Possible Fallout 3 3d vision fixes for sky and water.
  1 / 3    
I figured this deserved its own thread.

This is all very beta, so I need some help testing.

Here is a beta fix for sky boxes, feel free to try it out in 3d and let me know how it works.

[url="http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=12600"]http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=12600[/url]

It extracts into fallout 3/data/meshes/sky/

These settings fixed water depth for me completely , try it with these settings and let me know how it goes in your fallout.ini and falloutprefs.ini. (must be in both .ini files afaik)

[Water]
bUseWaterShader=1
bUseWaterReflections=1
bUseWaterRefractions=0
bUseWaterDepth=1
bUseWaterHiRes=1
bUseWaterDisplacements=1
bUseWaterLOD=0
bReflectExplosions=1
bAutoWaterSilhouetteReflections=1
bForceHighDetailReflections=1
bForceLowDetailReflections=0
fTileTextureDivisor=4.7500
fSurfaceTileSize=2048.0000
fNearWaterOutdoorTolerance=1024.0000
fNearWaterIndoorTolerance=512.0000
fNearWaterUnderwaterVolume=0.9000
fNearWaterUnderwaterFreq=0.3000
uNearWaterPoints=8
uNearWaterRadius=1000
uSurfaceFPS=12
iWaterReflectWidth=1024
iWaterReflectHeight=1024
bUseWaterReflectionBlur=1
iWaterBlurAmount=4

Also, search for iWaterMultisamples in the falloutprefs.ini file and make sure it is set to 1.

iWaterMultisamples=1

[url="http://img535.imageshack.us/i/fallout30850.jpg/"][img]http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/6296/fallout30850.jpg[/img][/url]
I figured this deserved its own thread.

This is all very beta, so I need some help testing.

Here is a beta fix for sky boxes, feel free to try it out in 3d and let me know how it works.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=12600

It extracts into fallout 3/data/meshes/sky/

These settings fixed water depth for me completely , try it with these settings and let me know how it goes in your fallout.ini and falloutprefs.ini. (must be in both .ini files afaik)

[Water]

bUseWaterShader=1

bUseWaterReflections=1

bUseWaterRefractions=0

bUseWaterDepth=1

bUseWaterHiRes=1

bUseWaterDisplacements=1

bUseWaterLOD=0

bReflectExplosions=1

bAutoWaterSilhouetteReflections=1

bForceHighDetailReflections=1

bForceLowDetailReflections=0

fTileTextureDivisor=4.7500

fSurfaceTileSize=2048.0000

fNearWaterOutdoorTolerance=1024.0000

fNearWaterIndoorTolerance=512.0000

fNearWaterUnderwaterVolume=0.9000

fNearWaterUnderwaterFreq=0.3000

uNearWaterPoints=8

uNearWaterRadius=1000

uSurfaceFPS=12

iWaterReflectWidth=1024

iWaterReflectHeight=1024

bUseWaterReflectionBlur=1

iWaterBlurAmount=4

Also, search for iWaterMultisamples in the falloutprefs.ini file and make sure it is set to 1.

iWaterMultisamples=1

The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

--Robert A. Heinlein

Posted 05/12/2010 09:09 PM   

The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

--Robert A. Heinlein

Posted 05/12/2010 09:55 PM   
edit: mod works great, post removed; was misleading
edit: mod works great, post removed; was misleading

Posted 05/13/2010 03:13 AM   
[quote name='CamRaiD' post='1054853' date='May 12 2010, 09:13 PM']I just tested it, the sky is great, no problem there... I am finding however that im getting a narrow band of reflections around the edges of a pool of water/lake.. Same as before I think....

I chucked the sky directory (from the rar) into fallout3\meshes\...... then I edited fallout3.ini and changed the made the said changes to the "water" section of it and ensured this ; "bInvalidateOlderFiles=1" was set correctly...

Can someone else try this perhaps?? Maybe I need to reinstall it.... Its GOTY edition[/quote]

Are you [i]only[/i] getting reflections in that narrow band? Is it not like in my pic? I'm glad to hear the sky meshes are working. I really hated how low they seemed.
[quote name='CamRaiD' post='1054853' date='May 12 2010, 09:13 PM']I just tested it, the sky is great, no problem there... I am finding however that im getting a narrow band of reflections around the edges of a pool of water/lake.. Same as before I think....

I chucked the sky directory (from the rar) into fallout3\meshes\...... then I edited fallout3.ini and changed the made the said changes to the "water" section of it and ensured this ; "bInvalidateOlderFiles=1" was set correctly...

Can someone else try this perhaps?? Maybe I need to reinstall it.... Its GOTY edition

Are you only getting reflections in that narrow band? Is it not like in my pic? I'm glad to hear the sky meshes are working. I really hated how low they seemed.

--Robert A. Heinlein

Posted 05/13/2010 03:46 AM   
edit: post removed; was misleading. Works great
edit: post removed; was misleading. Works great

Posted 05/13/2010 04:05 AM   
[quote name='CamRaiD' post='1054867' date='May 12 2010, 10:05 PM']I have never gotten around to figuring the picture viewer out, il have a look at viewing it.

[b]edit[/b]: Okay, I cant see the edges of the water on your picture, but there doesnt appear to be any anomoly unlike mine... I will reinstall it and see if I get the same result

[b]
edit[/b]: I think I know where I went wrong; are you supposed to edit those same water settings into both the fallout3.ini AND the fallout3Pref.ini located in the documents/mygames/fallout3/[/quote]

That's what I did for mine.
[quote name='CamRaiD' post='1054867' date='May 12 2010, 10:05 PM']I have never gotten around to figuring the picture viewer out, il have a look at viewing it.

edit: Okay, I cant see the edges of the water on your picture, but there doesnt appear to be any anomoly unlike mine... I will reinstall it and see if I get the same result

edit
: I think I know where I went wrong; are you supposed to edit those same water settings into both the fallout3.ini AND the fallout3Pref.ini located in the documents/mygames/fallout3/

That's what I did for mine.

--Robert A. Heinlein

Posted 05/13/2010 05:13 AM   
Here is what it should look like.

[url="http://img41.imageshack.us/i/fallout302502.jpg/"][img]http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1223/fallout302502.jpg[/img][/url]

I changed the water settings a bit.
Here is what it should look like.

I changed the water settings a bit.

--Robert A. Heinlein

Posted 05/13/2010 05:21 AM   
BEAUTIFUL.... nevermind me, if anyone can mess instructions i can :"> it works a charm and looks great! Well done. Pahncrd strikes yet again !! /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' /> Thank-you!
BEAUTIFUL.... nevermind me, if anyone can mess instructions i can :"> it works a charm and looks great! Well done. Pahncrd strikes yet again !! /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' /> Thank-you!

Posted 05/13/2010 05:24 AM   
[quote name='CamRaiD' post='1054892' date='May 12 2010, 11:24 PM']BEAUTIFUL.... nevermind me, if anyone can mess instructions i can :"> it works a charm and looks great! Well done. Pahncrd strikes yet again !! /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' /> Thank-you![/quote]

No problem, I'm glad you got it working. :D I fixed the sky meshes, but I am sure others have figured out the water settings for 3d vision, I just figured I would put it up online to make it easier for people to find.

Long live 3d gaming!

To clarify, the sky fix worked for you too? Also, will you try the new water settings, I think that they should work better for puddles as I accidentally disabled waterlod.
[quote name='CamRaiD' post='1054892' date='May 12 2010, 11:24 PM']BEAUTIFUL.... nevermind me, if anyone can mess instructions i can :"> it works a charm and looks great! Well done. Pahncrd strikes yet again !! /yes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':yes:' /> Thank-you!

No problem, I'm glad you got it working. :D I fixed the sky meshes, but I am sure others have figured out the water settings for 3d vision, I just figured I would put it up online to make it easier for people to find.

Long live 3d gaming!

To clarify, the sky fix worked for you too? Also, will you try the new water settings, I think that they should work better for puddles as I accidentally disabled waterlod.

--Robert A. Heinlein

Posted 05/13/2010 05:30 AM   
WOOT! I will be applying these tweeks tonight
WOOT! I will be applying these tweeks tonight

Posted 05/13/2010 01:58 PM   
It works a treat pannybabeh /sorcerer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':sorcerer:' />
It works a treat pannybabeh /sorcerer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':sorcerer:' />

Posted 05/13/2010 02:02 PM   
It seems that the sky is still just a little low for my tastes, I am going to re-edit the meshes and fix them a little. I'll throw them up when I finish.
It seems that the sky is still just a little low for my tastes, I am going to re-edit the meshes and fix them a little. I'll throw them up when I finish.

--Robert A. Heinlein

Posted 05/13/2010 03:02 PM   
I'm ordering the materials to build a shrine yo pahncrd
I'm ordering the materials to build a shrine yo pahncrd

Intel Core i7-3820 @ 3.60GHZ

16 gig Ram

2 Gigabyte GTX 970 4gig
3 X ASUS VG278HE
Nvidia 3Dvision

Windows 10

Posted 05/13/2010 03:36 PM   
I also get the narrow band of reflections around the edges of a pool of water/lake. It is noticable when looking from a distance. Before fix, with water settings set to low this wasnt an issue for me.

Defo good fix with the sky though.
I also get the narrow band of reflections around the edges of a pool of water/lake. It is noticable when looking from a distance. Before fix, with water settings set to low this wasnt an issue for me.

Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
-------------------
Vitals: Windows 7 64bit, i5 2500 @ 4.4ghz, SLI GTX670, 8GB, Viewsonic VX2268WM

Handy Driver Discussion
Helix Mod - community fixes
Bo3b's Shaderhacker School - How to fix 3D in games
3dsolutionsgaming.com - videos, reviews and 3D fixes

Posted 05/13/2010 05:00 PM   
[quote name='andysonofbob' post='1055161' date='May 13 2010, 11:00 AM']I also get the narrow band of reflections around the edges of a pool of water/lake. It is noticable when looking from a distance. Before fix, with water settings set to low this wasnt an issue for me.

Defo good fix with the sky though.[/quote]

Will you be willing to take a 3d pic so I can see and troubleshoot the problem? There might be a setting I am missing.

Did you apply the fixes in your falloutprefs.ini file? Does it look like it does in my pics?

EDIT: Yeah, so bUseWaterLOD=0 needs to be set to 0.

I changed the settings to reflect that change.
[quote name='andysonofbob' post='1055161' date='May 13 2010, 11:00 AM']I also get the narrow band of reflections around the edges of a pool of water/lake. It is noticable when looking from a distance. Before fix, with water settings set to low this wasnt an issue for me.

Will you be willing to take a 3d pic so I can see and troubleshoot the problem? There might be a setting I am missing.

Did you apply the fixes in your falloutprefs.ini file? Does it look like it does in my pics?

EDIT: Yeah, so bUseWaterLOD=0 needs to be set to 0.

I changed the settings to reflect that change.

--Robert A. Heinlein

Posted 05/13/2010 07:11 PM   
  1 / 3    
Scroll To Top