Nvidia 3D and power DVD 10 Ultra Possible incompatibility
Hi all,

I have a Samsung 2233 3D capable monitor and have been running Nvidia 3D for a couple of months. Great for Flight Sim. However I recently upgraded from Cyberlink Power DVD8 Ultra to Power DVD10 Ultra and now find the 10 Ultra software is not compatible on this 3d monitor for Blu-ray playback. Standard DVDs play OK but I get an 'incompatible video link' message when I try to play Blu-ray. I could previously play Blu -ray with Power DVD 8 on this machine so gusess there is a real problem with V.10 I purchased v.10 on the basis that Cyberlink will be bringing out Mark 2 software for 3D this summer.
I have tried using an ordinary single DVI cable in the Samsung but as I expected it does not work

Cyberlink do not seem to understand the problem. They advised me to get a HDCP compliant monitor, upgrade drivers and use a VGA link which really shows they have not got a clue. it makes me wonder how they propose to introduce the Cyberlink 3D software if they intend we use a VGA cable???!!!

[b]Has anyone got Power DVD10 Ultra to work with a Samsung 2233 with Nvidia 3D software loaded? I would dearly like to know how. And if anyone has does it run Blu-Ray OK?. So far no one on any of the UK tech forums seesm to have a solution And does anyone know if the Cyberlink mark2 3D software is going to be compatible with Nvidia 3D vision software?

I leave you with those head scratchers!
Hi all,

I have a Samsung 2233 3D capable monitor and have been running Nvidia 3D for a couple of months. Great for Flight Sim. However I recently upgraded from Cyberlink Power DVD8 Ultra to Power DVD10 Ultra and now find the 10 Ultra software is not compatible on this 3d monitor for Blu-ray playback. Standard DVDs play OK but I get an 'incompatible video link' message when I try to play Blu-ray. I could previously play Blu -ray with Power DVD 8 on this machine so gusess there is a real problem with V.10 I purchased v.10 on the basis that Cyberlink will be bringing out Mark 2 software for 3D this summer.

I have tried using an ordinary single DVI cable in the Samsung but as I expected it does not work

Cyberlink do not seem to understand the problem. They advised me to get a HDCP compliant monitor, upgrade drivers and use a VGA link which really shows they have not got a clue. it makes me wonder how they propose to introduce the Cyberlink 3D software if they intend we use a VGA cable???!!!

[b]Has anyone got Power DVD10 Ultra to work with a Samsung 2233 with Nvidia 3D software loaded? I would dearly like to know how. And if anyone has does it run Blu-Ray OK?. So far no one on any of the UK tech forums seesm to have a solution And does anyone know if the Cyberlink mark2 3D software is going to be compatible with Nvidia 3D vision software?

I leave you with those head scratchers!

Posted 05/11/2010 10:38 AM   
tigertop,

i have similar setup w/ acer gd245hq, and power dvd10. so far i have not managed to see any 3d blu-ray films with power dvd. However -to my knowledge- you need dual dvi cable for 120 hz signal (at least for 1920x1080 resolution), vga and dhcp are a step back not forward.

if you can point out where i can find some 3d films / demos happy to test and let you know if it works for me.
tigertop,

i have similar setup w/ acer gd245hq, and power dvd10. so far i have not managed to see any 3d blu-ray films with power dvd. However -to my knowledge- you need dual dvi cable for 120 hz signal (at least for 1920x1080 resolution), vga and dhcp are a step back not forward.

if you can point out where i can find some 3d films / demos happy to test and let you know if it works for me.

Posted 05/11/2010 11:05 AM   
Hi i think that i had a similar problem a while back, download anydvd hd trial

[url="http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html"]http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html[/url]

I think that this will solve your problem

Andrew
Hi i think that i had a similar problem a while back, download anydvd hd trial

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

I think that this will solve your problem

Andrew

Posted 05/11/2010 01:02 PM   
Tigertop is talking about normal Bluray not 3D bluray, as we all know, PowerDvD 10 hasnt released the 3D upgrade yet
Tigertop is talking about normal Bluray not 3D bluray, as we all know, PowerDvD 10 hasnt released the 3D upgrade yet

Posted 05/11/2010 04:59 PM   
[quote name='Jaz808' post='1053936' date='May 11 2010, 04:59 PM']Tigertop is talking about normal Bluray not 3D bluray, as we all know, PowerDvD 10 hasnt released the 3D upgrade yet[/quote]
Jaz 808 is right. I don't expect to use 3D Bluray until Symantec release the Mark 2 software. But having shelled out a fat wad to buy Power DVD10 I expect it to play normal Bluray. I reloaded and checked everything again today. Standard dvds play perfectly but I get the same problem again-it will not play Blue-Ray. The problem is shown on the Cyberlink BD Advisor check as a video connection problem called 'Digital ( without HDCP)' This is nonsense as I ran Microsoft's 'Fixit' programme which confirmed GPU, GPU software and the Samsung monitor as HDCP compliant. I knew this already but it was nice to see it confirmed on a hardware check. Clearly there is a problem with Cyberlink Software not updating to allow for the dual core cable for the Samsung 2233 120 Hz monitor. I am no expert but that seems to be the problem.
I have asked Cyberlink to confirm whether the Power 10 Ultra mark 2 3D software when issued will be compatible with Blueray and there has been a sort of audible silence if you know what I mean. I have also asked if the Power DVD 10 Ultra 3|D software will be will be compatible with Nvidia 3D software. We will see what they say but it does not look good for Power 10. users so far. I have also raised the issue with Nvidia to see if they are aware of the seeming incompatability

I will keep you all informed as and when I get an answer and hopefully a solution.
[quote name='Jaz808' post='1053936' date='May 11 2010, 04:59 PM']Tigertop is talking about normal Bluray not 3D bluray, as we all know, PowerDvD 10 hasnt released the 3D upgrade yet

Jaz 808 is right. I don't expect to use 3D Bluray until Symantec release the Mark 2 software. But having shelled out a fat wad to buy Power DVD10 I expect it to play normal Bluray. I reloaded and checked everything again today. Standard dvds play perfectly but I get the same problem again-it will not play Blue-Ray. The problem is shown on the Cyberlink BD Advisor check as a video connection problem called 'Digital ( without HDCP)' This is nonsense as I ran Microsoft's 'Fixit' programme which confirmed GPU, GPU software and the Samsung monitor as HDCP compliant. I knew this already but it was nice to see it confirmed on a hardware check. Clearly there is a problem with Cyberlink Software not updating to allow for the dual core cable for the Samsung 2233 120 Hz monitor. I am no expert but that seems to be the problem.

I have asked Cyberlink to confirm whether the Power 10 Ultra mark 2 3D software when issued will be compatible with Blueray and there has been a sort of audible silence if you know what I mean. I have also asked if the Power DVD 10 Ultra 3|D software will be will be compatible with Nvidia 3D software. We will see what they say but it does not look good for Power 10. users so far. I have also raised the issue with Nvidia to see if they are aware of the seeming incompatability

I will keep you all informed as and when I get an answer and hopefully a solution.

Posted 05/11/2010 08:18 PM   
HDCP does not support 120hz. You need to set your refresh rate to 60hz
HDCP does not support 120hz. You need to set your refresh rate to 60hz

Posted 05/12/2010 03:48 AM   
[quote name='Modulus' post='1054278' date='May 11 2010, 09:48 PM']HDCP does not support 120hz. You need to set your refresh rate to 60hz[/quote]
If HDCP doesn't support 120hz, how will we watch 3D bluray discs?
[quote name='Modulus' post='1054278' date='May 11 2010, 09:48 PM']HDCP does not support 120hz. You need to set your refresh rate to 60hz

If HDCP doesn't support 120hz, how will we watch 3D bluray discs?

Posted 05/12/2010 04:32 AM   
Is the message you get when trying to play a blu-ray

power dvd is not able to play protected content on your digital output device, switch to an analog output (vga,D-sub) and then try again

If so just use anydvd hd and this will solve the problem as i said earlier, and you will be able to watch blu ray discs as i have the same monitor
Is the message you get when trying to play a blu-ray

power dvd is not able to play protected content on your digital output device, switch to an analog output (vga,D-sub) and then try again

If so just use anydvd hd and this will solve the problem as i said earlier, and you will be able to watch blu ray discs as i have the same monitor

Posted 05/12/2010 07:41 AM   
[quote name='andycun1' post='1054318' date='May 12 2010, 07:41 AM']Is the message you get when trying to play a blu-ray

If so just use anydvd hd and this will solve the problem as i said earlier, and you will be able to watch blu ray discs as i have the same monitor[/quote]

I appreciate that 'anydvd' may well work but it has to be purchased and why do I need to do that when I have purchased a Cyberlink product which is supposed to include Blu Ray? Also I would be concerned that there will be a software conflict for current 3D vision use on gaming. It took me long enough to get the correct drivers for 3dVision and I do not want any more but appreciate your suggestion

There is no question of going back to 60 HZ instead of 120. I would find myself having to switch each time I wanted to use 3D vision and a better sort of fix from Symantec seems to be the best option--if there is a better fix!

Appreciate all the advice from you all-- I just have a gut feeling this one can only be solved by either a Nvidia special driver to accommodate Cyberlink 10-unlikely- or a patch from Cyberlink which is preferable. Still nothing back from them.
[quote name='andycun1' post='1054318' date='May 12 2010, 07:41 AM']Is the message you get when trying to play a blu-ray

I appreciate that 'anydvd' may well work but it has to be purchased and why do I need to do that when I have purchased a Cyberlink product which is supposed to include Blu Ray? Also I would be concerned that there will be a software conflict for current 3D vision use on gaming. It took me long enough to get the correct drivers for 3dVision and I do not want any more but appreciate your suggestion

There is no question of going back to 60 HZ instead of 120. I would find myself having to switch each time I wanted to use 3D vision and a better sort of fix from Symantec seems to be the best option--if there is a better fix!

Appreciate all the advice from you all-- I just have a gut feeling this one can only be solved by either a Nvidia special driver to accommodate Cyberlink 10-unlikely- or a patch from Cyberlink which is preferable. Still nothing back from them.

Posted 05/12/2010 09:26 AM   
I have a Alienware, very weired that PowerDvd 8 worked and PowerDvD 10 doesnt, on the same pc, wth same video card and same monitor, have gyou gone back to v8 to see if that still works,
Straight away you would think software problem ?
Does that monitor and video card have hdmi ?, hdmi 1.3 will work for Bluray, 1.4-in for 3D Bluray, which is not the prob
I have a Alienware, very weired that PowerDvd 8 worked and PowerDvD 10 doesnt, on the same pc, wth same video card and same monitor, have gyou gone back to v8 to see if that still works,

Does that monitor and video card have hdmi ?, hdmi 1.3 will work for Bluray, 1.4-in for 3D Bluray, which is not the prob

Posted 05/12/2010 01:04 PM   
[quote name='Jaz808' post='1054399' date='May 12 2010, 01:04 PM']I have a Alienware, very weired that PowerDvd 8 worked and PowerDvD 10 doesnt, on the same pc, wth same video card and same monitor, have gyou gone back to v8 to see if that still works,
Does that monitor and video card have hdmi ?, hdmi 1.3 will work for Bluray, 1.4-in for 3D Bluray, which is not the prob[/quote]
Yes I am pretty certain they are hdmi. I have not loaded powerDVD 8 again as I really don't want to go backwards. All I know is I had Bluray OK on it before I deleted Power 8 to put power 10 on. I am hoping someone will turn up who has a 2233 and cyberlink 10 and blu Ray. Still nothing back from Cyberlink although they were very quick on the initial response. All very strange! But we must be patient I guess. The real problem will arise if the 3D mark 2 software does not play Blu Ray on the Samsung 2233
[quote name='Jaz808' post='1054399' date='May 12 2010, 01:04 PM']I have a Alienware, very weired that PowerDvd 8 worked and PowerDvD 10 doesnt, on the same pc, wth same video card and same monitor, have gyou gone back to v8 to see if that still works,

Yes I am pretty certain they are hdmi. I have not loaded powerDVD 8 again as I really don't want to go backwards. All I know is I had Bluray OK on it before I deleted Power 8 to put power 10 on. I am hoping someone will turn up who has a 2233 and cyberlink 10 and blu Ray. Still nothing back from Cyberlink although they were very quick on the initial response. All very strange! But we must be patient I guess. The real problem will arise if the 3D mark 2 software does not play Blu Ray on the Samsung 2233

Posted 05/12/2010 04:52 PM   
[quote name='tigertop' post='1054529' date='May 12 2010, 04:52 PM']Yes I am pretty certain they are hdmi. I have not loaded powerDVD 8 again as I really don't want to go backwards. All I know is I had Bluray OK on it before I deleted Power 8 to put power 10 on. I am hoping someone will turn up who has a 2233 and cyberlink 10 and blu Ray. Still nothing back from Cyberlink although they were very quick on the initial response. All very strange! But we must be patient I guess. The real problem will arise if the 3D mark 2 software does not play Blu Ray on the Samsung 2233[/quote]

It is Now july 12th and the Mark 11 software patch just released has finally solved the Blu ray problem with Power DVD 10 ULTRA Samsung knew all about it and were waiting for Cyberlink to do something. Just hope the new Nvidia 3 D drivers are OK with 10 Ultra
[quote name='tigertop' post='1054529' date='May 12 2010, 04:52 PM']Yes I am pretty certain they are hdmi. I have not loaded powerDVD 8 again as I really don't want to go backwards. All I know is I had Bluray OK on it before I deleted Power 8 to put power 10 on. I am hoping someone will turn up who has a 2233 and cyberlink 10 and blu Ray. Still nothing back from Cyberlink although they were very quick on the initial response. All very strange! But we must be patient I guess. The real problem will arise if the 3D mark 2 software does not play Blu Ray on the Samsung 2233

It is Now july 12th and the Mark 11 software patch just released has finally solved the Blu ray problem with Power DVD 10 ULTRA Samsung knew all about it and were waiting for Cyberlink to do something. Just hope the new Nvidia 3 D drivers are OK with 10 Ultra

Posted 07/12/2010 03:04 PM   
I was also encountering difficulties with the PowerDVD 10 Ultra BluRay 3D functionality. Viewsonic 120hz nVidia Geforce 3D Vision Ready Monitor, dual nVidia 460 GTX cards with 280.26 driver for Win7. I tried disconnecting my non-120hz monitor, reinstalls of software and all updates, disabling SLI etc. I finally got it to work after downloading the SlySoft AnyDVD HD 6.7.9.0. After the system restart, PowerDVD magically worked just fine, even with both monitors connected and SLI enabled. I have no idea what SlySoft enabled, as all it appeared to do was scan the disc, but I'll just go with it.
I was also encountering difficulties with the PowerDVD 10 Ultra BluRay 3D functionality. Viewsonic 120hz nVidia Geforce 3D Vision Ready Monitor, dual nVidia 460 GTX cards with 280.26 driver for Win7. I tried disconnecting my non-120hz monitor, reinstalls of software and all updates, disabling SLI etc. I finally got it to work after downloading the SlySoft AnyDVD HD 6.7.9.0. After the system restart, PowerDVD magically worked just fine, even with both monitors connected and SLI enabled. I have no idea what SlySoft enabled, as all it appeared to do was scan the disc, but I'll just go with it.

Posted 08/23/2011 08:05 PM   
Scroll To Top