nvidia Geforce 8600 gt can't use dual monitor
  1 / 2    
I've done many many hours of research (including 5hours with hp tech support) and cannot find the answer. Hopefully someone here can help me. I have a hp m9250f computer with a nvidia Geforce 8600 gt with one DVI output and one HDMI output. I have been using my Samsung Syncmaster 171s, which has a VGA

input, through the DVI output, using a DVI to VGA adapter. I was recently given a NEC AccuSync LCD9v and bought a HDMI to VGA cable. Currently I have the NEC connected via DVI to VGA, and the Samsung connected via HDMI to VGA. I am running Windows 7 64 bit and have uninstalled and updated all my drivers. My computer detects both monitors and I extended my Desktop, using my NEC as the main display.

**Here's the problem. There is no display on my Samsung. the monitors only says 'no connection', but I can still move windows over to the other monitor, and my computer detects it. The two monitors behave like they're working as multiple monitors, but there's display on the Samsung.

I also Restarted the computer with only the HDMI to VGA connected to one monitor, and there's still no display. My HDMI port doesn't seem to output any type of display. I've also tried adjusting the resolutions, and switching the monitors. Still only the DVI to VGA displays, while the HDMI to VGA does not. I've tried switching the 'main monitor' and still only the DVI to VGA displays.

I'm out of ideas. Please help. thank you

Peter
I've done many many hours of research (including 5hours with hp tech support) and cannot find the answer. Hopefully someone here can help me. I have a hp m9250f computer with a nvidia Geforce 8600 gt with one DVI output and one HDMI output. I have been using my Samsung Syncmaster 171s, which has a VGA

input, through the DVI output, using a DVI to VGA adapter. I was recently given a NEC AccuSync LCD9v and bought a HDMI to VGA cable. Currently I have the NEC connected via DVI to VGA, and the Samsung connected via HDMI to VGA. I am running Windows 7 64 bit and have uninstalled and updated all my drivers. My computer detects both monitors and I extended my Desktop, using my NEC as the main display.

**Here's the problem. There is no display on my Samsung. the monitors only says 'no connection', but I can still move windows over to the other monitor, and my computer detects it. The two monitors behave like they're working as multiple monitors, but there's display on the Samsung.

I also Restarted the computer with only the HDMI to VGA connected to one monitor, and there's still no display. My HDMI port doesn't seem to output any type of display. I've also tried adjusting the resolutions, and switching the monitors. Still only the DVI to VGA displays, while the HDMI to VGA does not. I've tried switching the 'main monitor' and still only the DVI to VGA displays.

Peter

Posted 06/08/2010 09:01 PM   
Dear Peter,

did you try several different HDMI cables?

regards,

Theo

[quote name='Peter1122' post='1070366' date='Jun 8 2010, 11:01 PM']I've done many many hours of research (including 5hours with hp tech support) and cannot find the answer. Hopefully someone here can help me. I have a hp m9250f computer with a nvidia Geforce 8600 gt with one DVI output and one HDMI output. I have been using my Samsung Syncmaster 171s, which has a VGA

Peter[/quote]
Dear Peter,

regards,

Theo

[quote name='Peter1122' post='1070366' date='Jun 8 2010, 11:01 PM']I've done many many hours of research (including 5hours with hp tech support) and cannot find the answer. Hopefully someone here can help me. I have a hp m9250f computer with a nvidia Geforce 8600 gt with one DVI output and one HDMI output. I have been using my Samsung Syncmaster 171s, which has a VGA

Peter

Posted 07/14/2010 08:32 AM   
[quote name='Peursum' date='14 July 2010 - 12:32 AM' timestamp='1279096353' post='1087741']
Dear Peter,

regards,

Theo
[/quote]

I am having the same exact problem. I tried 3 different cables and still not getting a signal.

Im running the nvidia geforce 7150 / nvidia nforce 630i

[url="http://www.jamesdouglas.info"]james douglas[/url]
[quote name='Peursum' date='14 July 2010 - 12:32 AM' timestamp='1279096353' post='1087741']

Dear Peter,

regards,

Theo

I am having the same exact problem. I tried 3 different cables and still not getting a signal.

james douglas

Posted 11/17/2010 04:14 PM   
Dear Peter,

regards,

Theo
[/quote]

[url="http://www.jamesdouglas.info"]james douglas[/url]

Dear Peter,

regards,

Theo

james douglas

Posted 11/17/2010 04:14 PM   
I'm having the same issue with the 8600 GT. I've tried several cables & configurations with no success.
I'm having the same issue with the 8600 GT. I've tried several cables & configurations with no success.

Posted 12/08/2010 11:18 PM   
I just found the same problem today with GF7600GT. Dual monitor not working with Nvidia driver. If I remove Nvidia driver and let Windows use its own driver, I am able to get a simple cloned screen. I have tried previous drivers, still no luck.
It died yesterday when I remoted desktoped into my computer (from another computer) and I did a screen swap from the other computer.
Bizzare!
Hope someone can help.
Thanks, Dan.
I just found the same problem today with GF7600GT. Dual monitor not working with Nvidia driver. If I remove Nvidia driver and let Windows use its own driver, I am able to get a simple cloned screen. I have tried previous drivers, still no luck.

It died yesterday when I remoted desktoped into my computer (from another computer) and I did a screen swap from the other computer.

Bizzare!

Hope someone can help.

Thanks, Dan.

Posted 12/15/2010 01:48 AM   
Any news about this issue?

The problem startet a couple of weeks ago. I was able to get the second montior to work by disconnecting it and wait for the card to shift everything back onto the primary screen then reconnect and configure secondary screen to work as extended desktop and primary scrren.

It has slowly developed from a couple of minutes of hazzle up to an hour - now I can't trick it anymore.

I've tried to update to the newest drivers, I've tried removing drivers and install with the original (and working drivers) but all to no avail.

Screen operation is not smooth until I kill nvsvc32.exe in Taskmanager but It doesn't make the secondary screen active.

Hope this is usefull for someone to figure out a solution
Any news about this issue?

The problem startet a couple of weeks ago. I was able to get the second montior to work by disconnecting it and wait for the card to shift everything back onto the primary screen then reconnect and configure secondary screen to work as extended desktop and primary scrren.

It has slowly developed from a couple of minutes of hazzle up to an hour - now I can't trick it anymore.

I've tried to update to the newest drivers, I've tried removing drivers and install with the original (and working drivers) but all to no avail.

Screen operation is not smooth until I kill nvsvc32.exe in Taskmanager but It doesn't make the secondary screen active.

Hope this is usefull for someone to figure out a solution

Posted 02/13/2011 09:30 AM   
Just a strange finding

I'm using a Syncmaster 2493HM on the DVI output. I noticed that i was forced into power saving mode during boot up - even the panel buttons were disabled. Impossible to unlock.

Connected the screen to another PC and the monitor came alive even before POST was completed.

Put it back on the Geforce 8600GT and it remained active!

Is this a problem relating all the way back to problems in BIOS e.g. ACPI?
Just a strange finding

I'm using a Syncmaster 2493HM on the DVI output. I noticed that i was forced into power saving mode during boot up - even the panel buttons were disabled. Impossible to unlock.

Connected the screen to another PC and the monitor came alive even before POST was completed.

Put it back on the Geforce 8600GT and it remained active!

Is this a problem relating all the way back to problems in BIOS e.g. ACPI?

Posted 02/13/2011 12:00 PM   
when i hook up my dell 1720 inspiron (with 8600m card) via the pc cable to my sony bravia 37ex503 tv it automatically sets itself to a lower resolution and i have to open up the nvidia control panel and switch it to the 1080p setting to make it full screen intested of a box. this 1080 setting has native next to it so i would have though it would go to this automatically. is there any setting i can do so when i plug the cable in, whilst the pc is already on, it can save the setting to go to the native setting straight away so i dont have to change it everytime?
when i hook up my dell 1720 inspiron (with 8600m card) via the pc cable to my sony bravia 37ex503 tv it automatically sets itself to a lower resolution and i have to open up the nvidia control panel and switch it to the 1080p setting to make it full screen intested of a box. this 1080 setting has native next to it so i would have though it would go to this automatically. is there any setting i can do so when i plug the cable in, whilst the pc is already on, it can save the setting to go to the native setting straight away so i dont have to change it everytime?

Posted 06/07/2011 10:16 PM   
Anyone find a fix? I have had the same issue with my Acer and neither Acer nor Nvidia has responded.
Anyone find a fix? I have had the same issue with my Acer and neither Acer nor Nvidia has responded.

Posted 06/09/2011 03:28 AM   
I have the exact same problem and can completely verify it is not the screens, cables, or the computer in any way. I was using an ATI HD 3450 and it was hooked up to two monitors on this computer. All working for the past year. I then found my 8600 GT card. I un-installed the ATI drivers completely shut-down and installed the 8600 GT. After rebooting and installing the latest nvidia drivers I only have one working display. Nvidia settings shows that I have two monitors. It even detected the correct model and manufacturer of my two displays. However, it only displays on One screen.

This is totally frustrating please help.
I have the exact same problem and can completely verify it is not the screens, cables, or the computer in any way. I was using an ATI HD 3450 and it was hooked up to two monitors on this computer. All working for the past year. I then found my 8600 GT card. I un-installed the ATI drivers completely shut-down and installed the 8600 GT. After rebooting and installing the latest nvidia drivers I only have one working display. Nvidia settings shows that I have two monitors. It even detected the correct model and manufacturer of my two displays. However, it only displays on One screen.

This is totally frustrating please help.

Posted 11/07/2011 02:24 AM   
kteach seems to prove that Nvidia has passed out a large amount of products with shoddy S-video ports. All the symptoms always point to hardware. I know on both my PCs that have Geforce 9500 GTs they both see the TV connected to them, yet refuse to function with them. There are two different threads that stick out on this board. Both with 5000+ views, and no answers. Both with pretty much the same issue. Glad to see the Nvidia's customer support dropping the ball...not really.
kteach seems to prove that Nvidia has passed out a large amount of products with shoddy S-video ports. All the symptoms always point to hardware. I know on both my PCs that have Geforce 9500 GTs they both see the TV connected to them, yet refuse to function with them. There are two different threads that stick out on this board. Both with 5000+ views, and no answers. Both with pretty much the same issue. Glad to see the Nvidia's customer support dropping the ball...not really.

Posted 11/09/2011 03:33 AM   
Hi people,

I had the same problem witm my Nvidia 8600GT. I have one DVI and one HDMI connection and using an Acer screen (G245HQ, HDMI) and a packard bell screen (L9VB4, VGA)

A few months ago i orderd and installed Driverscanner 2012 (from uniblue.com).
Okay, I had to pay for it, but after reading this forum and troubling with the same problem I decieded to run driverscanner again.

And somehow, after a few driver updates my second screen is working.

So maybe this is a solution for you too guys (and girls).
(I dont wanna make any commercial, i am not working for this site).

Good luck

Kind regard,

Spyrootjuh
Hi people,

I had the same problem witm my Nvidia 8600GT. I have one DVI and one HDMI connection and using an Acer screen (G245HQ, HDMI) and a packard bell screen (L9VB4, VGA)

A few months ago i orderd and installed Driverscanner 2012 (from uniblue.com).

Okay, I had to pay for it, but after reading this forum and troubling with the same problem I decieded to run driverscanner again.

And somehow, after a few driver updates my second screen is working.

So maybe this is a solution for you too guys (and girls).

(I dont wanna make any commercial, i am not working for this site).

Good luck

Kind regard,

Spyrootjuh

Posted 05/06/2012 08:16 AM   
HI all,

sorry it's might be different subject we talking about but I have Geforce 8600 GT dual and I just find out that only one of them works and I have no idea what can be wrong with it.

I checked both cards on them own and they working okay soon's I connect them together so then only one of the works (HELP ME PLEASE)
HI all,

sorry it's might be different subject we talking about but I have Geforce 8600 GT dual and I just find out that only one of them works and I have no idea what can be wrong with it.

I checked both cards on them own and they working okay soon's I connect them together so then only one of the works (HELP ME PLEASE)

Posted 05/07/2012 12:05 PM   
With my 8600GT if I totally remove all Nvidia drivers and use the Windows drivers I can get cloned or dual screens. However, my 3D performance is terrible. Recently I found an old driver (275 something). I tried that and success! I have dual screens again.

There may be other issues for many of the people here, but I would strongly suggest that there is a driver issue. That is software, not hardware.
With my 8600GT if I totally remove all Nvidia drivers and use the Windows drivers I can get cloned or dual screens. However, my 3D performance is terrible. Recently I found an old driver (275 something). I tried that and success! I have dual screens again.

There may be other issues for many of the people here, but I would strongly suggest that there is a driver issue. That is software, not hardware.

Posted 05/07/2012 01:23 PM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top