Not happy... I want to remove NVIDIA HD audio driver, how do I do it? How do I remove NVIDIA HD audi
With NVIDIA HD Audio installed, my headset microphone does not work. I want to uninstall i, but every time I do it through the device manager, it reinstalls. How do I uninstall it permanently?
With NVIDIA HD Audio installed, my headset microphone does not work. I want to uninstall i, but every time I do it through the device manager, it reinstalls. How do I uninstall it permanently?

Posted 06/13/2010 11:03 AM   
[quote name='Immigrant88' post='1072727' date='Jun 13 2010, 08:03 AM']With NVIDIA HD Audio installed, my headset microphone does not work. I want to uninstall i, but every time I do it through the device manager, it reinstalls. How do I uninstall it permanently?[/quote]
I'd bet the problem is for some reason the HD audio device became your default recording or communications audio device.
You should check this in the sound settings in Windows' control panel.

If you really needed to remove the driver, I don't know a way, but you can try not installing it in the first place.
Remove the display driver, then run the installation, let it decompress to a folder, and then when the installer with the grey background launches, quit it.
Go to the folder where the driver decompressed, delete the hdaudio installer and then run setup.exe from that folder.
[quote name='Immigrant88' post='1072727' date='Jun 13 2010, 08:03 AM']With NVIDIA HD Audio installed, my headset microphone does not work. I want to uninstall i, but every time I do it through the device manager, it reinstalls. How do I uninstall it permanently?

I'd bet the problem is for some reason the HD audio device became your default recording or communications audio device.

If you really needed to remove the driver, I don't know a way, but you can try not installing it in the first place.

Remove the display driver, then run the installation, let it decompress to a folder, and then when the installer with the grey background launches, quit it.

Go to the folder where the driver decompressed, delete the hdaudio installer and then run setup.exe from that folder.

Gigabyte 790XTA-UD4 mobo

Phenom II X4 @ 3.2GHz (stock)

2x 2 GB GSkill RipJaws DDR3 1600MHz

eVGA GeForce GTX470

1 TB Samsung Spinpoint F3

DVD-RW + BD-ROM

Thermaltake TR2 600W PSU

Samsung C7000 46" 3D LED TV over HDMI

Denon 1612 AVR over HDMI

Klipsch HD Theater 1000 speaker system

Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Posted 06/13/2010 04:32 PM   
[quote name='Immigrant88' post='1072727' date='Jun 13 2010, 08:03 AM']With NVIDIA HD Audio installed, my headset microphone does not work. I want to uninstall i, but every time I do it through the device manager, it reinstalls. How do I uninstall it permanently?[/quote]

[quote name='Immigrant88' post='1072727' date='Jun 13 2010, 08:03 AM']With NVIDIA HD Audio installed, my headset microphone does not work. I want to uninstall i, but every time I do it through the device manager, it reinstalls. How do I uninstall it permanently?

Gigabyte 790XTA-UD4 mobo

eVGA GeForce GTX470

DVD-RW + BD-ROM

Thermaltake TR2 600W PSU

Denon 1612 AVR over HDMI

Posted 06/13/2010 04:45 PM   

Gigabyte 790XTA-UD4 mobo

eVGA GeForce GTX470

DVD-RW + BD-ROM

Thermaltake TR2 600W PSU

Denon 1612 AVR over HDMI

Posted 06/13/2010 04:48 PM