Optimus problem still exists with 257.15 Problem seems to be solved with 257.21 WHQL, other experien
  1 / 10    
It occures in PES 2010. I updated the driver and re-installed the game, but it still detects only the integrated graphics device of my Asus N82JV. So I can't choose a higher resolution than 800x600 :-(

Any solutions with the new driver?

Knaddy
It occures in PES 2010. I updated the driver and re-installed the game, but it still detects only the integrated graphics device of my Asus N82JV. So I can't choose a higher resolution than 800x600 :-(

Knaddy

Posted 05/25/2010 08:35 PM   

Knaddy

Knaddy

Posted 05/25/2010 08:35 PM   
The same problem with GTA4.
Only 59MB available VRAM. :angry:

Asus N61Jv: i5-430m, GT325

Posted 05/26/2010 09:07 AM   

Posted 05/26/2010 09:07 AM   
[quote name='Knaddy' post='1061989' date='May 25 2010, 01:35 PM']It occures in PES 2010. I updated the driver and re-installed the game, but it still detects only the integrated graphics device of my Asus N82JV. So I can't choose a higher resolution than 800x600 :-(

Knaddy[/quote]

I have the n61jv and optimus still has the same main issues except for some fix. Battery mode works well now and you can run the nvidia gpu at full performance when you don't have the AC plugged in. Need for speed demo does not crash for me anymore and it runs well. Fallout3, dawnofwar2, and metro 2033 still have the same issues. You cannot set the main preferred gpu as nvidia as it always kicks back to intel after you close the nvidia control panel. So hopefully they fix this for the actual June driver update.

Btw, how much did you get for the n82jv?
[quote name='Knaddy' post='1061989' date='May 25 2010, 01:35 PM']It occures in PES 2010. I updated the driver and re-installed the game, but it still detects only the integrated graphics device of my Asus N82JV. So I can't choose a higher resolution than 800x600 :-(

Knaddy

I have the n61jv and optimus still has the same main issues except for some fix. Battery mode works well now and you can run the nvidia gpu at full performance when you don't have the AC plugged in. Need for speed demo does not crash for me anymore and it runs well. Fallout3, dawnofwar2, and metro 2033 still have the same issues. You cannot set the main preferred gpu as nvidia as it always kicks back to intel after you close the nvidia control panel. So hopefully they fix this for the actual June driver update.

Posted 05/26/2010 09:20 AM   

Knaddy[/quote]

Knaddy

Posted 05/26/2010 09:20 AM   
[quote name='pjcs' post='1062386' date='May 26 2010, 11:20 AM']I have the n61jv and optimus still has the same main issues except for some fix. Battery mode works well now and you can run the nvidia gpu at full performance when you don't have the AC plugged in. Need for speed demo does not crash for me anymore and it runs well. Fallout3, dawnofwar2, and metro 2033 still have the same issues. You cannot set the main preferred gpu as nvidia as it always kicks back to intel after you close the nvidia control panel. So hopefully they fix this for the actual June driver update.

Btw, how much did you get for the n82jv?[/quote]

The problem with PES is that the settings menu runs under Windows before starting the game. You can't change the graphics device in that menu and so it doesn't let you choose the highest detail level. Maybe Konami accounts for that in this case.

A similar effect has Trackmania United Forever. The settings menu detects just the Intel card. Anyway, it lets you choose the highest graphics settings. It wouldn't run properly with the Intel. Luckily, when starting the game, the nVidia chip is active :-)

No problems with Splinter Cell Conviction and Guild Wars.

I payed 980 € for the N82JV.

Best regards
Knaddy
[quote name='pjcs' post='1062386' date='May 26 2010, 11:20 AM']I have the n61jv and optimus still has the same main issues except for some fix. Battery mode works well now and you can run the nvidia gpu at full performance when you don't have the AC plugged in. Need for speed demo does not crash for me anymore and it runs well. Fallout3, dawnofwar2, and metro 2033 still have the same issues. You cannot set the main preferred gpu as nvidia as it always kicks back to intel after you close the nvidia control panel. So hopefully they fix this for the actual June driver update.

The problem with PES is that the settings menu runs under Windows before starting the game. You can't change the graphics device in that menu and so it doesn't let you choose the highest detail level. Maybe Konami accounts for that in this case.

A similar effect has Trackmania United Forever. The settings menu detects just the Intel card. Anyway, it lets you choose the highest graphics settings. It wouldn't run properly with the Intel. Luckily, when starting the game, the nVidia chip is active :-)

Best regards

Knaddy

Posted 05/26/2010 12:01 PM   

Btw, how much did you get for the n82jv?[/quote]

Best regards
Knaddy

Best regards

Knaddy

Posted 05/26/2010 12:01 PM   
Yep

ASUS N61Jv with NVIDIA GT 325M Optimus graphic card
Windows 7 64bit

GTA 4 does not recognise the NVIDIA card
Have same problem with Saints Row 2 and others.

Not happy....
Yep

Windows 7 64bit

Not happy....

Posted 05/27/2010 01:25 AM   
Yep

Windows 7 64bit

Not happy....
Yep

Windows 7 64bit

Not happy....

Posted 05/27/2010 01:25 AM   
Same thing here with Asus N71j in Modern Warfare 2. Optimus doesn't switch from Intel GC to GeForce GT 325M... very annoying...
Same thing here with Asus N71j in Modern Warfare 2. Optimus doesn't switch from Intel GC to GeForce GT 325M... very annoying...

Posted 05/27/2010 02:40 AM   

Posted 05/27/2010 02:40 AM   
[quote name='Pantheon' post='1063000' date='May 27 2010, 02:25 AM']Yep

Windows 7 64bit

Not happy....[/quote]

I have the exact same laptop, exact same problem.
I was really looking forward to playing metro 2033, but gphx card doesnt seem to be recognised by the game.
I guess its not switching to the nvidia card...
I already tryed do "pre-heat" the optimus system, by making it switch to the nvidia card, but only worked once, in fallout3. Doesnt seem to be the answer to our problem though.
In my case, metro, per example, doesnt recogn any of the ghpx card, it just says "unknow video card's vendor: thats unsuported!" The game doesnt even start.
A real bummer...
When is the new driver expected to be released?

Cheers

Windows 7 64bit

Not happy....

I was really looking forward to playing metro 2033, but gphx card doesnt seem to be recognised by the game.

I already tryed do "pre-heat" the optimus system, by making it switch to the nvidia card, but only worked once, in fallout3. Doesnt seem to be the answer to our problem though.

In my case, metro, per example, doesnt recogn any of the ghpx card, it just says "unknow video card's vendor: thats unsuported!" The game doesnt even start.

A real bummer...

Cheers

Posted 05/27/2010 02:45 AM   

Windows 7 64bit

Not happy....[/quote]

A real bummer...

Cheers

Windows 7 64bit

Not happy....

A real bummer...

Cheers

Posted 05/27/2010 02:45 AM   
Recieved email from David after talking to Pavan on live chat:

"Thanks for waiting. My colleague escalated your case to me for a 2nd look. At this point, we are aware of this issue with this and is in process of investigating.
Sorry for the inconvenience. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns."

After asking how long it will take:

"I feel confident that it'll be fix eventually. Its in process now. Its just a matter of time that it'll get integrated into our future driver release. If you don't see any difference in the next release, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks for bring this to our attention."
Recieved email from David after talking to Pavan on live chat:

"Thanks for waiting. My colleague escalated your case to me for a 2nd look. At this point, we are aware of this issue with this and is in process of investigating.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns."

After asking how long it will take:

"I feel confident that it'll be fix eventually. Its in process now. Its just a matter of time that it'll get integrated into our future driver release. If you don't see any difference in the next release, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks for bring this to our attention."

Posted 05/27/2010 04:13 AM   
  1 / 10    
Scroll To Top