Hyper-V+NVS3100m impossible? Driver/hardware issue? Can't make Hyper-V R2 work with nVidia drive
Hi,

I just got myself an HP 8440p. This is a high-end Core i7 rig with all the performance I needed for my project testing Windows 2008 R2 with multiple OS'es running on it. Everything installed nicely and I just added the Hyper-V role to my server. Windows then told me that the Intel VT was disabled so Hyper-V can't start. I enabled it and restarted. The PC then seems to be booting, but as soon as the GUI mode starts, the screen goes blank. It's still on, but showing only "black pixels".. Same thing with the external output. It comes with an NVIDIA NVS 3100M graphics card.

I've tried all possible configurations but when Intel VT is enabled, the Hyper-V Service starts and the screen goes blank.
If I uninstall the nVidia driver (using Standard VGA as Graphics Card) it works, but the graphics are sluggish (as expected).

I have also reinstalled the Windows 2008 R2 from scratch with Intel VT enabled just to make sure it wasn't the problem.

Result matrix: :)
VT on + nVidia driver = Blank screen
VT off + nVidia driver = Screen works but Hyper-V won't start
VT on + nVidia driver + Hyper-V disabled = Screen works but Hyper-V won't start
VT on + MS VGA driver = Screen and Hyper-V works but slow graphics...

Is it possible for someone to help me out here?

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

I just got myself an HP 8440p. This is a high-end Core i7 rig with all the performance I needed for my project testing Windows 2008 R2 with multiple OS'es running on it. Everything installed nicely and I just added the Hyper-V role to my server. Windows then told me that the Intel VT was disabled so Hyper-V can't start. I enabled it and restarted. The PC then seems to be booting, but as soon as the GUI mode starts, the screen goes blank. It's still on, but showing only "black pixels".. Same thing with the external output. It comes with an NVIDIA NVS 3100M graphics card.

I've tried all possible configurations but when Intel VT is enabled, the Hyper-V Service starts and the screen goes blank.

If I uninstall the nVidia driver (using Standard VGA as Graphics Card) it works, but the graphics are sluggish (as expected).

I have also reinstalled the Windows 2008 R2 from scratch with Intel VT enabled just to make sure it wasn't the problem.

Result matrix: :)

VT on + nVidia driver = Blank screen

VT off + nVidia driver = Screen works but Hyper-V won't start

VT on + nVidia driver + Hyper-V disabled = Screen works but Hyper-V won't start

VT on + MS VGA driver = Screen and Hyper-V works but slow graphics...

Is it possible for someone to help me out here?

Thanks in advance!

Posted 05/19/2010 08:26 AM   
Oh, just found another post regarding this:
[url="http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=166851"]http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=166851[/url]

Moderators: Please feel free to merge these under whatever forum/topic you might seem fit.. :unsure:

Thx again!
Oh, just found another post regarding this:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=166851

Moderators: Please feel free to merge these under whatever forum/topic you might seem fit.. :unsure:

Thx again!

Posted 05/19/2010 08:28 AM   
Doesn't anyone have any ideas?

Please help! :">
Doesn't anyone have any ideas?

Please help! :">

Posted 07/13/2010 06:28 AM   
Scroll To Top