extended screen with GeForce 7050 / nForce 610i
Hi I wondering if it is possible to set up 2 vga monitors using a vga splitter cable on my GeForce 7050 / nForce 610i and use extended desktop? I am running win 7 ultimate if that makes any difference.

I have looked at getting a new graphics card that has 2 x vga ports but found out that my psu is not powerful enough.

Would this work?

And Hi btw I am new here /wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />
Hi I wondering if it is possible to set up 2 vga monitors using a vga splitter cable on my GeForce 7050 / nForce 610i and use extended desktop? I am running win 7 ultimate if that makes any difference.

I have looked at getting a new graphics card that has 2 x vga ports but found out that my psu is not powerful enough.

Would this work?

And Hi btw I am new here /wave.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wave:' />

Posted 05/10/2010 03:00 PM   
get a new PSU first, look at the 12V ratings, make sure you get at least 40A and more is better.

I think you are using an AGP rig, if so you need to look at a new box. PCI Express is far faster and much better supported.
get a new PSU first, look at the 12V ratings, make sure you get at least 40A and more is better.

I think you are using an AGP rig, if so you need to look at a new box. PCI Express is far faster and much better supported.

Posted 05/11/2010 05:12 AM   
[quote name='meeko' post='1053349' date='May 10 2010, 11:00 PM']Hi I wondering if it is possible to set up 2 vga monitors using a vga splitter cable ....
Would this work?[/quote]
No, it doesn't work.
You could use a DualHead2go setup - but google for all the associated problems I think you'll find it isn't worth it.
If you want dual monitors then you'll want to buy a new video card.

PSU not powerful enough for a video card upgrade?
There are some very low power video cards available. Give some details on your PSU and motherboard so we can make a recommendation.
[quote name='meeko' post='1053349' date='May 10 2010, 11:00 PM']Hi I wondering if it is possible to set up 2 vga monitors using a vga splitter cable ....

Would this work?

No, it doesn't work.

You could use a DualHead2go setup - but google for all the associated problems I think you'll find it isn't worth it.

If you want dual monitors then you'll want to buy a new video card.

PSU not powerful enough for a video card upgrade?

There are some very low power video cards available. Give some details on your PSU and motherboard so we can make a recommendation.

Posted 05/11/2010 06:51 AM   
Scroll To Top