Lenovo G460 GeForce 310M Driver Update Problem
Hey, I recently bought a Lenovo G460, which has an Nvidia GeForce 310M graphics card in it. The drivers that came with the Laptop are old, version 188.36. I downloaded the latest drivers from Nvidia for Windows 7 64-bit, and I made sure I selected notebook edition. But when I go to install the drivers I get this message, "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit." I've tried uninstalling my old drivers, and I've tried re-downloading them, nothing seems to work. Anybody have any ideas on what might be going wrong?

Here's a GPU-Z screenshot:
[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/115304/pictures/lappy/gpuz.gif[/img]
Hey, I recently bought a Lenovo G460, which has an Nvidia GeForce 310M graphics card in it. The drivers that came with the Laptop are old, version 188.36. I downloaded the latest drivers from Nvidia for Windows 7 64-bit, and I made sure I selected notebook edition. But when I go to install the drivers I get this message, "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit." I've tried uninstalling my old drivers, and I've tried re-downloading them, nothing seems to work. Anybody have any ideas on what might be going wrong?

Posted 05/18/2010 03:31 AM   
I faced the same program and Lenovo seems don't want to update the driver themselves. I have some programs cannot work properly and don't know how to fix the problem.
I faced the same program and Lenovo seems don't want to update the driver themselves. I have some programs cannot work properly and don't know how to fix the problem.

Posted 05/28/2010 08:38 AM   
[quote name='brianfok' post='1063688' date='May 28 2010, 04:38 AM']I faced the same program and Lenovo seems don't want to update the driver themselves. I have some programs cannot work properly and don't know how to fix the problem.[/quote]

You need to copy and paste the top line of your Hardware ID found in the "Details" tab of your GeForce GT 310M (see snapshot below for an example from the GT 320M). Go into Windows Control Panel's Device Manager, and right-click over the GT 310M entry under "Display Adapters".

Make sure that ManuelG (Nvidia tech here) knows about this--he'll need to add it to the installation drivers for the next release.
[quote name='brianfok' post='1063688' date='May 28 2010, 04:38 AM']I faced the same program and Lenovo seems don't want to update the driver themselves. I have some programs cannot work properly and don't know how to fix the problem.

You need to copy and paste the top line of your Hardware ID found in the "Details" tab of your GeForce GT 310M (see snapshot below for an example from the GT 320M). Go into Windows Control Panel's Device Manager, and right-click over the GT 310M entry under "Display Adapters".

Make sure that ManuelG (Nvidia tech here) knows about this--he'll need to add it to the installation drivers for the next release.

ASRock P67 Extreme4 (B3) in XPS 630i case | UEFI 3.19 | Core i5 2500K | CM Hyper 212 Plus | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 Sniper 1600MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB | Dell S2340M 23" IPS LED | Samsung 840 Series 250GB | Hitachi Touro Mobile Pro 500GB | ASUS DRW-24B1ST | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | CORSAIR 850HX 850W | Microsoft Sidewinder X3 | Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 | Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

Posted 05/28/2010 03:58 PM   
Here is the Hardware IDs of the display card.

But how do I let ManuelG know about this?
Here is the Hardware IDs of the display card.

But how do I let ManuelG know about this?
Attachments

HardwareIds.jpg

Posted 06/01/2010 12:25 PM   
I have the same problem... my top line is PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&SUBSYS_10011BAB&REV_A2 :) Is there something i can do, or no?
I have the same problem... my top line is PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&SUBSYS_10011BAB&REV_A2 :) Is there something i can do, or no?

Posted 06/07/2010 04:49 PM   
[quote name='-Delta-' post='1057506' date='May 17 2010, 11:31 PM']Hey, I recently bought a Lenovo G460, which has an Nvidia GeForce 310M graphics card in it. The drivers that came with the Laptop are old, version 188.36. I downloaded the latest drivers from Nvidia for Windows 7 64-bit, and I made sure I selected notebook edition. But when I go to install the drivers I get this message, "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit." I've tried uninstalling my old drivers, and I've tried re-downloading them, nothing seems to work. Anybody have any ideas on what might be going wrong?

[img]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/115304/pictures/lappy/gpuz.gif[/img][/quote]

Hey, Is ur problem got FIXED ?

Because I have the same laptop too and I can't do anything in this matter. Please guide me if have find out the solution yet. I beg u, please.
[quote name='-Delta-' post='1057506' date='May 17 2010, 11:31 PM']Hey, I recently bought a Lenovo G460, which has an Nvidia GeForce 310M graphics card in it. The drivers that came with the Laptop are old, version 188.36. I downloaded the latest drivers from Nvidia for Windows 7 64-bit, and I made sure I selected notebook edition. But when I go to install the drivers I get this message, "The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit." I've tried uninstalling my old drivers, and I've tried re-downloading them, nothing seems to work. Anybody have any ideas on what might be going wrong?

Hey, Is ur problem got FIXED ?

Because I have the same laptop too and I can't do anything in this matter. Please guide me if have find out the solution yet. I beg u, please.

Posted 06/12/2010 10:09 AM   
[quote name='Killster' post='1072288' date='Jun 12 2010, 10:09 AM']Hey, Is ur problem got FIXED ?

Because I have the same laptop too and I can't do anything in this matter. Please guide me if have find out the solution yet. I beg u, please.[/quote]
Yeah, I did get it working. I had a friend, who knows quite a bit about nvidia stuff, add the hardware ID to some nvidia .INI file. I can't remember exactly what he did, or what file he modified, though, sorry.
[quote name='Killster' post='1072288' date='Jun 12 2010, 10:09 AM']Hey, Is ur problem got FIXED ?

Yeah, I did get it working. I had a friend, who knows quite a bit about nvidia stuff, add the hardware ID to some nvidia .INI file. I can't remember exactly what he did, or what file he modified, though, sorry.

Posted 06/25/2010 07:49 PM   
hey guys, I'm experiencing a similar problem but the only difference is that no drivers is currently installed on my computer, and I can't install any...
I have the nvidia geforce 310m video card and well I'd like to use it, my laptop is brand new and I can't even install the drivers...
help ? anyone ?
hey guys, I'm experiencing a similar problem but the only difference is that no drivers is currently installed on my computer, and I can't install any...

I have the nvidia geforce 310m video card and well I'd like to use it, my laptop is brand new and I can't even install the drivers...

help ? anyone ?

Posted 07/27/2010 02:15 AM   
This problem eats my head. I posses a Acer 5745g with a Nvidia 310m optimus. The drivers provided by acer are older than like 1 million years! So, i tried to install it, no success. I tried every other methods too. So, I hope an administrator of Nvidia sees our crying need, and provide a suitable driver for us.
This problem eats my head. I posses a Acer 5745g with a Nvidia 310m optimus. The drivers provided by acer are older than like 1 million years! So, i tried to install it, no success. I tried every other methods too. So, I hope an administrator of Nvidia sees our crying need, and provide a suitable driver for us.

Posted 04/25/2011 01:58 AM   
Divine_knight - Please read the bottom of my first post here to find out what information I need from you and I will try to add it to the next driver release:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=198377
Divine_knight - Please read the bottom of my first post here to find out what information I need from you and I will try to add it to the next driver release:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=198377

Please send me a PM if I fail to keep up on replying in any specific thread or leave a driver feedback: Driver Feedback

Posted 04/25/2011 02:02 AM   
Thanks and Sorry for being late. I thought I would never have a reply. I will give the details tomorrow. Thanks again.
Thanks and Sorry for being late. I thought I would never have a reply. I will give the details tomorrow. Thanks again.

Posted 07/12/2011 02:30 PM   
OK here it is -

1) Acer 5745G
2) Nvidia 310M
3) PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&SUBSYS_035B1025&REV_A2
OK here it is -

1) Acer 5745G

2) Nvidia 310M

3) PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&SUBSYS_035B1025&REV_A2

Posted 07/21/2011 09:34 AM   
Can I get help via this thread? If so, my info is:

1)Toshiba Satellite A505
2)Nvidia 310M
3)PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&SUBSYS_FF161179&REV_A2
Can I get help via this thread? If so, my info is:

1)Toshiba Satellite A505

2)Nvidia 310M

3)PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0A75&SUBSYS_FF161179&REV_A2

Posted 09/29/2011 09:18 PM   
To All acer users, i managed to update my optimus graphics card. Just go to bios (in case, you go there by pressing f2 while you turn on your laptop). Search for graphics. It should be listed as switchable. Just change it to discrete. Then you'll be able to install the driver without any modded inf or anything else. Happy to help. And dont worry if you turn graphics discrete and your resolution is not correct yada yada. Just update.
To All acer users, i managed to update my optimus graphics card. Just go to bios (in case, you go there by pressing f2 while you turn on your laptop). Search for graphics. It should be listed as switchable. Just change it to discrete. Then you'll be able to install the driver without any modded inf or anything else. Happy to help. And dont worry if you turn graphics discrete and your resolution is not correct yada yada. Just update.

Posted 10/06/2011 09:30 AM   
Scroll To Top