Maya 2011 and GTX 470 laggy selection problem
Hello people, just as the title says, I am having a "laggy selection" problem with my new GTX 470 and Maya 2011, I5 Processor, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64bit.

This laggy selection problem lies in Maya´s viewport. i.e. : you select a sphere with a manipulator activated, then select on any other part of the viewport and try to orbit per say, it seems as if it jumped some frames. Same happens viceversa.

Practically the problem is that whenever I select anything in the viewport, then try to orbit quickly when selecting nothing in the viewport, I get this frame jump.

Needless to say, I have tried ALL of the drivers available at nvidia and guru3d.com as well with no luck. Also, I have already modified Maya´s Environment File with MAYA_NO_VERTEX_ARRAY_SELECT = 1 and
MAYA_GEFORCE_SKIP_OVERLAY = 1 with no luck.

And finally, I have already tweaked Nvidia Control Panel´s "Multi Display/ Mixed-GPU Acceleration" and "Threaded Optimization" as well.

I hope someone could help me out, this is VERY annoying.

Thanks in advance.
Hello people, just as the title says, I am having a "laggy selection" problem with my new GTX 470 and Maya 2011, I5 Processor, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64bit.

This laggy selection problem lies in Maya´s viewport. i.e. : you select a sphere with a manipulator activated, then select on any other part of the viewport and try to orbit per say, it seems as if it jumped some frames. Same happens viceversa.

Practically the problem is that whenever I select anything in the viewport, then try to orbit quickly when selecting nothing in the viewport, I get this frame jump.

Needless to say, I have tried ALL of the drivers available at nvidia and guru3d.com as well with no luck. Also, I have already modified Maya´s Environment File with MAYA_NO_VERTEX_ARRAY_SELECT = 1 and

MAYA_GEFORCE_SKIP_OVERLAY = 1 with no luck.

And finally, I have already tweaked Nvidia Control Panel´s "Multi Display/ Mixed-GPU Acceleration" and "Threaded Optimization" as well.

I hope someone could help me out, this is VERY annoying.

Thanks in advance.

Posted 06/13/2010 01:42 AM   
Guys, anyone out there with a little help? Could this be a bad BIOS setting or something? I have an INTEL I5 DH55HC board with latest drivers.

Thanks in advance.
Guys, anyone out there with a little help? Could this be a bad BIOS setting or something? I have an INTEL I5 DH55HC board with latest drivers.

Thanks in advance.

Posted 06/14/2010 04:34 PM   
Hey,

I had the same problem with my HP elitebook workstation running a mobile quadro 770M FX... I've finaly found a solution to this issue by downloading and installing the Maya 2011 hotfix 2. Now maya works perfectly! Hope it'll work for you.
Hey,

I had the same problem with my HP elitebook workstation running a mobile quadro 770M FX... I've finaly found a solution to this issue by downloading and installing the Maya 2011 hotfix 2. Now maya works perfectly! Hope it'll work for you.

Posted 07/09/2010 02:57 PM   
Scroll To Top