GeForce 210 HDMI Flickering
I have installed a GeForce 210 PCI-E 2.0 video card in a Dimension C521 pc. (cheap card cheap computer I know.....) I am wanting to connect this to our plasma display for streaming video content from the internet since I canceled my satellite service. I am using the HDMI output from the video card to the display. After about 5 minutes of viewing, the video will begin to flicker. The longer we leave it turned on the more frequently it will flicker. I've tried inserting the cable into the other HDMI input on the display and I have the same results. I have not tried a different cable but the same cable on a different device works so I don't believe that's the problem. The resolution is running at 1080i and it's running at a standard quality video. I tried adjusting to High Quality and even lowering it but the same result as well. Since I'm not in front of the pc at the moment, I'm not sure what driver version I'm using. Could it be possible that power supply is too small to handle everything? ???? I believe it's a 280-watt power supply. I don't have any add'l cards installed and it only has 1GB of RAM. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks!
Chad
/confused.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':confused:' />
I have installed a GeForce 210 PCI-E 2.0 video card in a Dimension C521 pc. (cheap card cheap computer I know.....) I am wanting to connect this to our plasma display for streaming video content from the internet since I canceled my satellite service. I am using the HDMI output from the video card to the display. After about 5 minutes of viewing, the video will begin to flicker. The longer we leave it turned on the more frequently it will flicker. I've tried inserting the cable into the other HDMI input on the display and I have the same results. I have not tried a different cable but the same cable on a different device works so I don't believe that's the problem. The resolution is running at 1080i and it's running at a standard quality video. I tried adjusting to High Quality and even lowering it but the same result as well. Since I'm not in front of the pc at the moment, I'm not sure what driver version I'm using. Could it be possible that power supply is too small to handle everything? ???? I believe it's a 280-watt power supply. I don't have any add'l cards installed and it only has 1GB of RAM. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks!

Chad

/confused.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':confused:' />

Posted 05/03/2010 10:08 PM   
Scroll To Top