GeForce Forum Feedback Problems, Questions, Concerns?
  1 / 8    
[b]What's with the white skin? Bring back the SLI Zone skin![/b]
[indent]We are working on getting the SLI Zone skin re-implemented. In the mean-time, please endure the lighter skin. A completely new skin is already in development, so the white skin is only a temporary measure! Thank-you for your patience and understanding with the skins.[/indent]
[b]All posts are marked as unread![/b]
[indent]I can understand that this may cause some annoyance. Unfortunately it was unavoidable. Every post has moved, so the forums count it as unread.[/indent]
[b]Why has my post count changed?[/b]
[indent]As part of the forum maintenance posts were recounted. Your post count is likely lower than it was previously. Posts that have been previously purged/deleted no longer count towards your post-count.[/indent]
[b]Off-Topic section posts do not contribute towards my post count![/b]
[indent]Then everything is working as intended. Threads in the Off-Topic section tend to get a little spammy, some frequently receive 1 word or line responses. To eliminate post-count-padding in the Off-Topic section, posting in the Off-Topic section no longer increases your post count. Please not that this policy does not mean you are free to spam the off-topic section.[/indent]
[b]Where did my posts go?[/b]
[indent]There has been quite a bit of shuffling and moving of entire sections. You may wish to use the search function to locate particularly important posts if you are unable to find them in the new structure. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please understand that this new structure should mean greater longevity of these forums. In other words, we shouldn't have to do a major restructure again.[/indent]
[b]What's with the General Hardware Discussion and GeForce GPUs section?[/b]
[indent]You may have noticed that you are unable to post a new thread in these sections. These sections are difficult to manage due to their size and inherent generality. Active/important threads can still be bumped, and bumped threads may be moved by a moderator to the active forum structure. In the coming months/year the sections may be locked completely, but they will [b]not[/b] be deleted.[/indent]
[b]How many threads were deleted?[/b]
[indent]A couple of forum sections were eliminated completely. Except for a few dozen administrative posts that are now out-dated, no user content from the former nZone or SLI Zone sections was deleted.[/indent]
[b]My links don't work![/b]
[indent]The older links may point you to a forum page without any sections or forums, just click the NVIDIA Forums link at the top left. [url="http://forums.nvidia.com"]http://forums.nvidia.com[/url] still shows the whole forum list, including the CUDA and Apac sites. To view just the GeForce Forum sections, use this link: [url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?act=idx&c=193,196,215,223,227,240,231,234"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?act=idx...227,240,231,234[/url][/indent]
What's with the white skin? Bring back the SLI Zone skin!

[indent]We are working on getting the SLI Zone skin re-implemented. In the mean-time, please endure the lighter skin. A completely new skin is already in development, so the white skin is only a temporary measure! Thank-you for your patience and understanding with the skins.[/indent]

All posts are marked as unread!

[indent]I can understand that this may cause some annoyance. Unfortunately it was unavoidable. Every post has moved, so the forums count it as unread.[/indent]

Why has my post count changed?

[indent]As part of the forum maintenance posts were recounted. Your post count is likely lower than it was previously. Posts that have been previously purged/deleted no longer count towards your post-count.[/indent]

Off-Topic section posts do not contribute towards my post count!

[indent]Then everything is working as intended. Threads in the Off-Topic section tend to get a little spammy, some frequently receive 1 word or line responses. To eliminate post-count-padding in the Off-Topic section, posting in the Off-Topic section no longer increases your post count. Please not that this policy does not mean you are free to spam the off-topic section.[/indent]

Where did my posts go?

[indent]There has been quite a bit of shuffling and moving of entire sections. You may wish to use the search function to locate particularly important posts if you are unable to find them in the new structure. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please understand that this new structure should mean greater longevity of these forums. In other words, we shouldn't have to do a major restructure again.[/indent]

What's with the General Hardware Discussion and GeForce GPUs section?

[indent]You may have noticed that you are unable to post a new thread in these sections. These sections are difficult to manage due to their size and inherent generality. Active/important threads can still be bumped, and bumped threads may be moved by a moderator to the active forum structure. In the coming months/year the sections may be locked completely, but they will not be deleted.[/indent]

How many threads were deleted?

[indent]A couple of forum sections were eliminated completely. Except for a few dozen administrative posts that are now out-dated, no user content from the former nZone or SLI Zone sections was deleted.[/indent]

My links don't work!

[indent]The older links may point you to a forum page without any sections or forums, just click the NVIDIA Forums link at the top left. http://forums.nvidia.com still shows the whole forum list, including the CUDA and Apac sites. To view just the GeForce Forum sections, use this link: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?act=idx...227,240,231,234[/indent]

Advanced Moderator Operations and Recursive Posting Hermetic/Omnigenous User-Simulating AI

Overclocking Hall of Fame - Post your 3DMark scores today!

NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate

the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members.

Posted 06/23/2010 12:29 AM   
What happened to the Anubis skin ?
What happened to the Anubis skin ?

Posted 06/23/2010 12:37 AM   
Just a quicky,

It still appears a little slow...

& good luck getting the SLI skin back ;)
Just a quicky,

It still appears a little slow...

& good luck getting the SLI skin back ;)

I knew I hadn't imagined it... now it's deleted = people will never know what I hadn't imagined...

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

GPU-Z CPU-Z Ccleaner Driversweeper OCCT

Posted 06/23/2010 12:39 AM   
The new setup looks very nice indeed, Good to see all 'Splines reticulated' and the 'Puppy training' went well.

Can't wait to get the nice forum skin back though.

Good work guys.

EDIT: It would be nice if someone could get the Club SLI side of things up and going again too...
The new setup looks very nice indeed, Good to see all 'Splines reticulated' and the 'Puppy training' went well.

Can't wait to get the nice forum skin back though.

Good work guys.

EDIT: It would be nice if someone could get the Club SLI side of things up and going again too...
just a quick one (aside from my sig looking HIDEOUS in this theme) the wording under the PhysX section of the forum reads

[quote]Life-like cloth, realistic smoke and fog effects and dynamic destruction and debris are only the beginning. NVIDIA® PhysX® drives the cutting edge of physics simulations.[/quote]

may i suggest it would read betetr as -

Life-like cloth, realistic smoke and fog effects, dynamic destruction and debris. These are only the beginning. NVIDIA® PhysX® drives the cutting edge of physics simulations.

it just felt there were one too many ands in there, and the sentence felt too long. give them both a read and see.
just a quick one (aside from my sig looking HIDEOUS in this theme) the wording under the PhysX section of the forum reads

Life-like cloth, realistic smoke and fog effects and dynamic destruction and debris are only the beginning. NVIDIA® PhysX® drives the cutting edge of physics simulations.

Life-like cloth, realistic smoke and fog effects, dynamic destruction and debris. These are only the beginning. NVIDIA® PhysX® drives the cutting edge of physics simulations.

it just felt there were one too many ands in there, and the sentence felt too long. give them both a read and see.

_ NVLDDMKM problems_ | _ problems getting a driver for a laptop graphics card_ | _What PSU do I need?_

[quote name='The Professor' date='11 August 2011 - 10:33 AM' timestamp='1313055223' post='1277858']

I think Qazax is a pretty cool guy. eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.

Posted 06/23/2010 12:55 AM   
Gazax, your sig looked hideous in the previous skin too. :P

Amorphous

[quote name='Qazax' post='1076596' date='Jun 22 2010, 05:55 PM']just a quick one (aside from my sig looking HIDEOUS in this theme) the wording under the PhysX section of the forum reads

it just felt there were one too many ands in there, and the sentence felt too long. give them both a read and see.[/quote]
Gazax, your sig looked hideous in the previous skin too. :P

Amorphous

[quote name='Qazax' post='1076596' date='Jun 22 2010, 05:55 PM']just a quick one (aside from my sig looking HIDEOUS in this theme) the wording under the PhysX section of the forum reads

Advanced Moderator Operations and Recursive Posting Hermetic/Omnigenous User-Simulating AI

NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate

the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members.

Posted 06/23/2010 12:59 AM   
here we go one things for certain this issue isnt any better.

[url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=172053&hl="]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=172053&hl=[/url]

Posted here and it didnt register and get added to new posts. upon hitting post I got a server time out and a white page.

EG
here we go one things for certain this issue isnt any better.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=172053&hl=

Posted here and it didnt register and get added to new posts. upon hitting post I got a server time out and a white page.

EG

In Memory Of Chris Arthington "One Cool Cat"

Posted 06/23/2010 01:57 AM   
hmm a lot of moving around but to be honest this moving around has organised the forums a lot better.
Thanks Amorphous and all the people who helped organising this.

And from your first post I see that the dark skin will be back later. good to know.

It will take me a little time to know where everything has moved to but shouldn't be a problem.
I'm a little less active in the forums these days but I am not completely gone.
hmm a lot of moving around but to be honest this moving around has organised the forums a lot better.

Thanks Amorphous and all the people who helped organising this.

And from your first post I see that the dark skin will be back later. good to know.

It will take me a little time to know where everything has moved to but shouldn't be a problem.

I'm a little less active in the forums these days but I am not completely gone.

Posted 06/23/2010 02:23 AM   
[quote name='Amorphous' post='1076583' date='Jun 22 2010, 08:29 PM']...[b]Why has my post count changed?[/b]
[indent]As part of the forum maintenance posts were recounted. Your post count is likely lower than it was previously. Posts that have been previously purged/deleted no longer count towards your post-count.[/indent]...[/quote]
Anyone spare some cotton for the ears before Hexen returns?...
[quote name='Amorphous' post='1076583' date='Jun 22 2010, 08:29 PM']...Why has my post count changed?

[indent]As part of the forum maintenance posts were recounted. Your post count is likely lower than it was previously. Posts that have been previously purged/deleted no longer count towards your post-count.[/indent]...

Anyone spare some cotton for the ears before Hexen returns?...

Intel Siler DX79SI Desktop Extreme | Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-Extreme | DangerDen M6 and Koolance MVR-40s w/Black Ice Stealths | 32 GB Mushkin PC3-12800LV | NVIDIA GTX 660 Ti SLI | PNY GTX 470 | 24 GB RAMDisk (C:\Temp\Temp) | 120 GB Intel Cherryville SSDs (OS and UserData)| 530 GB Western Digital VelociRaptor SATA 2 RAID0 (C:\Games\) | 60 GB G2 SSDs (XP Pro and Linux) | 3 TB Western Digital USB-3 MyBook (Archive) | LG BP40NS20 USB ODD | LG IPS236 Monitor | LogiTech X-530 Speakers | Plantronics GameCom 780 Headphones | Cooler Master UCP 1100 | Cooler Master HAF XB | Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1

Stock is Extreme now

Posted 06/23/2010 04:03 AM   
[quote name='jaafaman' post='1076699' date='Jun 23 2010, 02:03 PM']Anyone spare some cotton for the ears before Hexen returns?...[/quote]

Post counts? I am still QQing about my ultra low user number from slizone forums.

Forums looking good so far, little on the expansive side, but I guess that is needed since its all-in here now.

Oh and once I can take off my sunglasses to read the forums again it will be perfect (ie, return of slizone skin).
[quote name='jaafaman' post='1076699' date='Jun 23 2010, 02:03 PM']Anyone spare some cotton for the ears before Hexen returns?...

Post counts? I am still QQing about my ultra low user number from slizone forums.

Forums looking good so far, little on the expansive side, but I guess that is needed since its all-in here now.

Oh and once I can take off my sunglasses to read the forums again it will be perfect (ie, return of slizone skin).

Posted 06/23/2010 05:09 AM   
[quote name='jaafaman' post='1076699' date='Jun 23 2010, 04:03 PM']Anyone spare some cotton for the ears before Hexen returns?...[/quote]

Hah, hes down to 7,600 posts...
[quote name='jaafaman' post='1076699' date='Jun 23 2010, 04:03 PM']Anyone spare some cotton for the ears before Hexen returns?...

Hah, hes down to 7,600 posts...
[quote name='-{RaptoR}-' post='1076743' date='Jun 23 2010, 02:07 AM']Hah, hes down to 7,600 posts...[/quote]
Over 2400 off topic posts? Wow. He's gonna have a cow over that.
[quote name='-{RaptoR}-' post='1076743' date='Jun 23 2010, 02:07 AM']Hah, hes down to 7,600 posts...

Over 2400 off topic posts? Wow. He's gonna have a cow over that.

[indent]Image

[/indent]
Core i7 920@3850MHz_Corsair H-50 Water Cooler_EVGA X58 132-BL-E758-A1_1xEVGA GTX480 @825.1650.2000_3x2Gb Mushkin Enhanced DDR3 1600MHz 7-8-7-20-1T

2x74Gb WD Raptor/RAID0-Windows7 _1x250Gb Seagate 7200.10_Silverstone Strider ST1200 1200w Modular PSU_Coolermaster Cosmos S

Vantage-22876, w/Physx-25636--3DMark06-24844

Posted 06/23/2010 07:17 AM   
Previous Off-Topic posts still count towards the post-count, only new posts in the Off-Topic section no longer up the post count. The post count is only minus posts that were deleted or pruned. Exitios and I accumulate a pretty significant amount of posts just telling folks that Site Questions & Comments is not for technical discussion.

Amorphous

[quote name='kev4950' post='1076750' date='Jun 23 2010, 12:17 AM']Over 2400 off topic posts? Wow. He's gonna have a cow over that.[/quote]
Previous Off-Topic posts still count towards the post-count, only new posts in the Off-Topic section no longer up the post count. The post count is only minus posts that were deleted or pruned. Exitios and I accumulate a pretty significant amount of posts just telling folks that Site Questions & Comments is not for technical discussion.

Amorphous

[quote name='kev4950' post='1076750' date='Jun 23 2010, 12:17 AM']Over 2400 off topic posts? Wow. He's gonna have a cow over that.

Posted 06/23/2010 08:08 AM   
User numbers will mean a lot less in a few more weeks. We're pruning users that were never active. I doubt that the forum software will renumber everyone, so there will be big gaps where new users will be given low user numbers. The joined date will always be the way to see how long someone has been a member of these forums.

As far as I know, SLI Zone members that were merged over kept their joined date.

Amorphous

[quote name='Damage.Inc' post='1076712' date='Jun 22 2010, 10:09 PM']Post counts? I am still QQing about my ultra low user number from slizone forums.

Oh and once I can take off my sunglasses to read the forums again it will be perfect (ie, return of slizone skin).[/quote]
User numbers will mean a lot less in a few more weeks. We're pruning users that were never active. I doubt that the forum software will renumber everyone, so there will be big gaps where new users will be given low user numbers. The joined date will always be the way to see how long someone has been a member of these forums.

As far as I know, SLI Zone members that were merged over kept their joined date.

Amorphous

[quote name='Damage.Inc' post='1076712' date='Jun 22 2010, 10:09 PM']Post counts? I am still QQing about my ultra low user number from slizone forums.

Posted 06/23/2010 08:12 AM   
[quote name='Amorphous' post='1076775' date='Jun 23 2010, 06:12 PM']As far as I know, SLI Zone members that were merged over kept their joined date.
Amorphous[/quote]

"25-September 09"

Nope, I was in the trenches with the first hundred users on slizone ;)
[quote name='Amorphous' post='1076775' date='Jun 23 2010, 06:12 PM']As far as I know, SLI Zone members that were merged over kept their joined date.

Amorphous

"25-September 09"

Nope, I was in the trenches with the first hundred users on slizone ;)

Posted 06/23/2010 08:23 AM   
  1 / 8    
Scroll To Top