GT 240 Problem not being recognized
I have an HP Pavilion d5000t that's a couple years old. The nVidia 9800GT w/ 1GB DDR3 (which came preinstalled on the computer) recently went bad. I purchased an nVidia 240GT w/ 512MB GDDR5. However, when I plug my monitor into the DVI port on the new GPU and power on the computer, it tells me that there is no input and the monitor goes to sleep. The 9800GT required auxillary power and audio, whereas the 240GT does not have connections for either. I know it's in the correct port (there's only 1 PCIe x16 slot on my motherboard). Can anyone help explain why it's not being recognized as installed?

PS I know the PCIe x16 port still works because the old GPU still outputs an artifacted image when booting, so a signal is being received.

specs:
Intel Q9450 @ 2.66GHz
6GB DDR2 (2 x 2GB, 2 x 1GB)
IPIBL-TX motherboard
Windows 7 Home Premium x64

If you need any other specs, just let me know. Thanks for the help.
I have an HP Pavilion d5000t that's a couple years old. The nVidia 9800GT w/ 1GB DDR3 (which came preinstalled on the computer) recently went bad. I purchased an nVidia 240GT w/ 512MB GDDR5. However, when I plug my monitor into the DVI port on the new GPU and power on the computer, it tells me that there is no input and the monitor goes to sleep. The 9800GT required auxillary power and audio, whereas the 240GT does not have connections for either. I know it's in the correct port (there's only 1 PCIe x16 slot on my motherboard). Can anyone help explain why it's not being recognized as installed?

PS I know the PCIe x16 port still works because the old GPU still outputs an artifacted image when booting, so a signal is being received.

specs:

Intel Q9450 @ 2.66GHz

6GB DDR2 (2 x 2GB, 2 x 1GB)

IPIBL-TX motherboard

Windows 7 Home Premium x64

If you need any other specs, just let me know. Thanks for the help.

Posted 05/28/2010 11:41 PM   
Im having the same problem with the same card except iam plugging it as VGA. Boot up it just a black screen. Using the older motherboard card, it doesnt show as an additional hardware. Did u get it running?
Im having the same problem with the same card except iam plugging it as VGA. Boot up it just a black screen. Using the older motherboard card, it doesnt show as an additional hardware. Did u get it running?

Posted 06/28/2010 12:34 AM   
Scroll To Top