What graphic card do i have?
Hi guys!
I've been going on all morning trying to figure out what graphic card I got as my OS doesn't seem to recognize it.

I'm running on a Windows 7 OS with decent specs.

I removed the graphic card to check if it could tell me anything, I found a bunch of random stickers and stamps that had numbers on them.

[quote name='Here's some of the numbers I found:']Model: p83
V8460Ultra/128m
N11071
CIV265
84PA3
8900[/quote]

that's the information that I found most relative, but after trying to find ANY drivers at all based on these searched, I simply gave up /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />

Could it be that the card simply does not work for Win7?

Anyway, I need a name, because I can barely do anything on my computer without a graphic card /sweat.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':sweat:' />

I hope that you can help me with this.

p.s. (I could always provide more info if necessary.)
Hi guys!

I've been going on all morning trying to figure out what graphic card I got as my OS doesn't seem to recognize it.

I removed the graphic card to check if it could tell me anything, I found a bunch of random stickers and stamps that had numbers on them.

[quote name='Here's some of the numbers I found:']Model: p83

V8460Ultra/128m

N11071

CIV265

84PA3

that's the information that I found most relative, but after trying to find ANY drivers at all based on these searched, I simply gave up /blarg.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':/' />

Anyway, I need a name, because I can barely do anything on my computer without a graphic card /sweat.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':sweat:' />

Posted 05/10/2010 12:18 PM   
Is this your video card?
[url="http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/v8460ultra/default.asp"]http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/v8460ultra/default.asp[/url]

That is a very old card. There are no official drivers for Windows Vista or Windows 7.

You can force installation of the Windows XP driver, but you will have limited features and undoubtedly slow performance.
You could otherwise use the standard nvidia geforce driver for Windows 7 but modified to add support for you video card - click on the link in my signature for laptop drivers and follow the procedure.

The real answer is, "Your card doesn't work in Windows 7".
Your best solution is to reinstall Windows XP.
Is this your video card?

http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/v8460ultra/default.asp

That is a very old card. There are no official drivers for Windows Vista or Windows 7.

You can force installation of the Windows XP driver, but you will have limited features and undoubtedly slow performance.

You could otherwise use the standard nvidia geforce driver for Windows 7 but modified to add support for you video card - click on the link in my signature for laptop drivers and follow the procedure.

The real answer is, "Your card doesn't work in Windows 7".

Your best solution is to reinstall Windows XP.

Posted 05/10/2010 12:44 PM   
Oh, yeah it is. >_<

I think I'll try to do that .nfo modification that you suggested, though.. Do I need to manually modify the "modified" .nfo I downloaded from the topic, or should it just be to install according to the steps?
Oh, yeah it is. >_<

I think I'll try to do that .nfo modification that you suggested, though.. Do I need to manually modify the "modified" .nfo I downloaded from the topic, or should it just be to install according to the steps?

Posted 05/10/2010 01:21 PM   
The inf is already modified.
Just download the version which corresponds to the driver version you want to install, and then overwrite the inf in C:\nvidia
The inf is already modified.

Just download the version which corresponds to the driver version you want to install, and then overwrite the inf in C:\nvidia

Posted 05/10/2010 01:29 PM   
[quote name='superheftig' post='1053285' date='May 10 2010, 05:18 AM']Hi guys!

p.s. (I could always provide more info if necessary.)[/quote]

Windows should be able to find the proper driver automatically.
[quote name='superheftig' post='1053285' date='May 10 2010, 05:18 AM']Hi guys!

Windows should be able to find the proper driver automatically.

Posted 05/11/2010 05:04 AM   
Scroll To Top