problem?

Quad SLi mode was working great on my GTX295 cards! Then installed latest drivers 257.21 then it worked for a while...

Activated SLi again in Nvidia control panel with PhysX in Auto mode, was o.k. for a while and then suddenly

machine froze, lost signal on 2 monitors on main card, only third screen active on 2nd card.

Rebooted.

Uninstalled latest drivers. Let windows install older drivers.

Still no signal on main card? Used 3rd monitor on second card for backup.

Only 2 no. GTX295 showing up instead of the previous 4 no. in device manager?

Swapped cards around on Mother Board Slot 1 to 3 and vice versa, still not luck.

Green & blue light on one card, geen light only on second card with SLi connector fitted.

Tryed each card indivdually in slot nearest the processor, one card o.k. green and blue light

The second card no signal, green light only.

Put back cards into Motherboard, but with main card in top slot next to processor and second card in furthest away slot, re-connected SLi.

Re-installed Windows = no difference, upated bios on mb to latest= no difference.

Is the card dead?

When I could set SLi mode the screen would go black with flashing cursor for a few seconds and then resume, is the MB bios being updated or the cards bios?

Can you reset the the card with no signal bios back to factory defaults?

Does it think its still in SLi mode or sleep mode from when the computer crashed?

Have NO SLi, moved both of my main mointors to working card, and third monitor to second card which is not working? Like I said Green light on both cards, Blue light on main card, both fans spinning o.k. No beeps or other errors. Main card gets hotter than the other no signal card.

Any ideas anybody?

Thanking you in advance.

regards,

Pices.

Posted 06/23/2010 12:21 PM   
Kinda the same problem with 9800GX2 in quad SLI. One moment they're working fine, then windows freezes and after reboot stuck on windows starting screen.
Reinstalled windows, with 2 cards and NO SLI bridge, I get into windows. Instal NVidia drivers and after next boot black screen after startup with 2 cards, with and without SLI bridge.
Safe mode working fine with 2 cards without SLI bridge. Only 1 card installed also boots fine.

On the second card, only the 8PIN PCI-E slot lights green, the other does nothing ( not red nor green ) but doesn't give red light on the back.

Faulty card or faulty drivers?

PC:

ASUS M4N98TD EVO
AMD PhenomXII 955 3.2GHz
Corsair HX750
16GB Kingston DDR3 1600MHz
2x 9800GX2
Samsung Spinpoint f3
Windows 7 Home premium
Kinda the same problem with 9800GX2 in quad SLI. One moment they're working fine, then windows freezes and after reboot stuck on windows starting screen.

Reinstalled windows, with 2 cards and NO SLI bridge, I get into windows. Instal NVidia drivers and after next boot black screen after startup with 2 cards, with and without SLI bridge.

Safe mode working fine with 2 cards without SLI bridge. Only 1 card installed also boots fine.

On the second card, only the 8PIN PCI-E slot lights green, the other does nothing ( not red nor green ) but doesn't give red light on the back.

PC:

ASUS M4N98TD EVO

AMD PhenomXII 955 3.2GHz

Corsair HX750

2x 9800GX2

Samsung Spinpoint f3

Windows 7 Home premium

Posted 04/14/2012 08:30 PM   
[quote name='Isocadia' date='15 April 2012 - 07:30 AM' timestamp='1334435402' post='1396414']

PC:

ASUS M4N98TD EVO
AMD PhenomXII 955 3.2GHz
Corsair HX750
2x 9800GX2
Samsung Spinpoint f3
Windows 7 Home premium
[/quote]

I read this thread and decided to check my SLI VI. It didn't work, and the VI would always revert to off. I re-installed 257.21 drivers and no improvement.
I ran the driver cleaner as noted on this forum and the only problem was in XP the ownership of files is not an option.
Anyway, I installed the 296.10 driver and the SLI Video Indicator (VI) is working fine.
[u][b]Just sayin'
[/b][/u][b] [/b][u][b]oops. Better change my sig....
[/b][/u]
[quote name='Isocadia' date='15 April 2012 - 07:30 AM' timestamp='1334435402' post='1396414']

PC:

ASUS M4N98TD EVO

AMD PhenomXII 955 3.2GHz

Corsair HX750

2x 9800GX2

Samsung Spinpoint f3

Windows 7 Home premium

I read this thread and decided to check my SLI VI. It didn't work, and the VI would always revert to off. I re-installed 257.21 drivers and no improvement.

I ran the driver cleaner as noted on this forum and the only problem was in XP the ownership of files is not an option.

Anyway, I installed the 296.10 driver and the SLI Video Indicator (VI) is working fine.

Just sayin'

oops. Better change my sig....

ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 . AMDPhenom2 X4 965(w/c)@ 3.877Ghz 8G Corsair 1600 DDR3. EVGA 670FTW, Nvidia 314.22 dr, 320g + 500g sata, win7 pro(SP1). Kandalf tower. Corsair HX850w PSU. LG Flatron W2442PA monitor. Onboard sound.

Posted 04/20/2012 01:39 AM   
Scroll To Top