Monitor and View GPU usage
  1 / 2    
Hi,

We are writing some software that uses the graphics card fairly intensely and we would like to monitor the processing and RAM usage of the graphics card.

We will be using two cards in the computer and would like to monitor them both.

Is there any software or tools out there that would allow us to monitor the processing and RAM usage of our two NVIDIA graphics cards?

Thanks,

Moinkey
Hi,

We are writing some software that uses the graphics card fairly intensely and we would like to monitor the processing and RAM usage of the graphics card.

Is there any software or tools out there that would allow us to monitor the processing and RAM usage of our two NVIDIA graphics cards?

Thanks,

Moinkey

Posted 06/05/2010 03:01 AM   
[quote name='moinkey2' post='1068378' date='Jun 4 2010, 08:01 PM']Hi,

Thanks,

Moinkey[/quote]
you can download EVGA precision and this will allow you to monitor your core, shader and memory clock speeds. it will also allow you to monitor what percentage of the GPU is being utilized as well as the tempurature of each GPU individually. now this wont give you a percentage for shader, core and memory useage individually but it will give you an overall percentage of how much of your GPU power is being used for each GPU. wow i said GPU a lot in that reply haha.
[quote name='moinkey2' post='1068378' date='Jun 4 2010, 08:01 PM']Hi,

Thanks,

Moinkey

you can download EVGA precision and this will allow you to monitor your core, shader and memory clock speeds. it will also allow you to monitor what percentage of the GPU is being utilized as well as the tempurature of each GPU individually. now this wont give you a percentage for shader, core and memory useage individually but it will give you an overall percentage of how much of your GPU power is being used for each GPU. wow i said GPU a lot in that reply haha.

Posted 06/05/2010 03:09 AM   
I see that EVGA give you temp and lots of clock speeds - but this doesnt cover RAM usage. It is possible that our program stores RAM in the graphics RAM and a build up causes errors in our software. Being able to view the RAM usage is important for us.

Is there software that allows us to see the RAM being used on the graphics card?
I see that EVGA give you temp and lots of clock speeds - but this doesnt cover RAM usage. It is possible that our program stores RAM in the graphics RAM and a build up causes errors in our software. Being able to view the RAM usage is important for us.

Is there software that allows us to see the RAM being used on the graphics card?

Posted 06/05/2010 03:36 AM   
yes it does cover ram usage
yes it does cover ram usage

Posted 06/05/2010 03:40 AM   
if you double click in the monitoring section it will open up another little window with all the things it monitors.
if you double click in the monitoring section it will open up another little window with all the things it monitors.

Posted 06/05/2010 03:41 AM   
Try GPUZ and use the sensor tab at the top it will monitor the memory usage.

EG
Try GPUZ and use the sensor tab at the top it will monitor the memory usage.

EG

In Memory Of Chris Arthington "One Cool Cat"

Posted 06/05/2010 03:41 AM   
oh and as my little friend found out......in EVGA precision you just need to enable the memory moitoring. Click on the little wrench button and uner the monitoring tab you can enable/disable call kinds of things. You can even have the information show on screen, etc.
oh and as my little friend found out......in EVGA precision you just need to enable the memory moitoring. Click on the little wrench button and uner the monitoring tab you can enable/disable call kinds of things. You can even have the information show on screen, etc.

Posted 06/05/2010 03:51 AM   
[img]http://theskippyreview.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/facepalm1.jpg[/img]

In Memory Of Chris Arthington "One Cool Cat"

Posted 06/05/2010 03:55 AM   
[quote name='ExtremeGrandpa' post='1068400' date='Jun 4 2010, 08:55 PM'][img]http://theskippyreview.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/facepalm1.jpg[/img]
...[/quote]

[size=7]Forehead Double Palm FTW!!![/size]
[quote name='ExtremeGrandpa' post='1068400' date='Jun 4 2010, 08:55 PM']Image

Forehead Double Palm FTW!!!

Posted 06/05/2010 03:59 AM   
"and as my little friend found out......in EVGA precision you just need to enable the memory moitoring. Click on the little wrench button and uner the monitoring tab you can enable/disable call kinds of things."

Hi,

What kind of things? all i see is different MHz sensing and frame rate. I dont see the option for RAM usage in MBs. I went through all the options and could not find it. Am I missing something?

Cheers
"and as my little friend found out......in EVGA precision you just need to enable the memory moitoring. Click on the little wrench button and uner the monitoring tab you can enable/disable call kinds of things."

Hi,

What kind of things? all i see is different MHz sensing and frame rate. I dont see the option for RAM usage in MBs. I went through all the options and could not find it. Am I missing something?

Cheers

Posted 06/05/2010 04:41 AM   
you said "ram usage of of our two NVIDIA graphics cards"

You didn't say memory usage on the mohterboard.

for motherboard memory usage you can just go to the windows system monitor.
you said "ram usage of of our two NVIDIA graphics cards"

You didn't say memory usage on the mohterboard.

for motherboard memory usage you can just go to the windows system monitor.

Posted 06/05/2010 04:44 AM   
So RAM usage of two NVIDIA cards are measured in MHz?

From what I understood the GPU's have their own memory (in MBs) and when doing graphics processing it uses this MB space. So when your watching a video you will see MBs go up and when u close it u will see MBs go down. (GPU RAM not mobo RAM). Or is this incorrect?
So RAM usage of two NVIDIA cards are measured in MHz?

From what I understood the GPU's have their own memory (in MBs) and when doing graphics processing it uses this MB space. So when your watching a video you will see MBs go up and when u close it u will see MBs go down. (GPU RAM not mobo RAM). Or is this incorrect?

Posted 06/05/2010 04:56 AM   
[img]http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q125/djmpsf/monitor.jpg[/img]

Posted 06/05/2010 05:05 AM   
yes it is measure in MB. See picture above.
yes it is measure in MB. See picture above.

Posted 06/05/2010 05:06 AM   
Thats perfect! exactly what i want.

However in my monitoring tab all i can see is: GPU1 temp, core clock, shader clock, mem clock and fps.

How come you have such a long list?
Thats perfect! exactly what i want.

However in my monitoring tab all i can see is: GPU1 temp, core clock, shader clock, mem clock and fps.

How come you have such a long list?

Posted 06/05/2010 05:10 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top