NVIDIA GeForce 330M Driver Not Installing
The screen keeps fickering and keeps changing from Windows Aero to Windows Basic and gives me the following message:

Aero

Update the driver for your video card

The current video card may support Aero with a driver that is compliant with the Windows
Display Driver Model (WDDM), Contact the manufacturer of your computer or video card for a WDDM - compatible driver.

I went to NVIDIA to get the current driver for Windows 7 x64 (197.16) for the card I have and when I go to install it I get:

NVIDIA Setup Error

The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

Why is it not instaling or is it not compatible with Windows 7 x64
The screen keeps fickering and keeps changing from Windows Aero to Windows Basic and gives me the following message:

Aero

The current video card may support Aero with a driver that is compliant with the Windows

Display Driver Model (WDDM), Contact the manufacturer of your computer or video card for a WDDM - compatible driver.

I went to NVIDIA to get the current driver for Windows 7 x64 (197.16) for the card I have and when I go to install it I get:

NVIDIA Setup Error

The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

Posted 05/25/2010 01:26 AM   

Aero

NVIDIA Setup Error

Aero

NVIDIA Setup Error

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

Posted 05/25/2010 01:26 AM   
Which notebook are you using?

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 05/25/2010 03:28 AM   

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 05/25/2010 03:28 AM   
[quote name='ManuelG' post='1061391' date='May 24 2010, 11:28 PM']Which notebook are you using?[/quote]

MacBook Pro
[quote name='ManuelG' post='1061391' date='May 24 2010, 11:28 PM']Which notebook are you using?

MacBook Pro

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

Posted 05/25/2010 04:01 AM   
[quote name='ManuelG' post='1061391' date='May 24 2010, 11:28 PM']Which notebook are you using?[/quote]

MacBook Pro
[quote name='ManuelG' post='1061391' date='May 24 2010, 11:28 PM']Which notebook are you using?

MacBook Pro

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

Posted 05/25/2010 04:01 AM   
I also have this issue however i don't have the aero to basic swtichover though, i have a Samsung R780 (UK Model) on W7 (64bit).
I also have this issue however i don't have the aero to basic swtichover though, i have a Samsung R780 (UK Model) on W7 (64bit).

Posted 05/26/2010 08:21 AM   

Posted 05/26/2010 08:21 AM   
i also have the problem with an aspire 5745g and win 7. i can´t install the driver. can anyone help?
i also have the problem with an aspire 5745g and win 7. i can´t install the driver. can anyone help?

Posted 07/06/2010 05:55 PM   
[quote name='Molehill' post='1083745' date='Jul 6 2010, 10:55 AM']i also have the problem with an aspire 5745g and win 7. i can´t install the driver. can anyone help?[/quote]

I also have that notebook and the same thing happens to me when I tried to update the driver.

Nvidia mentioned this in a sticky:

[quote]Notebook users: Some laptops, especially older ones, require that you get your drivers directly from the manufacturer. If you attempt to install a driver from the NVIDIA site and get a message saying the driver could not find a compatable device then you will need to get your driver from the laptop manufacturer. Unfortuantely for you, this likely means that this driver will not have the latest feature set. NVIDIA is working with laptop manufacturers to eliminate this issue.[/quote]

So far the latest drivers from Acer seem to be working fine though, so I don't really see any urgent need to update the drivers just yet. Everything including the hybrid-GPU profiles is working great and everything is stable as it is, so I figure it's best to leave well enough alone and not tinker too much with the drivers.
[quote name='Molehill' post='1083745' date='Jul 6 2010, 10:55 AM']i also have the problem with an aspire 5745g and win 7. i can´t install the driver. can anyone help?

I also have that notebook and the same thing happens to me when I tried to update the driver.

Notebook users: Some laptops, especially older ones, require that you get your drivers directly from the manufacturer. If you attempt to install a driver from the NVIDIA site and get a message saying the driver could not find a compatable device then you will need to get your driver from the laptop manufacturer. Unfortuantely for you, this likely means that this driver will not have the latest feature set. NVIDIA is working with laptop manufacturers to eliminate this issue.

So far the latest drivers from Acer seem to be working fine though, so I don't really see any urgent need to update the drivers just yet. Everything including the hybrid-GPU profiles is working great and everything is stable as it is, so I figure it's best to leave well enough alone and not tinker too much with the drivers.

Posted 07/15/2010 03:00 AM   
[quote name='Seveleven' post='1088239' date='Jul 14 2010, 11:00 PM']I also have that notebook and the same thing happens to me when I tried to update the driver.

So far the latest drivers from Acer seem to be working fine though, so I don't really see any urgent need to update the drivers just yet. Everything including the hybrid-GPU profiles is working great and everything is stable as it is, so I figure it's best to leave well enough alone and not tinker too much with the drivers.[/quote]

This will not work for me since my manufacturer does not make any drivers for any hardware for Windows.
[quote name='Seveleven' post='1088239' date='Jul 14 2010, 11:00 PM']I also have that notebook and the same thing happens to me when I tried to update the driver.

This will not work for me since my manufacturer does not make any drivers for any hardware for Windows.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

Posted 07/16/2010 11:32 PM   
Scroll To Top