NVIDIA driver 194.94 stopped responding and has recovered
I was in Windows and twice I got:

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 194.94 stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I have tried updating the drivers to the new drivers and it told me:

NVIDIA Setup Error

The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

What do I need to do to fix this
I was in Windows and twice I got:

Display driver stopped responding and has recovered

Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 194.94 stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I have tried updating the drivers to the new drivers and it told me:

NVIDIA Setup Error

The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

What do I need to do to fix this

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

Posted 06/17/2010 05:18 AM   
read the GForce driver installtion guide sticky at the top of this forum page
read the GForce driver installtion guide sticky at the top of this forum page

ImageImage

Join the NVidia Forum Team - Please Help Medical Research - Folding@home

Posted 06/17/2010 05:46 AM   
[quote name='Xavier Zepherios' post='1074859' date='Jun 17 2010, 01:46 AM']read the GForce driver installtion guide sticky at the top of this forum page[/quote]

I have and it does not work

Does anyone have a solution that does work
[quote name='Xavier Zepherios' post='1074859' date='Jun 17 2010, 01:46 AM']read the GForce driver installtion guide sticky at the top of this forum page

I have and it does not work

Does anyone have a solution that does work

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

Posted 06/17/2010 06:34 AM   
I am still having issues
I am still having issues

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

Posted 06/17/2010 08:05 PM   
[quote name='SthrnDixieCwgrl' post='1075157' date='Jun 17 2010, 04:05 PM']I am still having issues[/quote]

Now this proves that NVIDIA is right up there with Hewlett-Packard with the WORST technical support.

Why make driver updates if you are not able to install them.
[quote name='SthrnDixieCwgrl' post='1075157' date='Jun 17 2010, 04:05 PM']I am still having issues

Now this proves that NVIDIA is right up there with Hewlett-Packard with the WORST technical support.

Why make driver updates if you are not able to install them.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

Posted 06/19/2010 08:29 PM   
This is a user to user help forum

NVidia does not provide support

contact your video card's manufacturer for support...(EVGA,PNY,ASUS,ZOTAC,PALIT,GIGABYTE,etc)
or contact your OEM manufacturer (like dell or HP)
they are the ones that are suppose to provide it and they are the ones that are suppose to provide the drivers

Now having said that

read this thread at toms hardware on the issue

some solutions there
[url="http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/248200-33-system-modified-installing-nvidia-drivers"]http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/248200-3...-nvidia-drivers[/url]

the issue is admin rights and registry keys
if the installer thinks you have a driver in that is current or can't overwrite because it's protected by admin rights
it won't install

so this is a windows issue (OS problem)
This is a user to user help forum

contact your video card's manufacturer for support...(EVGA,PNY,ASUS,ZOTAC,PALIT,GIGABYTE,etc)

they are the ones that are suppose to provide it and they are the ones that are suppose to provide the drivers

Now having said that

some solutions there

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/248200-3...-nvidia-drivers

if the installer thinks you have a driver in that is current or can't overwrite because it's protected by admin rights

it won't install

ImageImage

Posted 06/19/2010 08:49 PM   
[quote name='Xavier Zepherios' post='1076106' date='Jun 19 2010, 04:49 PM']This is a user to user help forum

Now having said that

some solutions there
[url="http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/248200-33-system-modified-installing-nvidia-drivers"]http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/248200-3...-nvidia-drivers[/url]

it won't install

so this is a windows issue (OS problem)[/quote]

I hate to tell you this but Apple is not going to provide updates for a Microsoft operating system so this is not an option so nvidia needs to find a way to fix this
[quote name='Xavier Zepherios' post='1076106' date='Jun 19 2010, 04:49 PM']This is a user to user help forum

Now having said that

some solutions there

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/248200-3...-nvidia-drivers

it won't install

I hate to tell you this but Apple is not going to provide updates for a Microsoft operating system so this is not an option so nvidia needs to find a way to fix this

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

Posted 06/20/2010 02:38 AM   
The "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" error is a TDR error

A TDR is no big deal..they happen once in awhile
it only becomes an issue if it's frequent or when you run specific programs like games or paint programs

read the link on TDR's
TDR are cause by a number of issues including driver conflicts
(since you have an apple...getting motherboard drivers for windows would be an issue)

Did you try anything from the link I provide from tom's hardware?
if you are tired and give up and don't want to do it yourself
Then take it to a shop...they can have the headaches of fixing it up
so it costs you $100...
That's what you would do to a car under warrenty take it to a qualified service location
same should go for a computer

think of it just like a car that cost money to maintain

As for the drivers....drivers take time to write...be patient
(what is it with this generation that wants things lickity split?...like they would drop everything to solve 1 persons issues ahead of someone elses... The ME generation)

NO OFFENSE HERE...didn't mean it like that... I just have to mention it because a lot of this new generation are the same way....in a rush.. don't be... it will help you more
by not offending the people here trying to help you by not dissing Nvidia

also don't expect the next drivers to be free of errors... NO SOFTWARE BUILT TODAY IS FREE OF PROBLEMS...remember that

ATI(for their cards) is no better either from my own experience for support... so you take your lumps either way

Support is up to the card manufacturer.. or motherboard manufacturer if Integrated graphics card... they built the card/board
if you have a apple desktop or notepad... then you already took the risk of putting a different OS on then what they will support

Also if this really is a windows issue you think Nvidia is responsible for fixing that?
that's like asking microsoft to fix apple OS or vice versa

We all try to help here...im trying with you...try the link from toms hardware

it's kind of hard to help someone with basic understanding
...it's like someone who doesn't know how to fix an engine/or what the parts are telling in basic terms telling us it just went "sput sput and conked out"
and then expecting us to understand what's going on and fix it

All we can do is try other methods and procedures that have worked in similiar situations...from trial and error

It also be helpful to collect as much info as possible on issue and post minidumps when the drivers crash

that's why we usually ask for system specs (all the hardware info of your machine)
and ask users to update the other drivers on their computer as well (or roll them back, or disable some, or modify one..like for x38 chipset)
this all depends on the system specs

re-read this thread too...where you posted...where another user has a different fix
[url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=171959"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=171959[/url]
The "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" error is a TDR error

A TDR is no big deal..they happen once in awhile

it only becomes an issue if it's frequent or when you run specific programs like games or paint programs

read the link on TDR's

TDR are cause by a number of issues including driver conflicts

(since you have an apple...getting motherboard drivers for windows would be an issue)

Did you try anything from the link I provide from tom's hardware?

if you are tired and give up and don't want to do it yourself

Then take it to a shop...they can have the headaches of fixing it up

so it costs you $100...

That's what you would do to a car under warrenty take it to a qualified service location

same should go for a computer

think of it just like a car that cost money to maintain

As for the drivers....drivers take time to write...be patient

(what is it with this generation that wants things lickity split?...like they would drop everything to solve 1 persons issues ahead of someone elses... The ME generation)

NO OFFENSE HERE...didn't mean it like that... I just have to mention it because a lot of this new generation are the same way....in a rush.. don't be... it will help you more

by not offending the people here trying to help you by not dissing Nvidia

also don't expect the next drivers to be free of errors... NO SOFTWARE BUILT TODAY IS FREE OF PROBLEMS...remember that

ATI(for their cards) is no better either from my own experience for support... so you take your lumps either way

Support is up to the card manufacturer.. or motherboard manufacturer if Integrated graphics card... they built the card/board

if you have a apple desktop or notepad... then you already took the risk of putting a different OS on then what they will support

Also if this really is a windows issue you think Nvidia is responsible for fixing that?

that's like asking microsoft to fix apple OS or vice versa

We all try to help here...im trying with you...try the link from toms hardware

it's kind of hard to help someone with basic understanding

...it's like someone who doesn't know how to fix an engine/or what the parts are telling in basic terms telling us it just went "sput sput and conked out"

and then expecting us to understand what's going on and fix it

All we can do is try other methods and procedures that have worked in similiar situations...from trial and error

It also be helpful to collect as much info as possible on issue and post minidumps when the drivers crash

that's why we usually ask for system specs (all the hardware info of your machine)

and ask users to update the other drivers on their computer as well (or roll them back, or disable some, or modify one..like for x38 chipset)

this all depends on the system specs

re-read this thread too...where you posted...where another user has a different fix

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=171959

ImageImage

Posted 06/20/2010 04:21 AM   
Scroll To Top