Nvidia GTX 480 drivers,INCREDIBLE STUTTERING ON BFBC2
  1 / 78    
I bought just some days ago a GTX 480,asus.I changed my ati 5850 toxic card.It's amazing to see a video card that have stuttering during the game.
I play every day BFBC2,the game have high fps but the graphic stutter considerably.
i tryed to go back to the cd driver,i used the updated driver and the beta driver everytime using driver sweeper.
i tryed to put on triple buffering,i tryed ALL.the result for the moment : 500 € totally wasted.

NVidia ,many users have these problems, we want an explanation.
I bought just some days ago a GTX 480,asus.I changed my ati 5850 toxic card.It's amazing to see a video card that have stuttering during the game.

I play every day BFBC2,the game have high fps but the graphic stutter considerably.

i tryed to go back to the cd driver,i used the updated driver and the beta driver everytime using driver sweeper.

i tryed to put on triple buffering,i tryed ALL.the result for the moment : 500 € totally wasted.

Posted 06/01/2010 10:28 PM   
many users don't have this problem and of those that do most of them don't have their systems either set-up or configured properly.

By any chance are you running EVGA precision, msi afterburner, or something similar with the latest beta driver? There is a know bug with the fan polling that causes the exact symptoms you are describing.

2nd, instead of bitching and demanding and explanation how about you list your system specs so people can actually try and help you.
many users don't have this problem and of those that do most of them don't have their systems either set-up or configured properly.

By any chance are you running EVGA precision, msi afterburner, or something similar with the latest beta driver? There is a know bug with the fan polling that causes the exact symptoms you are describing.

2nd, instead of bitching and demanding and explanation how about you list your system specs so people can actually try and help you.

Posted 06/02/2010 12:56 AM   
[quote name='GTX480user' post='1066151' date='Jun 1 2010, 05:28 PM']I bought just some days ago a GTX 480,asus.I changed my ati 5850 toxic card.It's amazing to see a video card that have stuttering during the game.

NVidia ,many users have these problems, we want an explanation.[/quote]

Having this as well on a 470. Sometimes it will consistently "drop" a frame every 5-10 seconds, and other times it will only happen once every 30 seconds to a minute. Swapped back to my GTX260 and didn't really notice the problem, but I have a hard time maintaining 60fps so it's hard to tell.

Win7 x64
Gigabyte X58-UDR3 Mobo w/ 6GB Corsair XMS3
Intel i7 930 (1366)
eVGA GTX470
(sig is outdated)

I rolled back to 197.75 from the 257.15 drivers and didn't nice any improvement. This is a fresh install of the OS and all other drivers/Windows updates are loaded.

Knowing EA/DICE, it could very well be a bug on their side, but hopefully Nvidia will look into it to confirm since it appears to only be affecting the Fermi cards. 3DMark 06 and Vantage both run smooth. Definitely not a temp or PSU issue. I've checked temps (GPU never breaks 80C) and I've swapped between known good PSUs.
[quote name='GTX480user' post='1066151' date='Jun 1 2010, 05:28 PM']I bought just some days ago a GTX 480,asus.I changed my ati 5850 toxic card.It's amazing to see a video card that have stuttering during the game.

Having this as well on a 470. Sometimes it will consistently "drop" a frame every 5-10 seconds, and other times it will only happen once every 30 seconds to a minute. Swapped back to my GTX260 and didn't really notice the problem, but I have a hard time maintaining 60fps so it's hard to tell.

Win7 x64

Gigabyte X58-UDR3 Mobo w/ 6GB Corsair XMS3

Intel i7 930 (1366)

eVGA GTX470

(sig is outdated)

I rolled back to 197.75 from the 257.15 drivers and didn't nice any improvement. This is a fresh install of the OS and all other drivers/Windows updates are loaded.

Knowing EA/DICE, it could very well be a bug on their side, but hopefully Nvidia will look into it to confirm since it appears to only be affecting the Fermi cards. 3DMark 06 and Vantage both run smooth. Definitely not a temp or PSU issue. I've checked temps (GPU never breaks 80C) and I've swapped between known good PSUs.

i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz
Asus P8Z77-V PRO
16GB Corsair Vengeance
EVGA GTX680 Superclocked
2X 240GB Corsair Force GT (RAID 0)
2X 500GB WD RE3 (RAID 0)
1X 2TB WD Caviar Black (eSATA, for backups)

Posted 06/02/2010 12:59 AM   
Granted this doesn't affect single card users but with those who have SLI, changing the AA settings to use the SLI-AA profiles eliminted any stuttering. So there's definately some things that can be done on the 3D settings side that can help.

Again, there is a bug with current beta driver and using things like EVGA precision.
Granted this doesn't affect single card users but with those who have SLI, changing the AA settings to use the SLI-AA profiles eliminted any stuttering. So there's definately some things that can be done on the 3D settings side that can help.

Again, there is a bug with current beta driver and using things like EVGA precision.

Posted 06/02/2010 01:02 AM   
Djnoob please,users like me and the others don't need at least of a nvidia fanboy.Please try to help us .
With a single graphic card the problem is real,and if you will do a little research on google you will find the problem highlighted by many other people.I experienced this problem initially with ATI, they resolved in 20 days with two release fixes driver.
I tried to install beta drivers, the stuttering has increased .I rolled back to 197.75 and i forced DX10 instead DX11,and the stuttering is significantly reduced (but not disappeared).
User problem?uhm no i don't think sincerely sorry.

Anyway if this can help my system configuration is :

Win 7 64bit
Asus rampage extreme 2
8 gb Corsair ddr3
Asus GTX 480
thermaltake 750W
intel core i7 930
Djnoob please,users like me and the others don't need at least of a nvidia fanboy.Please try to help us .

With a single graphic card the problem is real,and if you will do a little research on google you will find the problem highlighted by many other people.I experienced this problem initially with ATI, they resolved in 20 days with two release fixes driver.

I tried to install beta drivers, the stuttering has increased .I rolled back to 197.75 and i forced DX10 instead DX11,and the stuttering is significantly reduced (but not disappeared).

User problem?uhm no i don't think sincerely sorry.

Anyway if this can help my system configuration is :

Win 7 64bit

Asus rampage extreme 2

8 gb Corsair ddr3

Asus GTX 480

thermaltake 750W

intel core i7 930

Posted 06/02/2010 01:32 AM   
Hmm well we both have X58 Mobos. Different audio chipsets (I'm using onboard Realtek 7.1 atm.) I'm also using a GTX4xx series card. Same OS as well. I have an onboard Marvell chipset for my network card as well.

From [url="http://www.anandtech.com/show/2638/2"]http://www.anandtech.com/show/2638/2[/url]: "along with dual RJ-45 ports sporting the Marvell 88E8056-NNC1 controller chips that offer teaming capability."

Not the exact controller I have, but if for some reason we really start leaning towards NIC, I have another I can test with. For now I'm thinking it's hardware or driver issues related to video or mobo that only seem to affect BC2.

I tried forcing DX10 earlier (257.15 drivers) and it seemed much better. Bloom was on and I had the very occasional black screen glitch. This never happens with bloom off, and other people I play with say it's "normal." I do force Vsync via Nvidia control panel, but no other options. I have experimented with prerendered frames both in settings.ini for the game and Nvidia control panel, but have removed/reinstalled drivers since and restored to defaults. I have also renamed my settings.ini for BC2. I have tried without Vsync and found it much harder to detect because of screen tearing (60hz LCD@80fps+ avg), but it was still there in some form, and much more noticeable when flying a chopper.
Hmm well we both have X58 Mobos. Different audio chipsets (I'm using onboard Realtek 7.1 atm.) I'm also using a GTX4xx series card. Same OS as well. I have an onboard Marvell chipset for my network card as well.

From http://www.anandtech.com/show/2638/2: "along with dual RJ-45 ports sporting the Marvell 88E8056-NNC1 controller chips that offer teaming capability."

Not the exact controller I have, but if for some reason we really start leaning towards NIC, I have another I can test with. For now I'm thinking it's hardware or driver issues related to video or mobo that only seem to affect BC2.

I tried forcing DX10 earlier (257.15 drivers) and it seemed much better. Bloom was on and I had the very occasional black screen glitch. This never happens with bloom off, and other people I play with say it's "normal." I do force Vsync via Nvidia control panel, but no other options. I have experimented with prerendered frames both in settings.ini for the game and Nvidia control panel, but have removed/reinstalled drivers since and restored to defaults. I have also renamed my settings.ini for BC2. I have tried without Vsync and found it much harder to detect because of screen tearing (60hz LCD@80fps+ avg), but it was still there in some form, and much more noticeable when flying a chopper.

i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz
Asus P8Z77-V PRO
16GB Corsair Vengeance
EVGA GTX680 Superclocked
2X 500GB WD RE3 (RAID 0)

Posted 06/02/2010 03:48 AM   
eviljolly for sure this is a driver problem.Believe to me, with a ATI 5850 toxic i have at least 10 fps down without any type of stuttering with the last driver.

Force DX 10 in a game that use DX11 ,and buy a VGA that should be "total compatible wih dx11" is ridicolous.

Ndivia,epic fail.
eviljolly for sure this is a driver problem.Believe to me, with a ATI 5850 toxic i have at least 10 fps down without any type of stuttering with the last driver.

Force DX 10 in a game that use DX11 ,and buy a VGA that should be "total compatible wih dx11" is ridicolous.

Ndivia,epic fail.

Posted 06/02/2010 12:26 PM   
Is your card by chance a factory overclocked graphics card? Can you try reducing your clock speeds by about 15% and let us know if the stuttering goes away?
Is your card by chance a factory overclocked graphics card? Can you try reducing your clock speeds by about 15% and let us know if the stuttering goes away?

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 06/02/2010 07:29 PM   
there are issues wtih DX11 that DICE has already confirmed. It's not a driver or card issue, it's a game issue.
there are issues wtih DX11 that DICE has already confirmed. It's not a driver or card issue, it's a game issue.

Posted 06/02/2010 07:35 PM   
[quote name='ManuelG' post='1066796' date='Jun 2 2010, 02:29 PM']Is your card by chance a factory overclocked graphics card? Can you try reducing your clock speeds by about 15% and let us know if the stuttering goes away?[/quote]
Mine is a non-overclocked version, and I haven't done any manually.

Bone stock motherboard BIOS settings (latest revision) with the exception of enabling onboard RAID. Tried two different PSUs, and a reformat.

Have not tried any drivers prior to 197.75, but I would be willing to if you think that may help us track down the cause. Just tell me which ones :)
[quote name='ManuelG' post='1066796' date='Jun 2 2010, 02:29 PM']Is your card by chance a factory overclocked graphics card? Can you try reducing your clock speeds by about 15% and let us know if the stuttering goes away?

Mine is a non-overclocked version, and I haven't done any manually.

Bone stock motherboard BIOS settings (latest revision) with the exception of enabling onboard RAID. Tried two different PSUs, and a reformat.

Have not tried any drivers prior to 197.75, but I would be willing to if you think that may help us track down the cause. Just tell me which ones :)

i5 3570K @ 4.6GHz
Asus P8Z77-V PRO
16GB Corsair Vengeance
EVGA GTX680 Superclocked
2X 500GB WD RE3 (RAID 0)

Posted 06/02/2010 07:46 PM   
Thanks. I admit BF:BC2 is my favorite FPS game to date. I haven't seen these stuttering issues myself but as DJNOOB mentioned, there are some other app bugs which unfortunately a fix won't be provided by Dice for a while.
Thanks. I admit BF:BC2 is my favorite FPS game to date. I haven't seen these stuttering issues myself but as DJNOOB mentioned, there are some other app bugs which unfortunately a fix won't be provided by Dice for a while.

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 06/02/2010 07:56 PM   
Latest and greatest on the latest patch for BFBC2 is looking to still be another two weeks off. As of the 28th, QA came up with some issues on the server side so the're back to work on it. Once they've fixed those issues then it's back to QA which usually takes about 2 weeks. However, there's no telling whether or not there are any DX11 fixes in that patch.

The stuttering bug with use of precision or similarapps is a driver bug with 257.15 that relates to the fan speed polling.

Other people have found that changing the render ahead settings has provided some improvement. One key is to ensure that your control panel settings as well as the game settings are set to the same number.
Latest and greatest on the latest patch for BFBC2 is looking to still be another two weeks off. As of the 28th, QA came up with some issues on the server side so the're back to work on it. Once they've fixed those issues then it's back to QA which usually takes about 2 weeks. However, there's no telling whether or not there are any DX11 fixes in that patch.

The stuttering bug with use of precision or similarapps is a driver bug with 257.15 that relates to the fan speed polling.

Other people have found that changing the render ahead settings has provided some improvement. One key is to ensure that your control panel settings as well as the game settings are set to the same number.

Posted 06/02/2010 08:09 PM   
[quote name='ManuelG' post='1066796' date='Jun 2 2010, 09:29 PM']Is your card by chance a factory overclocked graphics card? Can you try reducing your clock speeds by about 15% and let us know if the stuttering goes away?[/quote]
no manuel,mine is a non-overclocked graphics card.
i cannot understand.

ps : the stutering persist in dx10[b] djnoob[/b],but slightly.
with the ati 5850 toxic in dx11 there isn't any stuttering.
[quote name='ManuelG' post='1066796' date='Jun 2 2010, 09:29 PM']Is your card by chance a factory overclocked graphics card? Can you try reducing your clock speeds by about 15% and let us know if the stuttering goes away?

no manuel,mine is a non-overclocked graphics card.

i cannot understand.

ps : the stutering persist in dx10 djnoob,but slightly.

with the ati 5850 toxic in dx11 there isn't any stuttering.

Posted 06/02/2010 08:10 PM   
[b]ManuelG[/b]
Fix plz low GPU usage on GTX 295.
[url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=163313"] Poor Performace BFBC2 DUAL GTX 295's[/url]
ManuelG

Fix plz low GPU usage on GTX 295.

Poor Performace BFBC2 DUAL GTX 295's

Cpu: q9550 @ 3.6

Mobo: ASUS Striker II Formula

Memory Ram: Corsair XMS2 DHX 2x2GB

Graphic: GTX 295 (Dual PCB)

PSU: Zalman ZM1000-HP

Sound: Onboard sound default

Posted 06/02/2010 11:54 PM   
Zolder I suggest you start you own thread regarding the issue you are having.
Zolder I suggest you start you own thread regarding the issue you are having.

Posted 06/03/2010 12:05 AM   
  1 / 78    
Scroll To Top