[img]http://i31.tinypic.com/21or95z.gif[/img]

What can i do ?
Hi

My XFX GTX 275 has High Temperature :(

56C idle and 93C load @ Fan Speed Auto

GPU-Z :

What can i do ?

Posted 05/23/2010 03:02 AM   
Well the idle temp isn't bad but the load temp is pushing it. From the sounds of things it would seem that your GPU fan isn't throttling.

First suggestion is to reinstall the drivers and be sure to use driver cleaner when you do it. (look in the forums for the proper way to install/uninstall driver for instructions)

Try that, if your fan still isnt' throttling then use precision or something like that to increase your fan speed.

One other thing. make sure you've cleaned the dust out of your card.
Well the idle temp isn't bad but the load temp is pushing it. From the sounds of things it would seem that your GPU fan isn't throttling.

First suggestion is to reinstall the drivers and be sure to use driver cleaner when you do it. (look in the forums for the proper way to install/uninstall driver for instructions)

Try that, if your fan still isnt' throttling then use precision or something like that to increase your fan speed.

Posted 05/23/2010 03:10 AM   

Posted 05/23/2010 03:10 AM   
Do everything DJNoob recommends, quite possibly they will work for you.

Another option is to use an aftermarket cooler for the GTX275. They dont cost much and probably will decrease your temps by 15-20 degrees.

Another option is to use an aftermarket cooler for the GTX275. They dont cost much and probably will decrease your temps by 15-20 degrees.

Sincerely

Nik K

JOIN Our Folding@Home NVIDIA User2User Forums Team.

TEAM NUMBER : 142900

PROJECT URL :

Normal Client : http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Download

GPU Client : http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadWinOther

Posted 05/23/2010 03:18 AM   

Sincerely

Nik K

JOIN Our Folding@Home NVIDIA User2User Forums Team.

TEAM NUMBER : 142900

PROJECT URL :

Normal Client : http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Download

GPU Client : http://folding.stanford.edu/English/DownloadWinOther

Posted 05/23/2010 03:18 AM   
Actualy his idle temp is a little high.Right now mine are idling at 45c with an ambient temp of 75 degree's F not Celsius on auto fan setting's at 40%.

As DJNOOB suggested it's probably time to clean out the dust with some compressed air.
Actualy his idle temp is a little high.Right now mine are idling at 45c with an ambient temp of 75 degree's F not Celsius on auto fan setting's at 40%.

As DJNOOB suggested it's probably time to clean out the dust with some compressed air.

Posted 05/23/2010 03:21 AM   

Posted 05/23/2010 03:21 AM   
[quote name='DJNOOB' post='1060160' date='May 23 2010, 03:10 AM']Well the idle temp isn't bad but the load temp is pushing it. From the sounds of things it would seem that your GPU fan isn't throttling.

One other thing. make sure you've cleaned the dust out of your card.[/quote]

I already uninstall the driver then I used DriverSweeper, My card is clean from dust.

Fanspeed IC settings :

[img]http://i47.tinypic.com/200dys8.jpg[/img]
[quote name='DJNOOB' post='1060160' date='May 23 2010, 03:10 AM']Well the idle temp isn't bad but the load temp is pushing it. From the sounds of things it would seem that your GPU fan isn't throttling.

I already uninstall the driver then I used DriverSweeper, My card is clean from dust.

Fanspeed IC settings :

Posted 05/23/2010 03:22 AM   

One other thing. make sure you've cleaned the dust out of your card.[/quote]

Fanspeed IC settings :

[img]http://i47.tinypic.com/200dys8.jpg[/img]

Fanspeed IC settings :

Posted 05/23/2010 03:22 AM   
ok well then you might want to try and replace the TIM on the card.

Also it looks like the fan speed isn't set to kick in early enough. You said 93 degrees at load and the high fan speed doesn't kick in until 94. Am I seeing that right?

Also it looks like the fan speed isn't set to kick in early enough. You said 93 degrees at load and the high fan speed doesn't kick in until 94. Am I seeing that right?

Posted 05/23/2010 03:41 AM   

Posted 05/23/2010 03:41 AM   
[quote name='DJNOOB' post='1060178' date='May 23 2010, 03:41 AM']ok well then you might want to try and replace the TIM on the card.

Also it looks like the fan speed isn't set to kick in early enough. You said 93 degrees at load and the high fan speed doesn't kick in until 94. Am I seeing that right?[/quote]

What do u mean by TIM ?
[quote name='DJNOOB' post='1060178' date='May 23 2010, 03:41 AM']ok well then you might want to try and replace the TIM on the card.

What do u mean by TIM ?

Posted 05/23/2010 03:45 AM   

Also it looks like the fan speed isn't set to kick in early enough. You said 93 degrees at load and the high fan speed doesn't kick in until 94. Am I seeing that right?[/quote]

What do u mean by TIM ?

What do u mean by TIM ?

Posted 05/23/2010 03:45 AM   
[quote name='Super1' post='1060179' date='May 22 2010, 08:45 PM']What do u mean by TIM ?[/quote]

The thermal compund. I personally don't know if you need both compound and/or pads to do it on your card. I imagine there's a guide out there somewhere on how to do it and what you need. Maybe someone where knows or has a good link to guide you.
[quote name='Super1' post='1060179' date='May 22 2010, 08:45 PM']What do u mean by TIM ?

The thermal compund. I personally don't know if you need both compound and/or pads to do it on your card. I imagine there's a guide out there somewhere on how to do it and what you need. Maybe someone where knows or has a good link to guide you.

Posted 05/23/2010 03:49 AM   
  1 / 2    
Scroll To Top