NVIDA GeForce GT 220: A couple of issues Unable to update driver: Gaming and video rendering issues
Hi All,

I've purchased a HP Pavilion p61821 PC with a HP monitor, and all works fine except computer freezes during playback of DVD movies, video clips or web cam view and also during 3d-gaming. During video play back, and in 3d gaming there is also an annoying horizontal and centrally occuring "slicing" of the clip/game, especially during clips where fast action is occuring (it can't be seen during slow pans of a panoramic view for instance).

I have Driver version 8.17.11.9621, and are unable to install the latest driver, or any subsequent version of the driver, even though running Driver sweeper, prior to install. Every time I try to upgrade, I receive an error during startup and the driver is disabled by the OS (Windows 7), and I then receive an NVIDIA popup: "Unable to load NVIDIA Display Driver - You must update the video BIOS for the NVIDIA GeForce GT 220." and the "Update the video BIOS" just takes me to the front page of the HP Support site.

Unfortunately, the seal has been broken, so I suspect that even if I go to the HP vendor they will deny me fixing it without cost.

What I'm wondering is:
1. Is there any diagnostics software I can run to pinpoint any hardware issues with the card?

2. Do I really need to update the video bios of the card? And it seems complicated to do this.

3. Before (mabye) buying a new graphics card, A. should I buy the same or another graphics card model, to avoid the same issue happening, B. would I be sure that it's the graphics card that is the problem and some other hardward issue on the desktop?

If you have any ideas, it's highly appreciated...

Cheers,
J
Hi All,

I've purchased a HP Pavilion p61821 PC with a HP monitor, and all works fine except computer freezes during playback of DVD movies, video clips or web cam view and also during 3d-gaming. During video play back, and in 3d gaming there is also an annoying horizontal and centrally occuring "slicing" of the clip/game, especially during clips where fast action is occuring (it can't be seen during slow pans of a panoramic view for instance).

I have Driver version 8.17.11.9621, and are unable to install the latest driver, or any subsequent version of the driver, even though running Driver sweeper, prior to install. Every time I try to upgrade, I receive an error during startup and the driver is disabled by the OS (Windows 7), and I then receive an NVIDIA popup: "Unable to load NVIDIA Display Driver - You must update the video BIOS for the NVIDIA GeForce GT 220." and the "Update the video BIOS" just takes me to the front page of the HP Support site.

Unfortunately, the seal has been broken, so I suspect that even if I go to the HP vendor they will deny me fixing it without cost.

What I'm wondering is:

1. Is there any diagnostics software I can run to pinpoint any hardware issues with the card?

2. Do I really need to update the video bios of the card? And it seems complicated to do this.

3. Before (mabye) buying a new graphics card, A. should I buy the same or another graphics card model, to avoid the same issue happening, B. would I be sure that it's the graphics card that is the problem and some other hardward issue on the desktop?

If you have any ideas, it's highly appreciated...

Cheers,

J

Posted 05/10/2010 10:45 PM   
Did you find any solution for this? I am having the same issue. "Update Video Bios"...
Did you find any solution for this? I am having the same issue. "Update Video Bios"...

Posted 07/18/2010 05:08 PM   
This thread is over 2 months old. If you need assistance, create your own thread in the GeForce Hardware section of the forums and document your issue(s) and system specs.

Amorphous
This thread is over 2 months old. If you need assistance, create your own thread in the GeForce Hardware section of the forums and document your issue(s) and system specs.

Amorphous

Advanced Moderator Operations and Recursive Posting Hermetic/Omnigenous User-Simulating AI

Overclocking Hall of Fame - Post your 3DMark scores today!

NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate

the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the members.

Posted 07/19/2010 08:04 AM   
Scroll To Top