Video Out on GeForce4 MX 440
Hi Everyone-

I have a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X where I would like to display using the VGA Out and the Yellow Video Out as a mirror display.

The problem is that when I start my computer, it uses the VGA. It does not send any video out.

When I remove the VGA Cable, it will then send the display through the video out.

Is there anyway I can have it use both, and have it mirror display?

I am using Microsoft Windows XP Professional on a HP xw4600 workstation.

Thanks!
Hi Everyone-

I have a NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 with AGP8X where I would like to display using the VGA Out and the Yellow Video Out as a mirror display.

The problem is that when I start my computer, it uses the VGA. It does not send any video out.

When I remove the VGA Cable, it will then send the display through the video out.

Thanks!

Posted 06/02/2010 09:31 PM   
In a similar situation, the thing is I know it's physically possible, just not sure how to co-ordinate it on XP. I have a Dell PC with a "nvidia Geforce4 MX 440" output is s-video and single-hdmi. When I turn on the PC with both plugged in, the tv shows the bios boot, as does the PC monitor. At 640x480 it also shows the windows boot screen on both (the tv reacts faster) until somewhere at the end of the windows boot-up the tv flashes to black, and it's like the PC monitor takes it over.

I have it running on monitor or tv, it will automaticaly stick with whichever ONE I have plugged in, but with both, chooses just the monitor. the nVidia documentation for "nvidia Geforce4 MX 440" says it's "Windows® XP native multi-display mode" compatible, though I fear this means compatible with other monitor cards (motherboard resident too). I can not find a driver to manage the two outputs simultaniously from the nVida card itself. Even if it's just a mirror, it would be helpfull.

Any ideas?

[quote name='dylanlive' post='1066870' date='Jun 2 2010, 03:31 PM']Hi Everyone-

Thanks![/quote]
In a similar situation, the thing is I know it's physically possible, just not sure how to co-ordinate it on XP. I have a Dell PC with a "nvidia Geforce4 MX 440" output is s-video and single-hdmi. When I turn on the PC with both plugged in, the tv shows the bios boot, as does the PC monitor. At 640x480 it also shows the windows boot screen on both (the tv reacts faster) until somewhere at the end of the windows boot-up the tv flashes to black, and it's like the PC monitor takes it over.

I have it running on monitor or tv, it will automaticaly stick with whichever ONE I have plugged in, but with both, chooses just the monitor. the nVidia documentation for "nvidia Geforce4 MX 440" says it's "Windows® XP native multi-display mode" compatible, though I fear this means compatible with other monitor cards (motherboard resident too). I can not find a driver to manage the two outputs simultaniously from the nVida card itself. Even if it's just a mirror, it would be helpfull.

Any ideas?

[quote name='dylanlive' post='1066870' date='Jun 2 2010, 03:31 PM']Hi Everyone-

Thanks!

Posted 07/13/2010 06:53 PM   
"nvidia Geforce4 MX 440 (Microsoft driver)" has been replaced by 2005's 6.14.10.9371 NVIDIA Corporation (a 40Meg download here) drivers. After installation and reboot, the tv was at first greyscale, but fooling around with the tv management, clicked on a default (U'd think default was already chosen?? guess not) and bang, color!! I've set it as dual mode, now I can program on one screen, tinker with the video, and only the changes are seen on the tv. I luv it! thank you for the software Nvidia!

the file was in a legacy directory btw.

[quote name='csis_dustin' post='1087462' date='Jul 13 2010, 12:53 PM']In a similar situation, the thing is I know it's physically possible, just not sure how to co-ordinate it on XP. I have a Dell PC with a "nvidia Geforce4 MX 440" output is s-video and single-hdmi. When I turn on the PC with both plugged in, the tv ...

Any ideas?[/quote]
"nvidia Geforce4 MX 440 (Microsoft driver)" has been replaced by 2005's 6.14.10.9371 NVIDIA Corporation (a 40Meg download here) drivers. After installation and reboot, the tv was at first greyscale, but fooling around with the tv management, clicked on a default (U'd think default was already chosen?? guess not) and bang, color!! I've set it as dual mode, now I can program on one screen, tinker with the video, and only the changes are seen on the tv. I luv it! thank you for the software Nvidia!

[quote name='csis_dustin' post='1087462' date='Jul 13 2010, 12:53 PM']In a similar situation, the thing is I know it's physically possible, just not sure how to co-ordinate it on XP. I have a Dell PC with a "nvidia Geforce4 MX 440" output is s-video and single-hdmi. When I turn on the PC with both plugged in, the tv ...

Any ideas?

Posted 07/14/2010 12:57 AM   
[quote name='csis_dustin' date='14 July 2010 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1279069063' post='1087625']

[/quote]

Hi,

I have just updated to this driver from the Downloads section of the main nVidia website, however I still cannot get my S-Video output to work. Regardless of whether I have the VGA plugged in or not...?

(The S-Video port on my TV works fine by the way as when plugged in, the S-Video A/V menu option is un-greyed-out and I have used my DVD player on it before upgrading to Composite Video - the max on my DVD player) N.B. My TV is a 42-Inch Plasma!

This is puzzling and annoying, however my TV does have a dedicated VGA PC input which works fine, I just can't have Dual Screens.... :-(

The only option i can see in the nVidia desktop managemet tool thing is to force it to detect TV on reboot, but that doesn't seem to work either.

Oh well, thanks anyway.

Adam.

ASRock P4i45E, P4 3.0Ghz/1MB/800FSB Prescott with HT, SSE3, 2GB DDR400@200Mhz.

P.S. No download link on the word "here" above and my driver version: 6.14.10.9371 is dated 2006, not 2005..?
[quote name='csis_dustin' date='14 July 2010 - 12:57 AM' timestamp='1279069063' post='1087625']

Hi,

I have just updated to this driver from the Downloads section of the main nVidia website, however I still cannot get my S-Video output to work. Regardless of whether I have the VGA plugged in or not...?

(The S-Video port on my TV works fine by the way as when plugged in, the S-Video A/V menu option is un-greyed-out and I have used my DVD player on it before upgrading to Composite Video - the max on my DVD player) N.B. My TV is a 42-Inch Plasma!

This is puzzling and annoying, however my TV does have a dedicated VGA PC input which works fine, I just can't have Dual Screens.... :-(

The only option i can see in the nVidia desktop managemet tool thing is to force it to detect TV on reboot, but that doesn't seem to work either.

Oh well, thanks anyway.

Adam.

ASRock P4i45E, P4 3.0Ghz/1MB/800FSB Prescott with HT, SSE3, 2GB DDR400@200Mhz.

P.S. No download link on the word "here" above and my driver version: 6.14.10.9371 is dated 2006, not 2005..?

Posted 03/06/2011 11:32 PM   
Scroll To Top