GTX 295 problems :(
I have two GTX 295s one from ebay and the second from a member here. Card A works on its own when card B is not in the system or when my monitor is connected to card A and Quad SLI is not enabled. When Quad SLI is enabled of I am hooked up to card B and I load a round of BFBC:2 I get a white screen crash and can not do anything. Also when I open CS4 it freezes as well. I tried driver sweeper and a windows safe mode cleaning of the old drivers went from 197.13 to 197.45 and even tried the 197.77 drivers and still the same problem. I had a different card before, that did work somewhat in SLI but seemed to have a problem with the RAM so I sent it back to the seller and got this card B which seems to have even worse problems. Any idea how I can correct this problem? I do not want to have to send this card back to the seller as this is already the second card.

Thanks,
Kyle

EVGA GTX295 red edition (2 of them)
i7-920 OC'd to 3.99 GHz
CORSAIR XMS3 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Antec True Power Quattro 1200 (TPQ 1200)
2x OCZ Technology 60 GB Vertex Turbo Series RAID-0
ASUS P6T Deluxe V2
Windows 7 Pro
I have two GTX 295s one from ebay and the second from a member here. Card A works on its own when card B is not in the system or when my monitor is connected to card A and Quad SLI is not enabled. When Quad SLI is enabled of I am hooked up to card B and I load a round of BFBC:2 I get a white screen crash and can not do anything. Also when I open CS4 it freezes as well. I tried driver sweeper and a windows safe mode cleaning of the old drivers went from 197.13 to 197.45 and even tried the 197.77 drivers and still the same problem. I had a different card before, that did work somewhat in SLI but seemed to have a problem with the RAM so I sent it back to the seller and got this card B which seems to have even worse problems. Any idea how I can correct this problem? I do not want to have to send this card back to the seller as this is already the second card.

Thanks,

Kyle

EVGA GTX295 red edition (2 of them)

i7-920 OC'd to 3.99 GHz

CORSAIR XMS3 12GB (6 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

Antec True Power Quattro 1200 (TPQ 1200)

2x OCZ Technology 60 GB Vertex Turbo Series RAID-0

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2

Windows 7 Pro

Posted 06/13/2010 04:52 AM   
you could have driver conflicts

adobe software drivers could have an issue with the new drivers...According to MS
so when you run adobe it hangs

try updating your network drivers
I just fixed a SLI system for another user with a driver conflict there
older realtek network drivers have an conflict/issue with the Nvidia drivers

in fact update your Motherboard drivers
just be aware that any of the motherboard drivers may cause the issue

also if note...New beta driver may be coming out next week....comes from post, in a thread from Nvidia tech support

also run tests on the new card to make sure it's not nackered
you could have driver conflicts

adobe software drivers could have an issue with the new drivers...According to MS

so when you run adobe it hangs

try updating your network drivers

I just fixed a SLI system for another user with a driver conflict there

older realtek network drivers have an conflict/issue with the Nvidia drivers

in fact update your Motherboard drivers

just be aware that any of the motherboard drivers may cause the issue

also if note...New beta driver may be coming out next week....comes from post, in a thread from Nvidia tech support

also run tests on the new card to make sure it's not nackered

ImageImage

Join the NVidia Forum Team - Please Help Medical Research - Folding@home

Posted 06/13/2010 05:10 AM   
It has worked before in Quad SLI with a different card without crashing to a white screen in BFBC:2 or locking up in CS4. I sent the previous card back because of the problem depicted in the video below (believed to be from bad ram) and the seller was kind enough to replaced it with another card. Unfortunately the second card has the a fore mentioned problems.

[url="http://s78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/HunterKyle/?action=view&current=video-2010-05-26-14-04-55.mp4"][img]http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/HunterKyle/th_video-2010-05-26-14-04-55.jpg[/img][/url]
It has worked before in Quad SLI with a different card without crashing to a white screen in BFBC:2 or locking up in CS4. I sent the previous card back because of the problem depicted in the video below (believed to be from bad ram) and the seller was kind enough to replaced it with another card. Unfortunately the second card has the a fore mentioned problems.

Posted 06/13/2010 05:58 PM   
Nothing? I am wondering if maybe I need to send the card in, or do I just use it as a paper weight?
Nothing? I am wondering if maybe I need to send the card in, or do I just use it as a paper weight?

Posted 06/27/2010 06:10 PM   
test the cards in another system
if it works then issue is with your setup
if it doesn't the card maybe borked...contact vendor
test the cards in another system

if it works then issue is with your setup

if it doesn't the card maybe borked...contact vendor

ImageImage

Join the NVidia Forum Team - Please Help Medical Research - Folding@home

Posted 06/28/2010 12:41 AM   
!FIXED!

Step 1:
Download this older driver from:
http://wikidrivers.com/wiki/Realtek_LAN_7.027

Step 2:
Extract file, and open setup.exe, click "remove", and ok.

Step 3:
Re-launch setup.exe and install.

Step 4:
Reboot, and SLI will be fixed. DO NOT UPDATE TO NEWER REALTEK DRIVERS. :)
!FIXED!

Step 1:

Download this older driver from:

http://wikidrivers.com/wiki/Realtek_LAN_7.027

Step 2:

Extract file, and open setup.exe, click "remove", and ok.

Step 3:

Re-launch setup.exe and install.

Step 4:

Reboot, and SLI will be fixed. DO NOT UPDATE TO NEWER REALTEK DRIVERS. :)

Posted 02/27/2012 09:12 AM   
Scroll To Top