GEForce GT230 Video Signal Suddenly Stops Must shut down computer and reboot to get signal back
HP Elite 140f: Video Signal Suddenly Lost after staring up and using computer for a while...

Anyone have any advice? The computer is brand new.

This is what typically happens: I start up computer, begin using it for one purpose or another, then suddenly, without warning, the monitor I am using displays a "no signal" message. The power button on the tower still appears to be on (and blue, indicating the computer is still on, not orange as if in standby or sleep).

Then, I typically power down the computer, disconnect EVERYTHING (including the power cord), wait a bit, and plug everything back in before rebooting.

Usually I can use the computer for a while, before it does the exact same thing again.

Out of the box, I didn't have a monitor, so I hooked the computer up directly to my TV (LG 42LH90) by way of a DVI cable. There didn't seem to be any problems with losing the signal while I had this set up.

I ultimately bought a separate monitor (Samsung P2250) : I disconnected my TV, and connected the new monitor (also, by DVI). At boot-up, this was fine, until I was in the middle of doing something and inexplicably the signal was lost.

Since then, the problem occurs whether I have both the TV and the monitor set-up, just the TV, or just the monitor. Also doesn't make a difference if I hook up the TV by DVI or HDMI.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS THING?! ; 0 ) Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

nvidia geforce gt230 video card with 1.5 gb dedicated ram

Windows 7 Home OS
HP Elite 140f: Video Signal Suddenly Lost after staring up and using computer for a while...

This is what typically happens: I start up computer, begin using it for one purpose or another, then suddenly, without warning, the monitor I am using displays a "no signal" message. The power button on the tower still appears to be on (and blue, indicating the computer is still on, not orange as if in standby or sleep).

Then, I typically power down the computer, disconnect EVERYTHING (including the power cord), wait a bit, and plug everything back in before rebooting.

Usually I can use the computer for a while, before it does the exact same thing again.

Out of the box, I didn't have a monitor, so I hooked the computer up directly to my TV (LG 42LH90) by way of a DVI cable. There didn't seem to be any problems with losing the signal while I had this set up.

I ultimately bought a separate monitor (Samsung P2250) : I disconnected my TV, and connected the new monitor (also, by DVI). At boot-up, this was fine, until I was in the middle of doing something and inexplicably the signal was lost.

Since then, the problem occurs whether I have both the TV and the monitor set-up, just the TV, or just the monitor. Also doesn't make a difference if I hook up the TV by DVI or HDMI.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS THING?! ; 0 ) Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Windows 7 Home OS

Posted 05/27/2010 06:54 PM   
I have the exact same problem with the same PC as you. Have you ever heard from anyone or gotten this fixed?

I have not taken the time yet to call HP - I figure they're going to tell me to reload the PC.

Do you have any problems burning DVD's by the way?

[quote name='mbielbyjr2' post='1063384' date='May 27 2010, 01:54 PM']HP Elite 140f: Video Signal Suddenly Lost after staring up and using computer for a while...

Windows 7 Home OS[/quote]
I have the exact same problem with the same PC as you. Have you ever heard from anyone or gotten this fixed?

I have not taken the time yet to call HP - I figure they're going to tell me to reload the PC.

Do you have any problems burning DVD's by the way?

[quote name='mbielbyjr2' post='1063384' date='May 27 2010, 01:54 PM']HP Elite 140f: Video Signal Suddenly Lost after staring up and using computer for a while...

Windows 7 Home OS

Posted 07/27/2010 12:59 PM   
Ensure that any external power adapters connected to the graphics card are firmly seated (if applicable, not all GPUs require an external power adapter), and that the GPU has it's own line from the PSU with no other devices connected to it. Also ensure that your motherboard's 4 or 8-pin +12V adapter is firmly seated.

If your motherboard requires an additional 4-pin molex power connection from the PSU to provide additional power to the PCI-Express x16 slot, make sure it is connected and firmly seated. You may need to contact HP for this information.

Amorphous
Ensure that any external power adapters connected to the graphics card are firmly seated (if applicable, not all GPUs require an external power adapter), and that the GPU has it's own line from the PSU with no other devices connected to it. Also ensure that your motherboard's 4 or 8-pin +12V adapter is firmly seated.

If your motherboard requires an additional 4-pin molex power connection from the PSU to provide additional power to the PCI-Express x16 slot, make sure it is connected and firmly seated. You may need to contact HP for this information.

Amorphous

Advanced Moderator Operations and Recursive Posting Hermetic/Omnigenous User-Simulating AI

Overclocking Hall of Fame - Post your 3DMark scores today!

NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate

the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members.

Posted 08/24/2010 07:12 AM   

Amorphous

Amorphous

Advanced Moderator Operations and Recursive Posting Hermetic/Omnigenous User-Simulating AI

Overclocking Hall of Fame - Post your 3DMark scores today!

NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate

the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members.

Posted 08/24/2010 07:12 AM   
I also expriencing this problem so i called the acer company and they told me the repair-man will come to my house next monday so he came to my house and say he need to replace the graphic card so he replaced it
He said to me that the graphic card is not stable .
He install the graphic card for me .

I use the computer without any problem but just now my com freeze and so i remember that he install the graphic card without deleting the nvidia folder so i did that and reinstall now i waiting for the result to see if it works.

I advice you to call the help support if you are still under warranty.

My old graphic card is GT220 and now change to GT230

I think the problem will occur in GT220 TO GT240 WITH WINDOWS 7
I also expriencing this problem so i called the acer company and they told me the repair-man will come to my house next monday so he came to my house and say he need to replace the graphic card so he replaced it

I use the computer without any problem but just now my com freeze and so i remember that he install the graphic card without deleting the nvidia folder so i did that and reinstall now i waiting for the result to see if it works.

Posted 09/12/2010 04:28 AM   

Posted 09/12/2010 04:28 AM   
hello, am I with problems here, every time I try to play some MMO, my system freezes then I reset, and that is happening since I installed the new drives of the Nvidia, however I already tried more ancient drives and the problem persists, someone has some suggestion?I HAVE GTS 250 and everytime playing any MMO game..system freezing and crash
hello, am I with problems here, every time I try to play some MMO, my system freezes then I reset, and that is happening since I installed the new drives of the Nvidia, however I already tried more ancient drives and the problem persists, someone has some suggestion?I HAVE GTS 250 and everytime playing any MMO game..system freezing and crash

Posted 11/07/2010 11:10 PM   

Posted 11/07/2010 11:10 PM   
Got the ssame problem w gt 220...played some new games at full res and maxed out effects...however after a week, I get a black screen. It happens after the windows 7 logo appeared after booting and sometimes while I'm still inside the bios...after some google search, I found out that I'm not the only one who was having the same problem with this card...I hope that that Nvidia will look into this.
Got the ssame problem w gt 220...played some new games at full res and maxed out effects...however after a week, I get a black screen. It happens after the windows 7 logo appeared after booting and sometimes while I'm still inside the bios...after some google search, I found out that I'm not the only one who was having the same problem with this card...I hope that that Nvidia will look into this.

Posted 04/23/2011 08:49 AM   
Hi,

I have also had my Monitor go blank, and come up with this "No-Signal" Message. This has happened a lot. I have also had my screen go Black, and, or Brown, PC Freeze up, and recently a "Display Driver" message has appeared on my tool bat at the bottom of my screen. I have also noticed that when I am playing You-Tube Clips, DvD's they stop playing, or the screen will go Black/Browm. Withing the last week, (when I have been playing a couple MMO's) the graphics will get Blocky, or the game will freeze. The only way I have found to fix these problems is to reset the PC. But this actually isn't fixing these issues I have listed as they always come back.

These problems are becoming a very regular occurance. Frustrating to say the least. I had thought about re-installing the Driver to my graphics card.....but after resing several Forum posts about people having the same or similar problems, I think I'll have to get a differant Graphics card.
Hi,

I have also had my Monitor go blank, and come up with this "No-Signal" Message. This has happened a lot. I have also had my screen go Black, and, or Brown, PC Freeze up, and recently a "Display Driver" message has appeared on my tool bat at the bottom of my screen. I have also noticed that when I am playing You-Tube Clips, DvD's they stop playing, or the screen will go Black/Browm. Withing the last week, (when I have been playing a couple MMO's) the graphics will get Blocky, or the game will freeze. The only way I have found to fix these problems is to reset the PC. But this actually isn't fixing these issues I have listed as they always come back.

These problems are becoming a very regular occurance. Frustrating to say the least. I had thought about re-installing the Driver to my graphics card.....but after resing several Forum posts about people having the same or similar problems, I think I'll have to get a differant Graphics card.

Posted 08/26/2011 08:48 PM   
Scroll To Top